The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PSYSPELL - Impromptu Prediction System by Adrian Fowell (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Thanks for taking the plunge, and the review, stanz - I'm glad you love it

Adrian
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I have a question, and please feel free to not answer if it would risk any kind of exposure.

Could this be used as a stage piece kind of like a chair test where instead of spelling objects, you spell the name of the volunteers that are on stage with you?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I've been PMd, thanks very much.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
I've spoken to LL about this, and appreciate he's also been helped via PM but wanted to answer here should others have a similar question.

There's no chance that you'd be lucky enough to get volunteers with workable names, even with a large group/access to a guest list, but what might work with a bit of effort is using the names of famous people, presidents, prime ministers that kind of thing. I am not saying it will, but theoretically it could - though your available options would be quite limited I suspect.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Thanks for that Adrian!

Well, now that I've had chance to read this myself, I can say it's a very cool combination of principles and an excellent piece of social/impromptu mental magic.

Once you've put in a little work to learn the method (and it's plenty easy, just requires a little familiarity) you can always have this in your back pocket. I especially like the fact that another spectator playing along will often land on a totally different option.

As a mostly parlor/stage performer, I don't do a lot of close up or social stuff, BUT my spidey senses are tingling a little that there might well be a stage piece possible with the underlying method. Not quite sure what it would be, but something along the lines of a chair test. Will definitely be thinking about this....

Cheers Adrian!
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I had a chance to check this out and it is impressive. I am usually not interested in spelling effects, but the fairness of this one did appeal to me. I do not think anyone on the fence would be disappointed by the method as it is clever and surefire. While it can be done impromptu, you will want to put some thought into the objects you choose that will feel the most natural in performance (I do not want to elaborate more to protect the method). Adrian continues to impress me with his clever thinking and I always look forward to what he has next.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Thanks guys for the reviews, it's much appreciated.

It was pointed out to me that if you didn't want to do this impromptu, you could use pictures of various things for each of the items and have the prediction written on the reverse of the 'chosen' one.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
This one is veryyy goood! I'm translating it into French and Spanish as well!

I agree with the eview of TuneHV, you might want to check your items and work it a little bit before performing it, but this is VERY VERY good and workable!
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2019, Ceierry wrote:
This one is veryyy goood! I'm translating it into French and Spanish as well!

I agree with the eview of TuneHV, you might want to check your items and work it a little bit before performing it, but this is VERY VERY good and workable!

So pleased you like it, Olivier, we are onto the Spanish version (slow going), but would love to see the French one too!

Best

Adrian
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
This is now available from Penguin, should you wish

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12133
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I agree with everything that has been said above.

This is different, in that the objects being used are random(per say). It all comes down to the way you present it and the way you play it out.

I am still working on the Spanish edition, but I have dabbled with the English version and it simply works.

If you are a fan of Phil Smith's Quinta, then Psyspell is for you. I have performed Quinta both close-up and on stage, and it gets amazing reactions.

How a simple principle can be impactful all depending on how you structure it.

PsySpell is different in that it seems like you are just requesting different objects at random, and then you change the rules, and rather than do any counting with numbers, 1, 2, 3, you actually spell, and the impossibility factor is heightened, because spectators can see that different spellings produce different results, so at the end they have nowhere to turn.

Congrats Adrian

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Just a heads up that this effect, You Chose Wisely and Between The Lines are all on sale at the moment, until the 4th July, via qmagi.com with up to 40% off.

Orders placed for physical products during the sale period will ship end of next week on the 5th July, regardless of the shipping you choose, as I am away.

Cheers
Adrian
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Hi guys

This is on offer for only 24 hours more

Thanks
Adrian
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Triple post by me. This is not worth updating the PDF for, but:

Today I've had it pointed out that the preferred object list should include 'lip gloss' - so if you hadn't worked that blatantly obvious thing out for yourself (I didn't) - there it is.

Have a great weekend!

A
Open up your mind
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of Open up your mind
This just sounds a little like multiple outs to me. What is so special about this, and without trying to give anything away, are there sometimes less than 3 phases? Pm me if you are not comfortable answering me on this forum, but what is so special about this?
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
328 Posts

Profile of drawfull
There are always 3 phases and always the same number of objects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PSYSPELL - Impromptu Prediction System by Adrian Fowell (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL