The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (257 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32..34~35~36 [Next]
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3883 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, lunatik wrote:
Hey fellas, I had Mark send me a replacement unit and I have put it through it’s paces for the past 3 weeks.......this one works perfectly! I’ve had zero problems using it and everything that I’ve thrown at it has worked great! I am now fully satisfied with my purchase and am now waiting for news that the apple app is working perfectly.

Thank you Mark for the emails and personal, it’s greatly appreciated!

I just find it amusing that the ad-copy on Ellusionist's site claims how they've ran the device through the paces to make it perfect and then when it's released it sounds like mostly if not all duds and you had to wait all this time to finally become one of if not the only one with a functioning satisfactory device now.

Like is it just me or is that ad-copy essentially a whole lot of horse poo?
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2700 Posts

Profile of lunatik
99.9% horse poo no doubt

I hope Mark either redesigns or Promystic takes the reigns. I think the idea has a ton of potential, just need to have a device that works great for everyone and not just me.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3883 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2019, lunatik wrote:
99.9% horse poo no doubt

I hope Mark either redesigns or Promystic takes the reigns. I think the idea has a ton of potential, just need to have a device that works great for everyone and not just me.

Ha ha ha. The buttons still look like cheap TV remote style buttons IMO. I feel like that's the biggest issue with this thing, looks like it was made with cheaper parts.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2700 Posts

Profile of lunatik
If I had one thing to pick on it would be the style of button. it has a knobby rubbery top that moves around a bit which for my first remote, it seemed to cause many incorrect readings or none at all. But once I received my replacement which works great, I realized that it wasn't so much the knobby rubber topped buttons, but the device itself.

I'm the furthest thing from being a button expert, but I like a good old keyboard style button. It's just easy to use imo. But I'm sure there are many more button designs that are better for this use no doubt
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3883 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
If I had one thing to pick on it would be the style of button. it has a knobby rubbery top that moves around a bit which for my first remote, it seemed to cause many incorrect readings or none at all. But once I received my replacement which works great, I realized that it wasn't so much the knobby rubber topped buttons, but the device itself.

I'm the furthest thing from being a button expert, but I like a good old keyboard style button. It's just easy to use imo. But I'm sure there are many more button designs that are better for this use no doubt

Yeah, rubber contacts style buttons are finicky like that when you don't plan out the printed circuits on the board properly (where the contact on the rubber button is supposed to come into contact with to register a button press). So when you have a small amount of real estate to work with and you want to prevent mis-presses, you make those printed circuits smaller (thus requiring more precision with your presses) or you can make the buttons more sensitive by making the printed circuits larger but now you risk having mis-presses because pressing one button make inadvertently end up pressing another button.

So to understand how this looks like, here is a photo of the d-pad of a controller. The issue with this particular controller is that the d-pad is too sensitive and often you hit a diagonal input (simultaneously pressing left + up for example when pressing just left). The solution here was to tape off part of the contacts (thus making the area have less contact area thus making it more precise at the expense of sensitivity):

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/ima......dbdu.png

Which is why I laughed at the description about the buttons stating how it's superior to micro-switches, etc.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2700 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Taping it off possibly would make it great for old school games like Pac-Man! Thanks for the diagram!

Another thing that I do like about the remote is it’s size. Super small and is easily hidden, yet functional in use.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3883 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
Taping it off possibly would make it great for old school games like Pac-Man! Thanks for the diagram!

Another thing that I do like about the remote is it’s size. Super small and is easily hidden, yet functional in use.

Yup, exactly the problem that current Switch pro controller has. LoL.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2700 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Too funny! And I have a handful of them, so talk about carpal tunnel in my near future!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3883 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
Too funny! And I have a handful of them, so talk about carpal tunnel in my near future!

Tetris is best played with the joy con. That’s my pro tip here. LoL.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2700 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Tip written down lol
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
All pre-orders are shipping TODAY & Tomorrow.

Apologies for any delays, but we appreciate your patience. Good things come to those who wait Smile

We only have 100 units left (once pre-orders are fulfilled) from this current batch... so if it's something you've been after for a while, make sure you snag it FAST Smile

Cheers,

- G
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3137 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
We all can’t wait lol Gaz 🙂
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1084 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2019, GeraintClarke wrote:
All pre-orders are shipping TODAY & Tomorrow.

Apologies for any delays, but we appreciate your patience. Good things come to those who wait Smile

We only have 100 units left (once pre-orders are fulfilled) from this current batch... so if it's something you've been after for a while, make sure you snag it FAST Smile

Cheers,

- G

WHAT?? Have you not read this thread ? Good things come to those who wait?? Lol
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1079 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
X2
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Loyal user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
224 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
All pre-orders are shipping---
---We only have 100 units left (once pre-orders are fulfilled) from this current batch---
G

So if this new batch, by chance, have improved buttons or more reliable functions, I suppose that we, the first batchers, will have the option to, free of charge, replace our mal- or near malfunctional remotes?
Or...? Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3137 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
No and no , just guessing to the questions above Gaz 🙂
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1079 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
That woul be the least E could do, after all the grief they caused.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3883 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2019, Thomas Walter wrote:
Quote:
All pre-orders are shipping---
---We only have 100 units left (once pre-orders are fulfilled) from this current batch---
G

So if this new batch, by chance, have improved buttons or more reliable functions, I suppose that we, the first batchers, will have the option to, free of charge, replace our mal- or near malfunctional remotes?
Or...? Smile

Good luck. LoL.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
It would be nice to see someone from E come here and comment on if they’ll replace the error batch free of cost instead of abandoning the entire post subject. Adding Peter Turner was a brilliant idea ( possible distraction from the heat they’ve received as of lately ) but it’s not going to change that their customer service is still well below the standards that it’s claimed to be. Maybe the addition of Turner will help them fill in the gaps that they’ve overlooked. 🤷‍♂️. Regardless, when PT releases material, I’ll be buying it directly from him if it’s an option.
RayLogan
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of RayLogan
I got an email today from E about the re-release, watched the trailer and a You Tube full performance and all I can say is "Wow". I put it in my cart and was at checkout and a small light came on and said check the MC forum for the heck of it. Read many but not all of the 30 pages of posts, I've never been a fan of E but have made some purchases, never over the top for me and won't be for a while if they can't be more professional. I then clicked X and it's gone. Thanks to the Café for saving me some anguish.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Console by Mark Lemon / Ellusionist (257 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32..34~35~36 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL