The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (183 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30 [Next]
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2019, Hudson Lee wrote:
Not trying to stir trouble, but I cancelled my order, downloaded TAP, and have streamlined a routine with my Polaroid zip that gets the same kind of reactions that Iíve seen in the console trailer. If console works all itís bugs out, itíd obviously be smoother, especially for the cellphone reveals.

No could blame you either. As for TAP. 😳😳😳 MILES AND MILES AHEAD.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
After reading everyone's comments and seeing the ups and downs of fellow magi feelings about this device, seeing people doing an about face in terms of loving Console and then not getting any use of it due to changes outside their control... I am so glad I waited...

I am not against technology at all, but I truly think that if you use it, be very prepared to use an alternative or have an out for when it fails or go out of favor.

I think another valuable lesson I took from this that I already knew from learning the hard way over a decade ago with the Frozen Bird (one of my favorite shops): avoid the pre-sales hype. Geraint (Ellusionist), Titanus (Murphys), Acar (Penguin), and creators (e.g., Sankey) are doing their job in getting the conversations going. These gentlemen and others do their job well. I fully understand that they are dependent on magicians and mentalits buying products.

After spending thousands and thousands of dollars over the last 19 years in magic and growing in the art in terms of knowledge and experience, I have seen too many incidences where the hyperbole for a product is way beyond the reality for various reasons. Thank you to those members of the Cafť that help others cut through the noise to find clarity in what one is purchasing.

Good magic to all....
Juno-How
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Notice how ellusionist arenít approving any submitted reviews for console or folk would actually get a true measure of the product... and they say magic is deceptive....
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
549 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thanks for pointing that out. That's bizarre and as far as I'm concerned completely immoral. I completely lost trust in their way of doing business.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

I have mixed feelings about Ellusionist. I bought two Chess Guess units since there were a few comments here on the Cafť and Ellusionist sites about getting faulty units. Lo and behold, one of the two units had a faulty t*****r. I emailed and got an immediate refund within 30 minutes, no questions asked. I really like Chess Guess quite a bit and am glad to get it for $39. I also love Peter Turner's thinking.

That is the positive.
Now for the flip side. From a review perpective, Ellusionist offers nothing but the best products ever if I read nothing but their reviews. That is why we need to keep receiving unbiased reviews on the Cafť, WPR, from fellow Texan Magic Orthodoxy (David Kenney), Kaan, Jeff Stone (come back Jeff!), Ekat, and even Baby Magic Orthodoxy (The teenage magician that is just like David 30 years ago).

For their big release Isolated, there is no support for their US based customers. I cannot buy replacement stickers easily to sticker my other cubes or just buy Isolated cubes without emptying my bank account to pay really high fees and shipping from UK based Saturn Magic. I am willing and have supported Kieron's work, but when I called up Ellusionist..the lady (Jennifer may be her name)politely shrugged and gave me a "Oh well!" in everything but name.

Good magic to all...
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1595 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2019, The Mysterious One wrote:
I have mixed feelings about Ellusionist. I bought two Chess Guess units since there were a few comments here on the Cafť and Ellusionist sites about getting faulty units. Lo and behold, one of the two units had a faulty t*****r. I emailed and got an immediate refund within 30 minutes, no questions asked. I really like Chess Guess quite a bit and am glad to get it for $39. I also love Peter Turner's thinking.

That is the positive.
Now for the flip side. From a review perpective, Ellusionist offers nothing but the best products ever if I read nothing but their reviews. That is why we need to keep receiving unbiased reviews on the Cafť, WPR, from fellow Texan Magic Orthodoxy (David Kenney), Kaan, Jeff Stone (come back Jeff!), Ekat, and even Baby Magic Orthodoxy (The teenage magician that is just like David 30 years ago).

For their big release Isolated, there is no support for their US based customers. I cannot buy replacement stickers easily to sticker my other cubes or just buy Isolated cubes without emptying my bank account to pay really high fees and shipping from UK based Saturn Magic. I am willing and have supported Kieron's work, but when I called up Ellusionist..the lady (Jennifer may be her name)politely shrugged and gave me a "Oh well!" in everything but name.
M

Good magic to all...

Yes, Jeff Stone, please come back!
And Iím thinkin ďBaby OĒ needs to find his own style vs copying someone else.
hotjacket
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hotjacket
I'm not one to leave negative reviews here - in fact, this is my first EVER negative review - but this is absolute junk. Ellusionist should do a product recall - they would have made far more from me in the long term if they'd done so.

In fairness, if it HAD worked, it would have been hugely underpriced, as a lot of work / technology has gone into it. I'd far rather they charged 3x the money, but that it actually worked. (Then again, I REALLY wish it had been created by Pro**stic ... it might have been 5x the price, but would be rock-solid and something I could rely on for years to come).
hotjacket
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hotjacket
One more point - if there are any electronics wizards here who are crazy enough to work with surface mount electronics - and would replace the buttons with some that actually work - I'd be first in line as a customer!
Juno-How
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Promystic developing this.... now that would be something amazing! Such a shame as the concept is great, but itís just been wasted :-(
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

I would put money down (the litle I have after buying a lot of quality magic this year) that Craig F. would just killed it with Console (slang term for do an excellent job for those over the age of 90). I would say the same thing for Chess Guess in terms of having less faulty units and better battery life.

I don't own any Promystic products, but I have good friends that have their share. Great quality. I wanted Flux, but I have doubts that I could perform various routines openly with it due to being a person (magician) of color. I guess I could use the special something with Flux like I do a TT, which would be nonsensical at best.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2749 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
A note on Flux I use it sometimes casually with the gimmick but also out of the gimmick and just gaffer taped inside the cuff of my shirt sleeve .
It works flawlessly both ways , I also agree Promystic products are fantastic as is Craigís customer service Gaz 🙂
hotjacket
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hotjacket
I am so impressed with the *concept* that I am seriously looking at getting a version created/modified with working buttons. Hopefully they fix the iOS app - which should in theory be easier to address than a total product recall - and if not, I'll get my own app written. That's how much I like the idea!
hotjacket
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hotjacket
Ohh, I was just reminded of something, which could be a possible substitute for the gimmick. Look up Cesaral. It's pricier, and less hidden, but I have some of his other stuff which is rock solid.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 17, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
A note on Flux I use it sometimes casually with the gimmick but also out of the gimmick and just gaffer taped inside the cuff of my shirt sleeve .
It works flawlessly both ways , I also agree Promystic products are fantastic as is Craigís customer service Gaz 🙂

Not to hijack the thread, but that is a really good idea. I own SS 3.0, love it, and used the band from Ellusionist from my non-working Chess Guess unit. This would be a better soluton. Thanks Gaz!
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Iíve tried to reason with myself that this product can be adjusted on Eís side. But as the days and weeks pass, Iíve become convinced that there will be no such effort. For me, I will not ask for a refund as I said I would. But Instead, use this product as a reminder that my support for E was not treated the way I did them. ( benefit of the doubt ) I constantly messaged others expressing to them that it will get better. Heck, out of all the people I contacted, you would have thought I was working for Ellusionist.
To make the wound more self inflicted, I was contacted by a good friend ( I will not drop their name ) who knows that team very well. They told me that I should have asked them about it and they would have advised not to get it, and that they knew it wasnít ready first hand because they had a chance to test it out some time before itís release. I definitely should have asked. Itís a hard lesson learned.
But it also shows that customers are nowhere near as valued as theyíve been portrayed to be. Itís super unfortunate that I will no longer be a customer after my last purchase of the FU2 cards. ( only because I didnít want to print my own ) which also seems to carry some controversial aspects with that product as well. I donít know enough about the history of that product to go into details. But it does seem that itís a large problem amongst certain people. So much, that Geraint has decided to step away from Facebook after a controversial choice made by another person.

Anyways, this will hopefully be my last post on this product. Just know that itís not going to get any better, and from my understanding, they are not willing to go backwards to fix problems that need them to go backwards. I wish it were different. And I really feel bad for Mark most of all.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4063 Posts

Profile of videoman
Iím sorry but I have to disagree. I think you should definitely ask for a refund. I donít understand your rationale for not returning a defective product. Allowing a company to get away with selling defective merchandise is NOT doing the right thing IMO. Would you feel this same way if you had bought a defective music player from Amazon?

Demanding a refund carries 10 times more weight with most companies than simply stating youíll no longer be a customer. Otherwise they are more likely to just continue selling bad products and more people may end up losing their hard-earned money. Donít walk away defeated, you have rights.
mantel
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:

So much, that Geraint has decided to step away from Facebook after a controversial choice made by another person.

Only temporarily.

Quote:
On July 18, 2019, Geraint Clarke wrote:

Iím out. Taking a digital detox and coming off social media for a while. Iíd urge some of you to do the same.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2019, videoman wrote:
Iím sorry but I have to disagree. I think you should definitely ask for a refund. I donít understand your rationale for not returning a defective product. Allowing a company to get away with selling defective merchandise is NOT doing the right thing IMO. Would you feel this same way if you had bought a defective music player from Amazon?

Demanding a refund carries 10 times more weight with most companies than simply stating youíll no longer be a customer. Otherwise they are more likely to just continue selling bad products and more people may end up losing their hard-earned money. Donít walk away defeated, you have rights.

Youíre absolutely right. And maybe I will ask for a refund. To be honest, I didnít think about it like that.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
341 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
I got my refund. It took about two weeks but I got it from Ellusionist.

Keep us posted on how long it takes to get your refund.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
hotjacket
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hotjacket
I was advised by Ellusionist they've had "very few genuine defect returns. Less than 5".

Seems rather improbable, reading this forum.

I bought one, so has a friend of mine, both were defective. He's returned his, so that's "less than 4" other returns ...

I unfortunately I can't afford the time to stand in line at the post office, and fill out the paperwork necessarily to post back internationally. That's my rationale for not returning a defective product. So, I'll just say I spend a LOT of money on this magical obsession of mine, and Ellusionist shall be getting no more of it...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (183 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL