We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Creativity during this Bizarre slump? (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1842 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2019, LebanonCircle wrote:
Lebanon Circle is a full time venture for me and business has never been better, in fact it can be quite overwhelming at times. Bizarre is booming if you look in the right places. Quite a few Spooky regulars have left the scene and newcomers are not automatically heading to the Café, they’re getting their fix elsewhere. Don’t ask me where though, social media probably?

I think we sometimes all need to remind ourselves that the scene does not revolve around the Spooky forum. I may be wrong, but this forum partly served as an Outlaw fan club and we all know what happened there...

Darkly

Dan

Indeed, the Bizarre Magick on Facebook is very active, and other platforms are great.And of course, Dan has been doing a stellar job on the Doomsday events.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
866 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Thanks Todd! Hopefully see you at Doomsday 11, we’ve missed you!

Darkly

Dan
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1842 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2019, LebanonCircle wrote:
Thanks Todd! Hopefully see you at Doomsday 11, we’ve missed you!

Darkly

Dan

Yes I have been locked away in the Citadel studying the deepest and darkest secrets of the magi!
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4160 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2019, DrTodd wrote:
Indeed, the Bizarre Magick on Facebook is very active . . .

And for those of us who would prefer not to have a Facebook presence, I have created a group over at MeWe:

Click here to view attached image.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1842 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2019, Seth speaks wrote:
Ooooh... that is great to hear, DrTodd! Is this something you had a hand in creating?

Paul Kostrach and I have cooked up something lovely, which many of you will enjoy Smile

As promised:

https://www.geminiartifacts.com/collecti......f4b6a7bc
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1842 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2019, DrTodd wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2019, Seth speaks wrote:
Ooooh... that is great to hear, DrTodd! Is this something you had a hand in creating?

Paul Kostrach and I have cooked up something lovely, which many of you will enjoy Smile

As promised:

https://www.geminiartifacts.com/collecti......f4b6a7bc

Three of the four available sets have now gone, I believe, but more will be made over the next few months...
Bogbadger
View Profile
Elite user
England
416 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Absolutely stunning Todd! A devious work of wonder!
The average man is not hard to mystify. - Howard Thurston
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1842 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2019, Bogbadger wrote:
Absolutely stunning Todd! A devious work of wonder!

Thank you very much! It has been long in the making, but very pleased with the outcome. Paul is a genius, a pleasure to work with, and a true gentleman. Vic has also been brilliant in making this available. They take time to make, so any future clients will need to be a bit patient. I do hope that the wait is worth it.

Best wishes

Todd
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
460 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Interesting thoughts.

Creativity is a strange phenomenon. Over the past 12 months I have released quite a few new items.

'Short Dark Tales for Long Dark Nights' for a start. http://www.blackhart.co.uk/storytelling.html This took two years to write and compile, and another 6 months to edit and proof-read (whilst on our European tour). Whilst doing all this I was also working on 'Cheat the Reaper', 'Death's Cold Kiss', 'Eternal Game', 'Night of the Demon' and 'The Exorcist'! All of which are now available on the Black Artefacts website.

I had a very productive and inspirational year. However, being creative is not easy and you can't necessarily turn creativity on and off, well I can't anyway. I don't try to release a new effect every few months. I think that if you, for example, commit to a new routine every month or so, then quality will suffer. You will have to compromise.

I release something new when it is ready, and not before. Sometimes a year or two will go by with no new releases from Black Artefacts. Also, there is much more behind a new effect than most people realize. The props have to be designed and manufactured, taking into account the cost, the practicalities of manufacture, how it can be shipped, the script has to be written, etc. All of this takes time.

I am currently working on an audio book version of 'Short Dark Tales for Long Dark Nights', and this project has to be re-scripted, recorded, edited, designed, costed and so on. It is another long-term project. I prefer doing this to the quick fix effect that will soon disappear.

I hope that my loyal customers understand that they will not see a new Black Artefacts effect every month but appreciate that what does get released will have had months or even years of thought and planning behind it.

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1842 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Excellent.

I have two new things coming out from Gemini Artefacts: Red Barn and Roderick's Diary, which I hope people will enjoy.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Elite user
May the magic be with you
443 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
A sneak preview, maybe? 🤫
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1842 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2019, Delimbeau wrote:
A sneak preview, maybe? 🤫

Yes indeed. Roderick's Diary is the second demonstration in this video from Long Island last year:

https://youtu.be/C5AN6wkyPkY
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26938 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Some goodies: https://www.angelbomb.com/books
anyone attempting to work with such an artist so that their product has imbedded features suitable for performing?

One more - just a thought - a large nail (used) which when set as a free spinning pointer does not point north but rather to some other object.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Creativity during this Bizarre slump? (37 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL