The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » This Years BGT the Good and the Bad (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4660 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Matthew Wright is an absolute legend when it comes to magic and I agree totally with Martins above post , Gaz 🙂
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2004 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2019, warren wrote:
Very sad but worth a look at how the application process works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae_SwS8D......lLNviEAA

'Video unavailable' - is anyone able to summarize what the video said?
Michael Clifton
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of Michael Clifton
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, puggo wrote:
Quote:
Very sad but worth a look at how the application process works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae_SwS8D......lLNviEAA

Media Mafia protecting their brand....
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1046 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, puggo wrote:
Quote:

This was a expected
But basically Matthew Wright pitched the whole idea 2 years go

He showed emails from the BGT team showing they was 100% behind him

They asked him to send a video demo of the act to them which he did

At the last moment they said they did not like the idea and that was the end of the matter

The whole Act that you saw on TV from the time prediction to the name of the dog on the collar

Even the puppies at the end was all his original routine

So the video showed the like for like comparison between what Mathew pitched and what was shown on TV

Mathew has been working with some dog sanctuary for some years which is how he come up with the idea

So the whole act was allegedly Ripped Off by the BGT Tean

It even came to light that the Facebook page of the Dog and it’s owner was written by the BGT team

So it’s not known if the owner of the Dog was party to this or just the BGT Team
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3316 Posts

Profile of warren
It just goes to show what a complete sham the whole show is, I for one will not be voting for anyone knowing that the show is basically rigged from start to finish.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1343 Posts

Profile of barts185
I'm not justifying anything that was done, but anyone that doesn't know by now that the got talent (and a lot of other "talent" shows) are shams hasn't been paying attention.

I don't know how much (if at all, and possibly making it even worse) the America's Got Talent contract has changed, but six years ago, the actual contract was posted and some articles were written about it and the things the show can do are pretty insane from a "this is a talent competition" point of view. I guess one of the bigger things is that the show can lie about why an act was disqualified.

Here's an article that links to another article that links to the contract if anyone wants to actually read the 45 page contract from back then:
https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com......ontract/

Of course the thing that often gets missed is that this isn't a talent show. It's a TV show using a talent competition as the hook for the audience and they will do whatever they think is in the best interest of the show in order to get better ratings no matter how that affects the talent show part of the show.

The other thing that a lot of people still don't seem to understand (possibly because they talk about the million dollar prize about a million times during the show) is that on the AGT version, that million dollar prize is $25,000 for forty years. I mean, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind getting it ( Smile ), but it's not the same as the winner being handed a million dollars. I'm not sure if this is the same on the other got talent shows.

I did a little search and it seems the BGT contract is no better, and might even be worse.

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments......gusting/
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1046 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
I guess that’s how the video got removed so quick by the BGT team
Michael Clifton
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of Michael Clifton
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, Martin.Lester wrote:
I guess that’s how the video got removed so quick by the BGT team

If Matthew signed any preliminary contract, he was brave to put it up in the first place...
You basically sell your creative soul to Simon Cowell...I can't imagine the contract has
changed.It is unlikely, although they frequent here, that John Archer or Peter (Harry) Nardi
will chime in here to give an honest view of their experience but it does have shades
of media Illuminati...caveat emptor
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1732 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
They probably got it removed due to the clips from the show being used.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1046 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2019, reignofsound wrote:
They probably got it removed due to the clips from the show being used.

The clips of BGT was very short and had shown for reference purposes only

I remember at Magic Live a few years back Nathan Burton said about the AGT contact that he showed to his lawyer
He was told he would be mad to sign as if cowell wanted to he could claim % of his earnings for 15 years following the show and reserved the rights to manage him if he wanted to
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4660 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Someone else should post it on YouTube asking viewers all to share ASAP before it’s deleted . Or put it up again without the clips and detail the rest like in a courtroom drawing sketches .
Let’s just hope that act doesn’t win it now ( they probably will rig that too ) and one of the proper magic acts does .
I wonder who’s idea they have nicked for the final ( unless they just repeat Matthews ) .
Its ironic a Policeman would be involved in theft ( allegedly ) , I find they often think they are above the law .
However he probably knows nothing about it though bless him , ( a bit like his knowledge of magic ) respectfully Gaz 🙂
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1890 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
I wish I had taken a copy of the YouTube video last night
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1890 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
As he did not have Mathew Wright’s act to rip off in The finial

I am guessing Russ Stephen knocked up the 3 way force for him to do for the Judges

The other magic acts won’t have much to worry about
Sean Mann
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, UK
120 Posts

Profile of Sean Mann
Yeah but dogs so....
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1890 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Ben Hart stripped back Dimmishing Cards

Very good presentation
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1890 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
4MG

Prediction of Simion as name
Double Cross
Haunted Key
Shattered Glass

Simon said they need to work on presentation

I would say it’s there best presentation to date I was expecting Peter to create an unique presentation for them rather than off the shelf items
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1890 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Jonathan Goodwin buried Alive on Stage

Very spectacular

Best Act so far !
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1890 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Well that was a surprise

X has turned out to be Mark Spellman !!
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1113 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Marc Spelmann - GENIUS
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Sethekk
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Sethekk
I do agree with comments regarding 4MG - I wish the routine had been more inventive rather than performing the standard effects. They've done a fantastic job to get this far, especially as they are not stage performers.

Have really enjoyed watching X perform, great to see it turn out to be Marc.
Gets my vote!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » This Years BGT the Good and the Bad (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL