The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (265 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..35~36~37 [Next]
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Apple has to approve updates for iOS apps. That's out of our hands, and can be frustratingly slow to happen. Will has been pushing updates as quickly as he solves the problems, but we can't do anything to make Apple stop dragging their feet.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Android just gets copied and hacked so iOS will always have more security and better apps an updates long term imho . It’s always been the same and you can see why with so many different Android styles and pirating being so rife why most creators stick with iOS in the long game .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Android just gets copied and hacked so iOS will always have more security and better apps an updates long term imho . It’s always been the same and you can see why with so many different Android styles and pirating being so rife why most creators stick with iOS in the long game .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂

And this is exactly why I’m an Apple user. Better security imo.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Android. The Betamax of Cell Phone Operating systems.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Me too ( surprise I know ) , but I would never have an Android phone and even more so as a magician Gaz 🙂
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Here is my review for the Device for Console. I will also be making a few comments on the iOS version of the app. ( which may not sit well with a few people )

I’ll begin by saying that I am 100% satisfied with the console device itself. And I believe it to be one of the greatest purchases I have ever made when it comes to magic.
I was definitely a little worried after reading some of the other members concerns. So I immediately wanted to test it out. Before I revived my device I spent a good amount of time practicing and memorizing the orientation of each button. I felt that if I was going to use it, I might as well become as familiar with it as I possibly could. ( somewhere around 10-15 hours of practice time )
When I received the device, it looked exactly Like others explained. I immediately jump into action with the app and tested it out. MAN.......It is impressive. Almost as exciting as when I first watched the demo video. The device allows you to have access to all the effects in the app. ( but I figured out a way to use all the effects without the device while I was waiting for my unit to be shipped to me)
I tested each effect out using the device just to make sure that they worked as advertised. ( I’ll come back to this specific area later. Not good for iOS users 😩 )
After playing with each routine I decided to after the more complicated things that the device can be used for. Such as pairing it with spectators phones.
This variation of the device is by far my favorite. It is extremely versatile, and I’ve had NO issues pairing with any phone I’ve tried to pair it to.
The one concern that I had about the pairing was the length of time it would take to pair to someone else’s phone. It was something I wanted to test out immediately. What I’ve been able to conclude, is that it takes almost no time at all to pair. It’s sooooo fast. FLASH like fast. So that was absolutely a bonus for me.

The tutorial does not cover any effects or routines that have you using someone else’s phone. I was a little disappointed. But feel that I’m creative enough to come up with my own ideas. Technically, this is the real reason I bought the device for. However, it is mentioned in the tutorial that you can do effects involving a spectators phone but never goes into details of how or what to do. Being that I became familiar with the way the device worked before I got it, I had already been working on a routine that is definitely outside of the box thinking. And after performing it twice, realized that I have a keeper on my hands. ( I’m probably going to be selfish and not share this idea. Sorry guys, too me, it’s that good )
I think when Mark creates this tool he knew that he had something special. Which is why he shared it with ellusionist. As for the buttons having this rubber coating. I can see where some may have difficulties with the two buttons closest to the unit. But practice, Practice, Practice. I struggled in the beginning with certain letters and numbers when it comes to the two buttons I’ve been referring too. After a while I figured out how to be more accurate with them. Now I’m able to get to what I need them to get to. No problems.
The heat shrink wrap around the unit covers a little over half of it. I find this to be easier for me to use the device with it on the unit. Again, no problems for me. As for the other side that’s not covered. At first I was nervous. It have the feeling that a hook c*in gives you. So I thought it was going to snag everything that it came into contact with. Such as the inside of my pockets. Or the inside of my hoodie pockets. And also my skin. But after handling the device for a few hours I managed to get around any of those potential issues. And I no longer experience the snagging.

Mark has some pretty good customer care service. He’s responded to everything I emailed him about. And we are currently in the works for reprogramming my unit to fit my specific needs. Which is such a blessing to be able to have those type of options.
So when it comes to the console device itself, I have “0” complaints about it. And I believe Mark has and will go above and beyond for his customers to be satisfied.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same thing when It comes to the way the app has been handled. Which has absolutely nothing to do with Mark Lemon.

Now comes the bad news from my experiences with the app and the way customer support has handled the issues I’ve stated in my previous review and my current/new problems that were discovered.
Sadly enough, I’m going to have to take back what I’ve said about the app in my review on that product. So I apologize to those that have read my review. And I also apologize to Ellusionist because I know that somethings are out of their hands when it comes to certain areas of the app. But I want to be as honest and transparent as possible. I feel I would be doing our community a very big disservice if I were to hide these days hinge from customers.

From what I can see, the Android version is very successful. Makes me jealous at times.
But the iOS version is heartbreaking. It has so much potential. It’s almost like it’s going backwards at times. In my previous review for the app I discussed some problems that needed to be addressed. Some things were. And then some things weren’t. So after I revived my device, I played around with the app using the device. Everything seemed to work perfectly. Which made feel excited about the product. I decided to perform the lotto effect using the device. To actual strangers. Not family or friends. This is the ultimate test imo. What I didn’t know about the app being used with the device, was that it wouldn’t work. At all.

So during my performance I went thought the routine ( which I’ve spent hours on rehearsing ) only to find out that the picture wasn’t in my camera roll. Of course, I was rather embarrassed that it didn’t turn out the way I was hoping. Thankfully I’m the type of performer that likes to have an out for just about everything I do. Which allowed me to cover the mishap that just took place. After my gig was over I went home to see if It was me that had made the mistake. That’s when I discovered that there was an even bigger issue the product. I was able to replicate the problem, every time. Showing that it wasn’t myself or my performance skills. This made me furious. So I posted a video and a lengthy comment expressing my concerns with the product. Not only has no one with E. bothered to comment, but no one has even attempted to contact me to apologize for a malfunction with their product. ( I know, I shouldn’t expect an apology from anyone. But if that was my product, I would make sure that I contacted the person to let them know that I’m at the least trying to figure the issue out )

The issue with the iOS version when combined with the device is a MUST fix. Without it being fixed, I don’t see how anyone can use them together. The fake black screen will automatically disappear, leaving you at your home screen. All on its own. And even the fake black screen itself has issues. There’s this rather large white line at the bottom of it. Meaning that if you leave your phone in play, someone will without a doubt see it. Exposing that there’s something fishy going on. I can literally continue on and on about other issues that are currently unattended to. Such as the time/clock in the options menu.
I am not happy with the way that my situation has been delt with at all. And since my concerns seem to be unimportant, I will be asking for a refund for the app. And I would also go as far as to recommend to anyone who has the iOS version plus the device, to request a refund as well. It makes absolutely no sense to pay for a product that you can’t use at all.

What I’m getting out of each update is that after fixing one problem, it’s creating another .

Again, this is solely for the iOS users who also have the console device. And if for some reason, anyone would like to see proof about these problems. I’d also recommend going to console Facebook page. Where you can see for yourself that there are in fact these issues.

It is a real shame that it turned out to be this way. This product has so much potential, it’s crazy. And now, it’s become very obvious that there was very little testing done with the app. It was released way too soon. I’m guessing about 9 months too soon.

Well, after all this writing I’ve done on this product, I can say that I cannot recommend the console app at this time. But I will say this. As for the device itself, one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. And plan on using it in ways that no one has thought of. At least that I’ve heard about.

Console app Android version 9-10

Console app iOS version 6--10

Console app IOS version + Console Device 0-10

Console Device 10-10

Thanks for reading. And I hope this helps anyone interested in the product on making a better decision on purchasing it.

I am sorry that I was unable to give this the highest rating Ellusionist. Because that’s what I wanted to do. 😔
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2019, Lonnie_Lyerla wrote:
Here is my review for the Device for Console.----
----I am sorry that I was unable to give this the highest rating Ellusionist. Because that’s what I wanted to do. 😔

Thanks Lonnie!
Sorry to hear of your, or should I say Ellusionist's problems as well!

I ordered the Console Remote device directly from Mark the other day so I will come back here and report when it arrives.

Well, I am an Android user so hopeful there are lesser problems coming up.
So far, just using the phone's keyboard and testing the settings, I have no complains. The Lotto Selfie works perfect when using the calculator force method, all numbers, dates on the camera roll/gallery and placing of the pictures etc. are perfect.

But I am using Android, and even if two members had quite harsh comments on this system, sorry guys, this great app WORKS in this "Betamax of Cell Phone Operating System"! Smile

Sorry, couldn't resist, don't get mad, just an old guy kidding.

But, who knows, I might be sorry too.. Smile
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2019, Thomas Walter wrote:
Quote:
Here is my review for the Device for Console.----
----I am sorry that I was unable to give this the highest rating Ellusionist. Because that’s what I wanted to do. 😔

Thanks Lonnie!
Sorry to hear of your, or should I say Ellusionist's problems as well!

I ordered the Console Remote device directly from Mark the other day so I will come back here and report when it arrives.

Well, I am an Android user so hopeful there are lesser problems coming up.
So far, just using the phone's keyboard and testing the settings, I have no complains. The Lotto Selfie works perfect when using the calculator force method, all numbers, dates on the camera roll/gallery and placing of the pictures etc. are perfect.

But I am using Android, and even if two members had quite harsh comments on this system, sorry guys, this great app WORKS in this "Betamax of Cell Phone Operating System"! Smile

Sorry, couldn't resist, don't get mad, just an old guy kidding.

But, who knows, I might be sorry too.. Smile

That’s great news to be honest. I believe this is the result that Geraint and E. were shooting for. It does suck that I can’t use it. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want others to be able too. When you do get your Device, please let me know if you have success with the lotto effect. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that you don’t have any issues.

I like your humor lol
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I thought the lotto effect was to be used in conjunction with the fake calc app as the input method?
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2019, pegasus wrote:
I thought the lotto effect was to be used in conjunction with the fake calc app as the input method?

It is. But when you use the device with the lotto effect, that option isn't available
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I assumed the lottery effect was a bonus effect on the app for those who couldn’t afford, or didn’t want to use the console device. That was my understanding. Have you tried using the calc input method?
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
The lottery effect is the only effect that can be performed if you only purchase the app and not the device. The other four effects are the bonus when you buy the device. The calculator method works from what I can see. The iOS version needs some maintenance imo. If you can get past the date June 14 2017 on the American version, then using the calculator method will do the job. And you’ll still get great reactions.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
IIRC the console device is for inputting 4 figures only, so therefore would not be used for the lottery effect?
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
It’s suppose to be used with the lottery effect. Actually all the effects. But for some reason when using the device for the lottery effect, the image does not show up in the camera roll. It looks like it boots the user from the app. Of course, this is for the iOS users. I have no idea how well it works for the android users.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
You can use all 5 effects in the Console APP without the Console Remote if you have a secret assistant using your phone's keyboard. But you need a printer and get hold of the pictures from your pocket or elsewere secretly.

And it is the app that limits you to use only four letters or digits in some effects. The remote can send as many letters or digits as you like. It is just a mini Bluetooth remote keyboard. You can for inst. send anything, long or short to your phones "Note Pad". Even to a Google search box etc. etc
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2019, Thomas Walter wrote:
You can use all 5 effects in the Console APP without the Console Remote if you have a secret assistant using your phone's keyboard. But you need a printer and get hold of the pictures from your pocket or elsewere secretly.

And it is the app that limits you to use only four letters or digits in some effects. The remote can send as many letters or digits as you like. It is just a mini Bluetooth remote keyboard. You can for inst. send anything, long or short to your phones "Note Pad". Even to a Google search box etc. etc

There’s also another way to use all 5 effects without an assistant or device.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
There's also another way to use all 5 effects without an assistant or device.

Is there an option in the IOS settings saying something like: "Use (the phone's) keyboard"?
This option exist in the Android version.

(Unfortunately there is no sound in the instruction video during the explanation of this regarding the Lotto effect. But if you look carefully what Mark is doing, you get the idea though.)

So, if you use this keyboard input method you could, with a little boldness pretend to search for your "lost" photo, while you really type in the word/numbers, and during this actions, you say something like:
- Hm! Where is that photo!? Ah, here! No, strange! Ah, here it is! Look! Same word! Same time on my alarm clock!"
Tadaa!

Not a great way to do it, but it works!

Something like that, Lonnie? Smile
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Regarding the sound - redownload it. We fixed that.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2019, WitchDocChris wrote:
Regarding the sound - redownload it. We fixed that.

Used the Android version. Global settings - Instructions - 3 Lottery Selfie Routine 09:34
Still no sound 4:41 - 6:01.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2019, Thomas Walter wrote:
Quote:
There's also another way to use all 5 effects without an assistant or device.

Is there an option in the IOS settings saying something like: "Use (the phone's) keyboard"?
This option exist in the Android version.

(Unfortunately there is no sound in the instruction video during the explanation of this regarding the Lotto effect. But if you look carefully what Mark is doing, you get the idea though.)

So, if you use this keyboard input method you could, with a little boldness pretend to search for your "lost" photo, while you really type in the word/numbers, and during this actions, you say something like:
- Hm! Where is that photo!? Ah, here! No, strange! Ah, here it is! Look! Same word! Same time on my alarm clock!"
Tadaa!

Not a great way to do it, but it works!

Something like that, Lonnie? Smile

Thanks for the idea. I have come to this conclusion myself. I won’t discuss the other way to use all the effects on this thread but I can in a pm. It’s been some time and I still haven’t revived a notice or response to the issue I had. It may be best for me to just get a refund and see if this changes in the future. Thank you for the response.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (265 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..35~36~37 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL