The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (256 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..34~35~36 [Next]
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2681 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2019, lunatik wrote:
A button is a button. I notice on these, they have what I describe as a rubber nub that is slightly wiggly. Iím not sure on the purpose of having that style, Promystic makes a nice remote that just works. Iím still tthink that mine is potentially bad, as in his demos it works quickly and flawlessly

I donít know why he chose this style either. And hopefully you get some help from Mark with your unit. As Iíve stated in previous comments, I enjoy mine.
I would be interested in hearing or seeing what Promystic has for a product and thatís similar. If you could either share a link or pm me the link I would greatly appreciate it.

They have a remote for IQ which works perfectly but itís for a queing system
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
890 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I also feel the console device should be improved on but mine works and reacts well.

But it needs much sturdier buttons and a housing!
A open PCB is not sufficient nor professional.

For this price it should have a 3D printed housing.
If someone will go this way, please tell me.
If you run a business, you can earn money by selling those to console owners.

Important if you are using console in the EU or somewhere outside of the US:
You need to switch your keyboard to US style. Otherwise some functions wonít work.
Even those that you can find in the app menu (delete from camera roll for example) or direct input functions like reset/delete.

The app should be more customizable:
Having a option to use more characters, options to customize predictions.
It would be great to insert own templates.

Lottery prediction is not usable in EU states as simply no templates exsist.
Ive send some to ellusionist today and pretty much looking forward if something happens.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
890 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
PS: a long press on button one (just a suggestion) should change between number and letter input.
To click through 6 letters first (last button) is unfavorable and distracting.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4445 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Personally I find the calculator as the best input method for the lottery effect, which is also the one effect which can be performed without the device
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7403 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, Christopher Williams wrote:
Personally I find the calculator as the best input method for the lottery effect, which is also the one effect which can be performed without the device

My thoughts exactly and I do not own the effect. Why would you struggle with the device when you have a far more efficient, and reliable method. Lol.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
890 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

My thoughts exactly and I do not own the effect. Why would you struggle with the device when you have a far more efficient, and reliable method. Lol.

You should get it to say things like this Pegasus.

The device is (beside a assistant) the only way to get your phone (and itís connection) out of the way.
You really donít want to input direct numbers for any reason.
In my opinion the calculator is the weakest input method here.
It is technically too exploiting and obvious, the effect itself is the weakest and too direct (especially if you use the chosen numbers).
I would never ever perform this effect as shown in the tutorial as it is a direct give away.
If you make a mistake you will even get comments on the photo paper used but thatís another thing to erase.

@Ellusionist please open a Facebook Group for this to allow owners to share their ideas.
This would be also a great place to get update recommendations and bug reports from users.
The communication with you is very silent. Mark Lemon in contrary is a very helpful guy.
As the app development is in your hands now we need communication and answers.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
890 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

The device is (beside a assistant) the only way to get your phone (and itís connection) out of the way.
It is technically too exploiting and obvious, the effect itself is the weakest and too direct (especially if you use the chosen numbers).
I would never ever perform this effect as shown in the tutorial as it is a direct give away.
If you make a mistake you will even get comments on the photo paper used but thatís another point to consider.

@Ellusionist please open a Facebook Group for this to allow owners to share their ideas.
This would be also a great place to get update recommendations and bug reports from users.
The communication with you is very silent. Mark Lemon in contrary is a very helpful guy.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1750 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:

please open a Facebook Group for this to allow owners to share their ideas.
[/quote]

There is already an official Console Facebook Group
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7403 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you make a mistake you will even get comments on the photo paper used but thatís another thing to erase.

I beg to differ as there are already plenty of users whom have used this as their input method, and to great effect.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
890 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Did you saw those performances in person? Did you talked to the spectators witnessing those?

Seriously, I will not argue with you and your opinion based on stranger experiences or unconfirmed reports.
I own console (the whole kit) and have (own) experience with app mentalism.
I donít care if you choose to ignore the obvious.

In the tutorial for the lottery prediction (the one you donít know about yet) it is even explained with the camera roll outcome (without showing a physical photo).
So it is even more direct and explainable. The laziest and easiest way is not always the best or most sufficient.
No offense meant but I donít understand people like you on the Cafť.
You keep talking about products (you possibly might never purchase or own) and obviously unfunded opinions.
I will stop here as I noticed you arguing with a lot of users in the past.
Have a nice day.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
890 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:

please open a Facebook Group for this to allow owners to share their ideas.

There is already an official Console Facebook Group

Thanks for the information. Didnít found it yet.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1433 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Can someone link me for the fb group?
Hudson Lee
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Hudson Lee
So did I miss it? Have they updated the iOS app yet?
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Loyal user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
213 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, reignofsound wrote:
Can someone link me for the fb group?

On page 5 in this forum, May 29, 2019,GeraintClarke wrote:
Console Ideas Facebook Group. Request an invite here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2321487544773847/
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, Hudson Lee wrote:
So did I miss it? Have they updated the iOS app yet?

Iím only aware of one update thatís been approved. And the other one thatís suppose to fix other issues is still in apples hands. And then there will be At least one more that will need to be approved.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7403 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
Did you saw those performances in person? Did you talked to the spectators witnessing those?

Seriously, I will not argue with you and your opinion based on stranger experiences or unconfirmed reports.

In the tutorial for the lottery prediction (the one you donít know about yet) it is even explained with the camera roll outcome (without showing a physical photo).
So it is even more direct and explainable. The laziest and easiest way is not always the best or most sufficient.
You keep talking about products (you possibly might never purchase or own) and obviously unfunded opinions.
Have a nice day.

Typical paranoid performer. Lol.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3819 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, Chanku wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
The only thing I would add is if you take this device out of itís hidden place and put it in the palm of your hand . Does every button you press work flawlessly every single time without compromise using a finger of your other hand ?
If the answers is yes you require more practice in the hidden position , if itís no the device is defective or poorly designed imho Gaz 🙂

The consistency has got nothing to do with the position of the device. It just doesnít work the way itís supposed to on a consistent basis.

I now have the device and it definitely doesnít function the same way as he demos in the instructions. Transitioning from one button to another doesnít always register when selecting a different letter. Lemon is able to seamlessly go from one group of letters to the next with zero issues. I cannot do the same.
As for practice, the only practice needed is remembering which button you need to push to get to the letter you want. It should not be pushing a button numerous times to get it to register that youíre pushing it. Sometimes Iíve had to push it 9 times to get it to realize that I was pushing it.

If I can get mine to work like his, this device will be amazing. I just got a bad one I think and will email him.

Push harder. Duh. Trolololol Smile

Also, just to clarify buttons and their pricing. Mechanical microswitches are more expensive than conductive rubber/silicone buttons. Period. Unless you are comparing a bottom of the barrel quality microswitch with a top of the line conductive rubber/silicone button, the microswitch is more expensive and more reliable whilst still operational (they can fail a little more than the conductive rubber/silicone buttons BUT prior to failure, they are more precise and accurate, there's NO mis-press with a microswitch since each button is it's own microswitch).

In fact, the conductive rubber/silicone buttons are more prone to being faulty and failure than the mechanical microswitch. If you get a quality microswitch, it will outlast that conductive rubber/silicone button. These are facts and is the reason why gaming peripherals like controllers have both gone up in price significantly AS WELL as adopted microswitches instead of the conductive rubber/silicone buttons. They've gone higher quality and the price as adjusted upwards along with the improved quality. Arcade buttons have mainly been using mechanical microswitches, they are some of the most highly abused buttons in existence yet have proven time and time again to be highly reliable and long lasting.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3819 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
To add to the above about failure rates of conductive rubber vs mechanical. When I said that microswitches might fail a little more than conductive and then also said that failure and fault of the conductive being worse, to clarify those to statements:

- when the microswitch fails, you're getting no misspresses, it simply will not function anymore as it can't close the circuit
- conductive rubber/silicone buttons failing does not necessarily mean it just stops working, it may work a little bit but unreliable

So, why would a microswitch cost more and be less prone to failure? By the nature of how it works. It is it's a self contained button. The button is then soldered to the board. The way it may fail is different to the way a conductive rubber/silicone button fails. A conductive rubber/silicone button works by having a conductive pad at the bottom of the rubber button. When you press this button it completes a circuit. The circuit is printed on the board and each button is printed as two circuits on the board. When you press down on the button the pad comes in contact with both circuits for the button and thus closing the circuit and thus registering a input. The problem is, depending on variance in tolerances and how the rubber button pad is designed, the thing is literally like a sheet of rubber. It may not be making the contact properly. It may be requiring you to press the button in a very specific way as a means for the producer to reduce accidental inputs when pressing down a button (typically you see this as you press down one button but it also registers a press from a directly adjacent button, because as you press this button down it may also be exerting pressure on a adjacent button, you see this with the directional pads on video game controllers that uses conductive silicone buttons, so sometimes pressing left registers up as well or down). They do this by reducing the size of the circuit printed on the board (the smaller the surface area, the less prone to accidental presses from adjacent button presses) but this sometimes will make the surface area so small that you have to hit the button dead on in a "sweet spot" for the button to register. Other things that may happen is if the board warps, this could affect the button press since the circuit is printed on the board itself. A microswitch does not exhibit these problems, since each button is it's own self contained mechanical microswitch. When a microswitch breaks, it's just going to stop working.

Now, is there a time and place for conductive rubber/silicone buttons? Yes, like the game controller example I gave above, for the directional pad, there is a need. Why? Because sometimes you need to input a diagonal which means you are hitting two directions at the same time to go in a diagonal (so like up + left to make the input diagonal up and to the left). However, in a on/off type scenario like say entering numbers or letters, there's absolutely no reason you would need to be depressing two buttons simultaneously.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
890 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
Quote:

Have a nice day.

Typical paranoid performer. Lol.

Nope, just someone who cares about what he is doing and how it will be perceived.
I mean you donít even own it.... 🤦‍♂️
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2681 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, Chanku wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
The only thing I would add is if you take this device out of itís hidden place and put it in the palm of your hand . Does every button you press work flawlessly every single time without compromise using a finger of your other hand ?
If the answers is yes you require more practice in the hidden position , if itís no the device is defective or poorly designed imho Gaz 🙂

The consistency has got nothing to do with the position of the device. It just doesnít work the way itís supposed to on a consistent basis.

I now have the device and it definitely doesnít function the same way as he demos in the instructions. Transitioning from one button to another doesnít always register when selecting a different letter. Lemon is able to seamlessly go from one group of letters to the next with zero issues. I cannot do the same.
As for practice, the only practice needed is remembering which button you need to push to get to the letter you want. It should not be pushing a button numerous times to get it to register that youíre pushing it. Sometimes Iíve had to push it 9 times to get it to realize that I was pushing it.

If I can get mine to work like his, this device will be amazing. I just got a bad one I think and will email him.

Push harder. Duh. Trolololol Smile

Also, just to clarify buttons and their pricing. Mechanical microswitches are more expensive than conductive rubber/silicone buttons. Period. Unless you are comparing a bottom of the barrel quality microswitch with a top of the line conductive rubber/silicone button, the microswitch is more expensive and more reliable whilst still operational (they can fail a little more than the conductive rubber/silicone buttons BUT prior to failure, they are more precise and accurate, there's NO mis-press with a microswitch since each button is it's own microswitch).

In fact, the conductive rubber/silicone buttons are more prone to being faulty and failure than the mechanical microswitch. If you get a quality microswitch, it will outlast that conductive rubber/silicone button. These are facts and is the reason why gaming peripherals like controllers have both gone up in price significantly AS WELL as adopted microswitches instead of the conductive rubber/silicone buttons. They've gone higher quality and the price as adjusted upwards along with the improved quality. Arcade buttons have mainly been using mechanical microswitches, they are some of the most highly abused buttons in existence yet have proven time and time again to be highly reliable and long lasting.

I was pushing enough that Salt n Peppa walked in the room and started singing lol
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (256 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..34~35~36 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL