The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (183 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30 [Next]
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
341 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Actually returns are not as difficult as it sounds. When you buy Console your guaranteed to get a refund within 60 days of purchase ď No Questions AskedĒ

This is from their website

60 Day, Full Battery-To-Buttons Guarantee.

Console works like a gem. Order one from the small batch run nowÖwatch the stupidly good reactions you getÖif youíre not entirely happy, return it within 60 days and receive a full refund (minus shipping). No questions asked.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
hotjacket
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hotjacket
"Battery-To-Buttons Guarantee" - well, at least the battery worked! Smile
Kay99
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Kay99
Seems like E are slowly sinking deeper and deeper into the black hole with their bad releases... maybe Brad needs to higher some less none half wits and go back to customer quality not the dollar sign
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
Iíve tried to reason with myself that this product can be adjusted on Eís side. But as the days and weeks pass, Iíve become convinced that there will be no such effort. For me, I will not ask for a refund as I said I would. But Instead, use this product as a reminder that my support for E was not treated the way I did them. ( benefit of the doubt ) I constantly messaged others expressing to them that it will get better. Heck, out of all the people I contacted, you would have thought I was working for Ellusionist.
To make the wound more self inflicted, I was contacted by a good friend ( I will not drop their name ) who knows that team very well. They told me that I should have asked them about it and they would have advised not to get it, and that they knew it wasnít ready first hand because they had a chance to test it out some time before itís release. I definitely should have asked. Itís a hard lesson learned.
But it also shows that customers are nowhere near as valued as theyíve been portrayed to be. Itís super unfortunate that I will no longer be a customer after my last purchase of the FU2 cards. ( only because I didnít want to print my own ) which also seems to carry some controversial aspects with that product as well. I donít know enough about the history of that product to go into details. But it does seem that itís a large problem amongst certain people. So much, that Geraint has decided to step away from Facebook after a controversial choice made by another person.

Anyways, this will hopefully be my last post on this product. Just know that itís not going to get any better, and from my understanding, they are not willing to go backwards to fix problems that need them to go backwards. I wish it were different. And I really feel bad for Mark most of all.

Lonnie,

I agree wholeheartedly with my good friend videoman! Return that bad boy. You honestly do not owe Ellusionist anything; on the other hand, they owe you $150 dollars or the equivalent amount in quid, Aussie dollars, yen, looneis, or wherever the currency is that you live.

By the way, Ellusionist is now placing negative/ critical reviews of the product on their site. Lonnie gave it 4 stars as of June 2019 (might want to submit a newer rating so others will know Lonnie) and a few others. I noticed three critical reviews posted to Ellusionist starting in the June 2019 timeframe. Maybe Ellusionist is listening to their customers (or former customers in some cases) by looking at these posts. Someone needs to send them a heartfelt message in terms of changing how they do things. I know Penguin listened all of those years ago, took the criticism (including constructive criticism), and took it to the next level in terms of being ethical, offering new products, taking down products with controversial crediting and those that are knockoffs, and provided excellent customer service. Penguin isn't perfect (some of their trailers have cutaways at convenient moments), but they always have all reviews (the good, bad, and the ugly). Only comments exposing the workings of the effect not in the ad copy are taken down, which I wholeheartedly agree with. They have some of the best of the best offering lectures, instant downloads, and effects on their site, including beloved performers that are /were regulars here on the Cafť (e.g., Jan Forster, Tom Stone, the great Bob Cassidy [RIP], and a number of others).

Hopefully Ellusionist can learn for these experiences and not alienate too many customers while changing the way they do things. If they want to continue selling to the hipster magician or teenage kids, go for it. If you want to sell higher price items (e.g., Isolated) to the serious hobbyist or professional, then support the flipping product (for Isolated, offer replacement cubes, replacement jars, stickers, and m*****s). If you want to sell electronics, then make sure it works and is high quality and useable. I don't keep too close of tabs on ol' E, but I can count two electronic releases it has produced that have serious flaws (Console and Chess Guess from the comments I have seen on the Cafť). The only reason I bought two of Chess Guess was just in case one didn't work, and I was right. That is what happened. Based on what Lonnie said about knowing someone that knows E intentionally released a product not ready for showtime (release), one should be VERY leery in buying anything from E related to technology in the future.
mantel
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2019, hotjacket wrote:
I was advised by Ellusionist they've had "very few genuine defect returns. Less than 5".

Seems rather improbable, reading this forum.

I bought one, so has a friend of mine, both were defective. He's returned his, so that's "less than 4" other returns ...

Iím glad you don't believe them. Also I would be surprised if they let the average review go below four stars.

hotjacket
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hotjacket
If something seems to good to be true ... it probably is. Looking at the revenue they are getting (asking price x units sold), there just doesn't seem to be enough to properly develop.

I never got Guess Chess - but constructed something similar using LabCo products, where I can tell not only the color, but what specific chess piece has been selected.

Expensive, but rock solid: it has never failed. Nor would I want it to!
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Last three comments From E's site as of a few minutes ago as proof they are showing negative reviews (we just don't know if they are not posting other negative reviews about this product beyond the three below). It is an incredible coincidence that negative reviews starting showing up after magicians/mentalists mentioning no negative reviews on this thread. I am incredulous that this took place by chance.

Note: When I copied and paste the comments, the stars converted to percentages

Additional Note: Lonnie, if/when you see this, please don't think I am pressuring you to change your review. If you still feel this way, then leave it. You have a right to feel how you feel about this product. If you want to let sleeping dogs lie, that is your choice. Conversely, you might want to guide others so they don't feel the frustration and disappointment that you now feel about this product. Wishing you the best in terms of getting a refund from E and reinvesting that money into a book, DVD, or effect that knocks the socks off your spectators.

https://www.ellusionist.com/console-by-mark-lemon.html

Lastest Reviews

by Steve P

Jul 2019

I love the concept of console, but unfortunately there are too many teething issues for this to be a happy purchase. The iOS app is pretty unreliable and I wouldn't feel confident using this on a real audience. shamereally.
60%
by Ben

Jun 2019

Nice idea, good app but unfortunately no Ä currency design for the lottery prediction. What a pity for customers from europe

80%
by Lonnie L.

Jun 2019

Thereís not a bunch of things I can say that hasnít already been said. However, there is one con. And it is extremely frustrating to deal with. Especially for those of us that had to wait until our device ships to us. The app for iOS seems to be very buggy. And thatís important to have fixed for performances. Itís not 100% reliable at this time imo. Even after the update ( June 11 2019 ) there are still some things that NEED to be fixed.
Iíve already expressed my concerns in the Facebook group over these issues. And E.ís app guy ( Will Jones ) is putting in overtime to make sure that these issues get addressed and properly straightened out. As frustrating as I am as a consumer, I can only imagine the type of frustration Will is experiencing with the bugs that heís trying to eliminate. Heís put in so much time to make it is what it is today.
BUT......
If you notice, I gave this 5 stars. Even after being super frustrated with the app as it stands now. I fully understand the possibilities that this has as a whole product. I am absolutely excited for this in every way. Even with my non-working app. Iíve seen this in action. And know that this will be one of the most powerful effects you can purchase right now. Iím 100% confident that my issues with the app will be fixed. Which is also why I gave this 5 stars. Console deserves a ton of credit for being as versatile as it is. There is no false advertising. There is no misleading. This is as straight forward as you can get.
Thereís a review here that goes over quite a bit of things that cover all the positive things that you can do with console. And I didnít want my review to copy that great review. I wanted mine to show that even though Iím not able to fully trust the app at this time, I still KNOW that I have possibly the most hard hitting power house of an effect, there is. And I will continue to promote this and support E. with console. IT IS ABSOLUTELY WORTH THE PRICE . Tap the purchase button. Because you will have yourself the potential to start a new religion with this. And thatís scary good.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 23, 2019, hotjacket wrote:
If something seems to good to be true ... it probably is. Looking at the revenue they are getting (asking price x units sold), there just doesn't seem to be enough to properly develop.

I never got Guess Chess - but constructed something similar using LabCo products, where I can tell not only the color, but what specific chess piece has been selected.

Expensive, but rock solid: it has never failed. Nor would I want it to!

That sounds awesome hotjacket. And if it is Labco, I am sure it is rock solid.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
2773 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have done the same using Cesars chips he uses in his cards etc but sells them spare . You can then plant them in anything , therefore you know immediately what object has been taken so in turn you must also know the colour Gaz 🙂
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4442 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I think I may have to return mine. I have 4 days to go within my 60 days. I can't say I haven't tried to get this down and make it work. I still love the concept, but nearly 2 months later and I still have zero confidence in the devices ability to work 100% of the time and not make me look like a Smile . Should E ever release a better device then I would certainly get it again, but it just isn't worth it imo
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2019, The Mysterious One wrote:
Last three comments From E's site as of a few minutes ago as proof they are showing negative reviews (we just don't know if they are not posting other negative reviews about this product beyond the three below). It is an incredible coincidence that negative reviews starting showing up after magicians/mentalists mentioning no negative reviews on this thread. I am incredulous that this took place by chance.

Note: When I copied and paste the comments, the stars converted to percentages

Additional Note: Lonnie, if/when you see this, please don't think I am pressuring you to change your review. If you still feel this way, then leave it. You have a right to feel how you feel about this product. If you want to let sleeping dogs lie, that is your choice. Conversely, you might want to guide others so they don't feel the frustration and disappointment that you now feel about this product. Wishing you the best in terms of getting a refund from E and reinvesting that money into a book, DVD, or effect that knocks the socks off your spectators.

https://www.ellusionist.com/console-by-mark-lemon.html

Lastest Reviews

by Steve P

Jul 2019

I love the concept of console, but unfortunately there are too many teething issues for this to be a happy purchase. The iOS app is pretty unreliable and I wouldn't feel confident using this on a real audience. shamereally.
60%
by Ben

Jun 2019

Nice idea, good app but unfortunately no Ä currency design for the lottery prediction. What a pity for customers from europe

80%
by Lonnie L.

Jun 2019

Thereís not a bunch of things I can say that hasnít already been said. However, there is one con. And it is extremely frustrating to deal with. Especially for those of us that had to wait until our device ships to us. The app for iOS seems to be very buggy. And thatís important to have fixed for performances. Itís not 100% reliable at this time imo. Even after the update ( June 11 2019 ) there are still some things that NEED to be fixed.
Iíve already expressed my concerns in the Facebook group over these issues. And E.ís app guy ( Will Jones ) is putting in overtime to make sure that these issues get addressed and properly straightened out. As frustrating as I am as a consumer, I can only imagine the type of frustration Will is experiencing with the bugs that heís trying to eliminate. Heís put in so much time to make it is what it is today.
BUT......
If you notice, I gave this 5 stars. Even after being super frustrated with the app as it stands now. I fully understand the possibilities that this has as a whole product. I am absolutely excited for this in every way. Even with my non-working app. Iíve seen this in action. And know that this will be one of the most powerful effects you can purchase right now. Iím 100% confident that my issues with the app will be fixed. Which is also why I gave this 5 stars. Console deserves a ton of credit for being as versatile as it is. There is no false advertising. There is no misleading. This is as straight forward as you can get.
Thereís a review here that goes over quite a bit of things that cover all the positive things that you can do with console. And I didnít want my review to copy that great review. I wanted mine to show that even though Iím not able to fully trust the app at this time, I still KNOW that I have possibly the most hard hitting power house of an effect, there is. And I will continue to promote this and support E. with console. IT IS ABSOLUTELY WORTH THE PRICE . Tap the purchase button. Because you will have yourself the potential to start a new religion with this. And thatís scary good.

Not at all my friend. You and Videoman are correct. Itís not fair to others to not know the full story. And how things have been addressed. Iím also going to edit my review on their site ( if they allow it to be posted ) because it was definitely a premature review on my behalf. Iíve had time to think this through. It would be a very big disservice to others as well as myself. Great concept. Just not ready for the market quite yet.

And itís my opinion that coincidences donít happen with reviews. I think youíre spot on.
hotjacket
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hotjacket
Well, if the staff at E read this thread - and at the risk of getting flamed here - please, spend all the time and money you need to, to ensure your products are rock solid. If it all that R&D needs to be reflected in a higher retail price, so be it. If it was $299 and worked flawlessly, I'd still consider it a total bargain. Consider the pricing and reliability of Pro**stic, Cesar**, Tay**r, Lab**, etc. For me, it's not about price, but about value. An expensive product that is rock-solid-reliable and blows people away is something I'd consider good value. But a $99 product that does not work, is poor value.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4442 Posts

Iíve put in for a refund which has been accepted and am sending it back tomorrow. Such a shame as I do agree if the device was better it would be worth double
www.magicman13.co.uk

The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Probably a good move Chris. If you hear that inner voice questioning a purchase due to the hype being greater than the actual effect, run quickly to the magic store to get a refund.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4442 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 24, 2019, The Mysterious One wrote:
Probably a good move Chris. If you hear that inner voice questioning a purchase due to the hype being greater than the actual effect, run quickly to the magic store to get a refund.

It's not the hype being greater than the effect. I also have no issues with the app personally. It is just the device. For me personally, it does not work 100% of the time. I have practiced and practiced and just cannot get it to a point where I am comfortable. If it was sleight of hand or complicated moves and procedures I would understand... but it is pushing buttons, not really the hardest task in the world. Should a new device ever come out I will certainly look at getting it again
www.magicman13.co.uk

Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1335 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
From the makers of "change" aka one of those cards that changes colour that we got in cereal box in the 80s, comes another piece of unusable rubbish from an unapologetic Elusionist. Sad as they do actually release some really good stuff too. I just wish they had a bit more of a filter / better quality control
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Iíve also asked for a refund. Still waiting to see if itíll be approved. Iíve also modified my review, so thatís a 50/50 chance itíll be approved. My lesson from this has actually come from the members here. Valuable information coming from life long performers/hobbyists goes some distance. So I appreciate all the comments that have helped me gain a better understanding of this situation.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2668 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Hey fellas, I had Mark send me a replacement unit and I have put it through itís paces for the past 3 weeks.......this one works perfectly! Iíve had zero problems using it and everything that Iíve thrown at it has worked great! I am now fully satisfied with my purchase and am now waiting for news that the apple app is working perfectly.

Thank you Mark for the emails and personal, itís greatly appreciated!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2668 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Has anyone else swapped theirs out? Might be worth a shot
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1598 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I still have not received mine, sadly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (183 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL