The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (256 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..18..22..26..30..34~35~36 [Next]
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1432 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Anyone comment on the lottery effect?
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2019, Johnsypoppins wrote:
Do any of you think the device is worth it purely for the effects on the participants phone?

Have TAP and love it, and so am more interested in what the device can do other than on your own phone.

Console only works on magician’s phone. But that’s not a bad thing. It’s not that kind of a trick that needs to work on spectators phone. Console only works on a phone that has console app on it. I know some apps like inject 2.0 can effect the spectators phone but that requires you to be connected to the internet and the magician must secretly control the spectators phone to a certain controllable doppelgänger website.
One big advantage of Console is none of the tricks it can do requires internet access. Every Console trick only uses Bluetooth. So if you were performing in an area that had no internet reception you can still do every trick that Console offers. I think that’s a big PLUS for Console.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Veteran user
378 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, funnyclown wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2019, Johnsypoppins wrote:
Do any of you think the device is worth it purely for the effects on the participants phone?

Have TAP and love it, and so am more interested in what the device can do other than on your own phone.

Console only works on magician’s phone. But that’s not a bad thing. It’s not that kind of a trick that needs to work on spectators phone. Console only works on a phone that has console app on it. I know some apps like inject 2.0 can effect the spectators phone but that requires you to be connected to the internet and the magician must secretly control the spectators phone to a certain controllable doppelgänger website.
One big advantage of Console is none of the tricks it can do requires internet access. Every Console trick only uses Bluetooth. So if you were performing in an area that had no internet reception you can still do every trick that Console offers. I think that’s a big PLUS for Console.

I'd like to disagree respectfully and say that some effects can be done with the spectators phone.

It works like this

You take their phone to enter in a prediction in their maps/notepad/web browser.

Actually you're secretly pairing console to their phone via bluetooth. Boom.

Then their phone gets placed face down as you get them to think of a word/animal/city/celebrity - whatever. (they think you've just typed your prediction before this)

You're a bloody sneaky little magician and you use console to input what they just said ... they have no idea you're doing this.

Then you press enter on the device and the maps app puts in a pin in the town/city they named, or their phone is turned over to reveal what you predicted in their notepad / google(or safari) browser.

Obviously we believe the console app tricks are more powerful than these mentioned, but it's all personal preference.

Hope that helps,

- G
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
That is true. You can pair your console secret gimmick device to control the spectators phone. I was referring to the console app only being able to control the magicians phone. But it’s true those thing can be done discreetly and magically with the clever Console device.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote
I'd like to disagree respectfully and say that some effects can be done with the spectators phone.

It works like this

You take their phone to enter in a prediction in their maps/notepad/web browser.

Actually you're secretly pairing console to their phone via bluetooth. Boom.

Then their phone gets placed face down as you get them to think of a word/animal/city/celebrity - whatever. (they think you've just typed your prediction before this)

You're a bloody sneaky little magician and you use console to input what they just said ... they have no idea you're doing this.

Then you press enter on the device and the maps app puts in a pin in the town/city they named, or their phone is turned over to reveal what you predicted in their notepad / google(or safari) browser.

Obviously we believe the console app tricks are more powerful than these mentioned, but it's all personal preference.

Hope that helps,

- G

Cheers mate, that’s more the kind of info I was wanting to hear, very tempting.

I have no interest in the effects for your own phone as TAP can do all that plus lots more (the console app still sounds brilliant, just no need for it personally)... but being able to easily predict something in google/maps/notes remotely sounds fantastic (I know other apps can do similar, but the controller really ups it for me).

So when using it the way I want to, are you free of the 4 letter/number constraint?

Cheers.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Yes, when using the console device in notes, maps, google there are no limitations to numbers and letters. It really is an amazing gadget. All the while it’s completely invisible to the spectators and easy to use with practice.
I personally think when you fully experience the console app with the optional printer you may change your mind in your lack of interest in only an app that only effects the magicians phone. The amazing part is if you use it with the printer the phone never needs to enter play. It’s just a pure miracle.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7381 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is there any confirmation to ensure the correct letters / numbers have been inputted?
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1550 Posts

Profile of 252life
I still haven’t heard back about the app code.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
When using it without a hidden assistant and only being used by the magician, you do receive a vibration from your phone confirming each input. I wouldn’t recommend it for a long letter but a short message or any size word or short series of numbers and the appropriate amount of practice I think you can be confident. If at anytime you are in doubt you can using the device delete the last letter or even start over without any effort. I suppose if you were using the optional printer for your revelation and you are not planning to have phone enter play, you could have your phone hidden from view from your audience and set your phone under your table and visually confirm your input then send it to printer. But I’ve been practicing with it and I’m currently at about 80-90% accurate and I’ve only been practicing for a few hours here and there over the past few days. I believe with practice you can be 100% accurate without the visual aid of your phone.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Now after using the new update I will confidently say “The Console app along with the very cleverly engineered and programmed hidden device can absolutely be considered the “TT” standard must have item for mentalists in the digital age”
It’s that good!

Mic drop ...
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1567 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
This does look incredibly good...o don't have the funds for it at the moment though ☹️

However, if anyone is feeling kind, drop me $150 on https://www.paypal.me/bilalabidi

Thanks
(It's worth a try)

Lol
Sleepy
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Veteran user
378 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, 252life wrote:

Sorry 252Life.

We've released a new update with some bug fixes, so needed to generate more codes. Shouldn't be much longer, but when you do get it, at least they'll be no bugs (that we know of) Smile

- G
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Veteran user
378 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, funnyclown wrote:
Now after using the new update I will confidently say “The Console app along with the very cleverly engineered and programmed hidden device can absolutely be considered the “TT” standard must have item for mentalists in the digital age”
It’s that good!

Mic drop ...

Feel free to leave a review on the product page for us. BOOM! Glad you're loving it mate.

- G
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1550 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, 252life wrote:

Sorry 252Life.

We've released a new update with some bug fixes, so needed to generate more codes. Shouldn't be much longer, but when you do get it, at least they'll be no bugs (that we know of) Smile

- G

Thanks for that, and no problem at all. Was just worried about missing the window. Very happy to start off with the updated version.
I really like the feel/etc of the unit. Has that satisfying sneaky swami feel to it already Smile

-Theodore Annemann
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
760 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Watched the trailer of the chosen word. Oh my, that was one heck of a long, boring, badly scripted story about that grandma. I lost the will to live a couple of times there. ("Yeah but one girl had tears in her eyes!" Please listen, my friend. If you have any social experience you know girls that age that had a drink can be moved by any crap story. Ask Hugh Grant.)
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7381 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Watched the trailer of the chosen word. Oh my, that was one heck of a long, boring, badly scripted story about that grandma. I lost the will to live a couple of times there. ("Yeah but one girl had tears in her eyes!" Please listen, my friend. If you have any social experience you know girls that age that had a drink can be moved by any crap story. Ask Hugh Grant.)

The only reason she had tears in her eyes was because she couldn’t think of a 4 letter word. Or bored to tears.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3590 Posts

Profile of emyers99
No one is going to accuse Mark of being an energetic performer. So all the performances have a sleeper quality to them. That said, the ideas behind the effects are solid.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2680 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Exactly. You can take ANY EFFECT and make it boring. Seems like a lot of unnecessary negativity,, not sure why. This may turn out to be the best of 2019 or it could be the worst of the worst. I’d say people need to wait for multiple reviews before taking the Negative Nancy position.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1550 Posts

Profile of 252life
Agreed

-Theodore Annemann
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
One of the great mysteries of magic is we can see these effects at a convention demonstrated and yet they turn around and put out a trailer that is nothing short of junk. IMO, this is why we have so many negatives before we ever get to any possible positives. Just saying.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (256 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..18..22..26..30..34~35~36 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL