The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope Magic for Beginners (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mindfreak2.0
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of mindfreak2.0
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to expand my repertoire and I feel like rope magic is a fantastic direction to go in. That being said though, I am VERY NEW to rope magic and was hoping to get some advice.

What books and/or videos would you recommend to someone who is beginning in rope magic?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2868 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
1608 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
I like Aldo Colombini’s rope videos. I understand that lybrary.com has at least a lot of the Colombini material.

I also like Fiber Optics by Richard Sanders.

That said, a basic cut and restored rope routine is a very powerful thing. It is in a lot of books and videos. Try to come up with a story to motivate the routine, and try to make it a vehicle for your character.

Patrick
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7998 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I have worked with Aldo. His material with rope is XLNT!

Abbott's has the "ENCYCLOPEDIA OF ROPE TRICKS. GREAT BOOK!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8267 Posts

Profile of funsway
"Self Working Rope Tricks" by Fulves can be a good place to start
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3634 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Flip
George Sands
Daryl
Aldo Colombini

Dennis Loomis' Knot Routine Plus really got me into Rope Magic. My partner Tom and I were lucky enough to be close friends with Dennis as he prepared to make the project. I had avoided Ropes prior to that because my dyslexia made them hard to follow. Dennis had a clear style and an easy approach to learning each trick. He has a lot of one off tricks that can be added to make a routine but don't require learning a long routine to get started.

-Mary Mowder
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
251 Posts

Profile of murf
I'll second Funsway's suggestion of the Fulves book, and add Bill Severn’s Magic with Rope, Ribbon, & String.

Murf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope Magic for Beginners (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL