The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Magic Review - Turn by Peter Pellikaan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1814 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DGRmYqR4N4

TURN is just one of those tricks you have to see. So, stop what you're doing and watch the quick trailer--it's in the first few minutes of my review.

WHAT DOES IT COME WITH: You receive a set of specially gimmicked cards and an easy-to-follow video tutorial.

SUMMARY: In short, this trick with four cards is an ADVENTURE. Cards change from blue to red to green to multicolored, and the faces change from blank to Queens to Jokers. But it's the smooth-as-silk handling that sets this packet trick apart. Dare we say, it might be the most efficient, amazing packet trick we've ever seen. It is certainly our VERY favorite Peter Pellikaan creation to date. Usually in tricks of this kind, there are necessary adjustments. You have to change the count you do, or move a card from top to bottom, or do a secret reversal, or take a card out, or add one in. GONE! In TURN, the handling looks identical in each phase, and one phase flows seamlessly into the next.
New Magic / Playing Card Reviews EACH WEDNESDAY
Youtube @MagicOrthodoxy
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
A minor point for most, but the cards do not arrive completely gimmicked and performance ready. It is assumed that the purchaser either has the necessary material needed to prepare two of the cards,or is willing to purchase the product needed for the trick to work as advertised.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4562 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On May 31, 2019, peppermeat2000 wrote:
A minor point for most, but the cards do not arrive completely gimmicked and performance ready. It is assumed that the purchaser either has the necessary material needed to prepare two of the cards,or is willing to purchase the product needed for the trick to work as advertised.

If you bought this and it arrived not "gimmicked", contact the seller. I got mine from VI and they are totally ready to use out of the package. They recommend the "something extra" (or an equivalent that most magicians have one of many options to use). You will also need one of the "gimmick products" if you want to make up a set with cards other than the supplied Phoenix Brand but they are upfront about that too. You may have got a set that got missed, I would contact the seller for sure. I really like mine (I use Phoenix anyway) and I have used mine a lot without having to re-apply yet (I do have the exact product but don't really "love it" yet, for what it is. I will likely try another product first if only for comparison.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Kanawati
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
203 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
My all time favorite packet trick to watch is Alex Elmsley’s Dazzle. I find it entertaining and impossible looking! When I first saw the demo for Turn I was reminded a bit of Dazzle. The repetition can be presented humorously if you want and there appear to be more magical changes than there are cards. I have purchased this too and really like it! Mine also arrived performance ready but with use and repeated performances you will need to use a bit of extra something too. Many thanks for bringing this great trick to my attention David. John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Magic Review - Turn by Peter Pellikaan (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL