The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What is your favorite comedy routine ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
What is your favorite comedy routine ?
Northern California
Arthur T
View Profile
Regular user
Wales,UK
132 Posts

Profile of Arthur T
Exchange by Wayne Dobson is always good for a laugh and easy to do!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8327 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I have two. (Does that disqualify me?

#1 is my wands and fan routine. It uses some sight gags with an "ordinary" wand, some schtick with a brakawa wand, then a show stop laugh with a shooting wand, followed by MY brakawa fan. The fan has several laughs, followed by big applause. On two occasions, I have had a STANDING OVATION IN MID SHOW, IN HIGH SCHOOLS, at the finish of the wands & fan!

I wrote up the routine in detail in my book.

#2 is my DISECTO routine. One of my earliest prop purchases (1946) was Percy Abbott's DISECTO. At first, I did the standard stuff (bloody rags, a container to catch the falling hand, etc. I wore out my first Disecto, learning how to present it! It was a couple seasons before I finally "found" my current presentation! It has been a feature in nearly every high school program, since! Five minutes of LAUGHS, and big APPLAUSE!

If I had 15 minutes in a high sch0ol, I would do my standard opening (color change silk, my "illusion" routine, the fan and wands, and close with the Disecto!

I wrote it up in my book, too.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11558 Posts

Profile of John C
Who, what, and I don't know.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1075 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
(A) Wireless Wizardry’s Jumbo Card Routine with Balloons. I use it with Creative Magic’s Bigger Wands/Biggest Wands.

and

(B) Steve Spill’s (Kohler) Mindreading Goose.
Gerald Deutsch
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Gerald Deutsch
My Perverse Egg Bag routine where the egg is smashed in my pocket.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
880 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
I would have to agree w/ MJ Marrs. Hands down its got to be the Mind Reading Goose. Ive only seen it performed on youtube but it is hillarious! Steve Spill is just funny period! $.02
OzTheMentalist
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of OzTheMentalist
Slush Powder routine, especially the way Justin Willman does it
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3240 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Nothing puts the fun into FUNeral like Endless Color Streamer from the cadavers anus. I paint them to look like intestines and each color reveals a part of their last meal. For funerals when you can't do a nude act, coins from behind the cadaver's ear is my favorite.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Special user
Beverley, UK
856 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Card At Any Number?
The spectator searches for their freely chosen card which has been shuffled/cut/lost into the deck.
It is not found, but stuck to the performers forehead.

An intermediate sleight used in my performance of over 30+ years.
Basic sleights ... that's all.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4642 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Doc Eason’s version of “Stan Kate & Edith”. I have the set he sells and also made a set in poker size cards myself.
Eric Leclerc’s “Everlasting Sponge Balls” is a recent comedy routine that I like (but my personal opinion is that parts are not for kids in today’s PC world).
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3059 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Who's on first? by Abbot and Costello.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
kuma62
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of kuma62
^is there a way we can turn this into a fun effect? Im also doing a cards version of the devil went down to Georgia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What is your favorite comedy routine ? (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL