The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Candle to silk to cane (magic on stage) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kenllh
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of kenllh
Where can I get the props? Can someone tell me the names of the props?
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
You need a vanishing candle (www.fantasio.com), a small 12" silk (from any magic dealer), and a metal appearing cane (most magic dealers).
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You need the small cane knob that Fantasio sells for the Cane to Silk and Lite Candle.

Http://www.fantasio.com

Note: There are a number of videos with the title "Magic on Stage"; which one are you referring to?
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Kevin listed the correct items. Wmhegbli seems to be confused about your question. He is talking about the McBride video, Magic on Stage, volume three.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Although McBride states a metal appearing cane is necessary, it could easily be done with a fantasio appearing cane.
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I agree with everything except on using a fantasio cane. Fantasio makes a lot of great products but nothing compares to the speed, style and dependability of a metal cane........

Take care, Bry
kenllh
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of kenllh
Ok thanks everyone. I am buying the canes just for practices, not performing, so buying the metal ones will be more costly for me due to budget.

tnks.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Bry, I understand that your preference may be a metal appearing cane, but it isn't a necessity. If it boils down to cost, the effect will work with a fantasio appearing cane; however, if you have the spare cash, go with the metal one.

;)
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Metal canes are great but please BE CAREFUL if you are using a metal vanishing cane. These types of vanishing canes can really cut up your hands pretty bad. Just a word of caution.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
This is true, and I learned the hard way. However, if you practice enough, you can get it down to a science. I like the look of metal vanishing canes over the fantasio, but it is just a matter of taste.
tenkal
View Profile
New user
Spain
46 Posts

Profile of tenkal
I use for this effect the appearing cane by fantasio. I do not have a metal one but with the fantasio one all is ok for me. the cane appears very fast.

I think some people have problems with the plastic appearing cane and I think that is because the cane is not stored in right conditions while not in use. that's what I think if I am wrong just let me know
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Candle to silk to cane (magic on stage) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL