The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » This Years BGT the Good and the Bad (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1893 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
John Archer
Killed it last night
Through to the Live Shows

Even though one of the tabloids tried to put the boot in fact is he connected with audiences with great performance

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/you-......16200325

4MG

As some of you might have read from Peter Nadi today

Since November 2018 I have been working with 4MG (The Boy Band Of Magic). The aim was to create something young and fresh for magic.

From selecting the perfect young talent to form 4MG to creating and rehearsing routines and auditioning for BGT this has been a hectic few months and the hardest part was keeping it all quiet!

Well Last night 4MG's audition aired and the response has been amazing, thank you to everyone that has sent messages.

Again through to the final which goes to show you do not have to spend thousands on expensive props

Ben Hart

https://youtu.be/pz-zTAz9A6Y

This was so bad that was exposed within 30 mins of going on TV

Anyway has not been put through which hopefully anyone else thinking of applying will consider audiences are not stupid and using plants and twins does not bring magic forward only brings it back

Anyway congratulations to 4MG and John Archer
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Well said Jack
Congratulations to Harry Nardi and his friends
Arthur T
View Profile
Regular user
Wales,UK
140 Posts

Profile of Arthur T
They did great, they must have been s******g themselves, that takes real guts. I hope for variety that 4mg don’t use playing cards in there next performance, it would nice to see them mix it up.

I’m sure John will do well, I could watch that guy do nothing and still find it funny, we’re lucky to have him representing the community.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8996 Posts

Profile of pegasus
That stooge selection was hilarious. It went from a middle aged battleaxe to a blonde haired stunner. Well I never. Smile
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1261 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Ben Hart was great and I liked his act the most.
John Archer is such a nice guy - the effect wasn’t the best though I think.
I don’t liked 4MG - to artificial in my opinion but that's a problem of all boy bands.
Arthur T
View Profile
Regular user
Wales,UK
140 Posts

Profile of Arthur T
If 4mg are magics boy band equivalent, what would John archer be?
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1893 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, pegasus wrote:
That stooge selection was hilarious. It went from a middle aged battleaxe to a blonde haired stunner. Well I never. Smile

Everyone I know ( non magical) spotted that

Also very poor acting from both of them
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1306 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Brilliant idea boy band of magic but forcing a card 4 times with all the resources that Peter has seemed a bit lame
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1343 Posts

Profile of barts185
I thought it was hilarious the way that the "spectator" looked around in bewilderment at the end of Ben Hart's trick. TOTALLY sold it! Smile

I liked the 4MG performance up until the t-shirts, which broadcast that each card was forced.

JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1893 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, cardbiker wrote:
Brilliant idea boy band of magic but forcing a card 4 times with all the resources that Peter has seemed a bit lame

What you have to remember it’s hard enough for 1 person to do something with the limited time they have on a show like BGT
with 4 of them all having to do a bit it’s even more difficult

I am sure with all the resources Peter has they will do something different for the Live Show
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, barts185 wrote:
I thought it was hilarious the way that the "spectator" looked around in bewilderment at the end of Ben Hart's trick. TOTALLY sold it! Smile

I liked the 4MG performance up until the t-shirts, which broadcast that each card was forced.

The 4 Forces.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2176 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, barts185 wrote:

The 4 Forces.

The Four Forcemen
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1306 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quite a few complaints in the press about “boring “ card tricks and too many magicians on BGT also wanting card tricks banned one states how can this be classed as entertainment in the 21st century?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Ben Harper’s final effect - let’s give a proper nod to what preceded. Copperfield’s superb Cocoon.

Double the fun. With cool Genesis music 🎵

https://youtu.be/DPmeMNEaPhw
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1893 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, saysold1 wrote:
Ben Harper’s final effect - let’s give a proper nod to what preceded. Copperfield’s superb Cocoon.

Double the fun. With cool Genesis music 🎵

https://youtu.be/DPmeMNEaPhw

Ben Hart has already had his own TV show in the UK

And was in the west end theatre for several weeks last year

So already established name it’s just his performance was a bit lame no one was fooled with his “Twins “ trick

Let’s face it for years most magicians have made a big thing that they don’t use stooges ( Penn & Teller ) have this as a Rule No Stooges or pre show

And what does he do the opossite
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
All good.

But the concept predates - and in Magic it’s nice to know the source.
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Ben Hart
Totally blew his big chance with a very poor choice of trick
It fooled no one
Such a shame
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1580 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I liked his egg transformation though!
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Quote:
On May 26, 2019, johndevacmaker wrote:
Ben Hart
Totally blew his big chance with a very poor choice of trick
It fooled no one
Such a shame

ben fooled the live audience and the judges watch it again the reactions were genuine also don’t forget he got a standing ovation just on the egg trick it was just amazing.

The transportation effect I loved it I thought it was very entertaining.

As for pen and teller ironically I no Ben is one of there consultants he has a brilliant mind.

I don’t normally get involved in these post but I no Ben personally he is one of the best live magicians I no.

He is also a human being and I’m pretty sure he will see these posts words can hurt.

In my mind all the performers on bgt should be applauded it takes guts to get up on a stage.

Also just to correct you all ben is through to the next round.

Kind regards

Kieron
baobow
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of baobow
Did Matt Sterling perform as part of BGT 2019. I cant enjoyed his movie inspired performance
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » This Years BGT the Good and the Bad (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL