The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (265 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..35~36~37 [Next]
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Can anyone actually tell us what the true problem is with the date on the lottery ticket?

As someone contemplating buying just the app, this info is holding me back.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
It is a date in 2017...and it is California lottery specifically.

Nathan

PS June 14, 2017
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Yikes, thanks for letting me know, Nathan.

I’m a NY guy, and don’t see the rationale behind a picture of a ticket from so long ago.

I’ll pass on this unless I decide to buy the console for the other effects.

Common sense can go a long way when developing these apps.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Yeah I just feel if there was a way to upload a ticket from your state and be able to use that, it would make the app super awesome! If the date on the ticket was also editable that would give you another cool hit.

Just my two cents...that cost me 50 bucks.

Nathan
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2019, Nathan Pain wrote:
Yeah I just feel if there was a way to upload a ticket from your state and be able to use that, it would make the app super awesome! If the date on the ticket was also editable that would give you another cool hit.

Nathan

This is the one major setback with the app. I’d be willing to wait it out until they did do something like this. But unfortunately, I think they will pass on this option because of the amount of work required. They could also ask for help from some other existing app designers.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
On the UK Lotto ticket, (in the video tutorial) I can not see any date at all!
????
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
Quote:

Nathan

This is the one major setback with the app. I’d be willing to wait it out until they did do something like this. But unfortunately, I think they will pass on this option
because of the amount of work required. They could also ask for help from some other existing app designers.

God forbid they'd have to do some WORK...on an app...that is a huge part of the app game!!

Nathan
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2019, Thomas Walter wrote:
On the UK Lotto ticket, (in the video tutorial) I can not see any date at all!
????

I’ve just checked, and double checked. I see no date on the actual UK ticket
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
Quote:

Nathan

This is the one major setback with the app. I’d be willing to wait it out until they did do something like this. But unfortunately, I think they will pass on this option
because of the amount of work required. They could also ask for help from some other existing app designers.

God forbid they'd have to do some WORK...on an app...that is a huge part of the app game!!

Nathan

Some people and their kids. Lol. I’m kidding. They shouldn’t take my comment personal. It’s American humor. It is a bit odd that they aren’t willing to do this though. At least that’s what I’ve taken from the information given. If they did, I think this app would give some of the others that are similar a run for their money for sure.
T
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
I have got the app, but will wait a while to get the input gadget.
Now, were do I find the Facebook Group, if any?
Hudson Lee
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Hudson Lee
The exposed circuitboard on the gimmick makes me nervous. After owning both decibel by Adam Wilber, and magma by Kyle Marlett, I’m convinced that these gimmicks break easily. Can any of the creative team at ellusionist speak to the durability of the gimmick?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, Hudson Lee wrote:
The exposed circuitboard on the gimmick makes me nervous. After owning both decibel by Adam Wilber, and magma by Kyle Marlett, I’m convinced that these gimmicks break easily. Can any of the creative team at ellusionist speak to the durability of the gimmick?

The Console devices have been coated in a non conductive resin to protect them from wear, pocket lint, keys, coins and even moisture/sweat. I think unless it was a deliberate action or some considerable force, I think it would be difficult to break one
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I had big problems with the printer.
The second picture caused a paper jam I couldn’t fix anymore.
Have to send back the printer now....
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Mark doesn't have the magic Café, but here are his thoughts that he's asked to pass on...

<< MARKS MESSAGE >>

Firstly I'm not sure why anyone would want it to be aesthetically pleasing? It would be like complaining about the colour on the inside of a thumb tip. Function over form is surely the preference for a covert magician's device. As for the exposed circuit board, it has been coated in a non conductive resin making the board far more wear resistant and resistant to sweat etc than a plastic case. A case would have made it bulkier, harder to grip and hindered the buttons. It was designed to be as small as possible, easily finger-palmed and operated from that position, I think it does covers all of those things.

As for the buttons, I tested over 25 different button designs on my prototypes as I was looking for something that would be completely silent and tactile (so you can feel which button you are hovering over). I wanted to avoid issues of accidentally pressing two buttons at once and avoid accidental double inputs of a single button known in electronics as Switch Bouncing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switch#Contact_bounce). I tested several different different button designs, shapes, sizes, each in several different Newton Metre operating force specifications. I was also looking for buttons that were hard wearing, by the very nature a switch or button that clicks tends to experience a greater wear-per-press over one that doesn't and therefore will usually have a shorter life before failure. The buttons on the console remote have been tested by the manufacturer to over 500,000 cycles, they were one of the most expensive buttons I tested. I was very assertive in the pre-manufacturing process that there was to be no compromise on these buttons.

Specifically when designing console I made a number of prototypes where I varied the distance between the buttons to optimise the spacing for accurate presses and also deliberately varied the spacing on the console where one column of buttons is farther spaced than the other. This enables a muscle memory to develop where your brain will always know exactly where your thumb is at any time without the performer needing to look (just like the F and J keys on a qwerty keyboard).

I have been designing and building electronics for magicians for a long time and these are my "go-to" buttons for all of the above reasons. and my private clients have never questioned them. I will agree that there is a knack to pressing them correctly, but this is a strength in the design for many of the reasons I have stated above. Once you learn how to use the console it will become second nature and the presses will get you as close to 100% as possible. IT JUST TAKES SOME PRACTICE (that thing we used to do with a new card sleight or coin move).

One of the units I sold through my own website has just been returned for a refund because the buyer said it was "unreliable". I gladly processed the refund earlier, but I have fully tested the unit today and found it to be 100% reliable on both Android and iOS systems. So the only explanation I have left is that the buyer was not using the correct technique or had not spent enough time with the device (less than 48 hours from receiving it to requesting a refund). A perfectly valid and justified but more honest reason would have been "I just don't think I'll put the time in to learning how to do this properly". Imagine returning your Mnemonica book because it was "unreliable".
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
Mark doesn't have the magic Café, but here are his thoughts that he's asked to pass on...
...Imagine returning your Mnemonica book because it was "unreliable".

Spot on!
Hudson Lee
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Hudson Lee
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, Christopher Williams wrote:

The Console devices have been coated in a non conductive resin to protect them from wear, pocket lint, keys, coins and even moisture/sweat. I think unless it was a deliberate action or some considerable force, I think it would be difficult to break one

Oh, that’s good to hear! I feel then that calling it “exposed” is a misleading review.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, Hudson Lee wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, Christopher Williams wrote:

Oh, that’s good to hear! I feel then that calling it “exposed” is a misleading review.

I’ve got my device sooner than expected. So I’ll give it a thorough review in the next coming days. I’m feeling pretty excited about the device myself. I know I’ve said this a few times before on other products. But this thing does remind me of some James Bond tools.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Thanks to Will Jones who just updated the app and the issue with the extra 4 zeros in the Lotto Effect now is history!
Great! Thank you! Smile
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
I've got my device sooner than expected. So I'll give it a thorough review in the next coming days. I’m feeling pretty excited about the device myself. I know I’ve said this a few times before on other products. But this thing does remind me of some James Bond tools.

Well, I could not hold back anymore, so I just ordered the input gadget directly from Mark.
Sending it from UK to Sweden might not take that long, so I will also soon get back here with my opinion.
But a printer...? I think not... Smile Or...?
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
That’s great news for the android users. It’s going to get its money back for sure. Now, if only the iOS version could be as complete as the android version. I think there will be a lot of satisfied customers.

As for the device. You should be very excited. I’ve got a feeling that it will be a game changer my friend.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (265 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..35~36~37 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL