The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memory Arts “Expansion Pack 5 - Stack Builder” idea. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4673 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
If you have any of the PDF versions of The Trustman’s Memory Arts “XXXXX” Stack Books, or the Hardback copy that finally introduced images 27 - 52 to the original 26 images, then you know they have added a couple expansion packs. Each have a different purpose and are short but helpful to your particular stack choice. Expansion Pack 5 was/is the best of all so far in my opinion. It is a simple PDF of the 52 images with no card placement totems present. There is a page at the end with all 13 card images drawn twice on it.

The idea is, you can print these out and cut out the card images and and stick them where they belong with a non permanent tape or glue dots to learn your stack (or multiple). You will need to print the totem page twice so you have all 13 cards for each of the four suits. Printing can be a bit pricey depending on where you go to get it done or even doing it yourself but I had an idea of printing 2 images per page cutting down the size from 8 1/2 x 11 to two 4x5’s basically. This would cut printing and paper cost in half.

However, I remembered that every time I buy a 2 pack of ink (b&w and color) I get 50 free 4x6 sheets of glossy photo paper free in the package. Realizing that I had over 100 sheets laying in a drawer, I went ahead and printed each image on a 4x6 photo sheet (made 2 copies of the card totems and cut them out as small as I could) and used some very small repositions gluedots from a roll on dispenser and pasted them in the proper position for my stack I am working with (Aronson) at this time. They are small but twice as big as using a regular deck as flash cards and I Used less than 1/4 of my color cartridge so it was not that expensive.

Another nice part is that when I decide to work on a different stack (Mnemonica, Redford or Aragon) I just need to switch the repositional card totem images.

Just wanted to pass the idea along for others who might have been looking at different cost options for printing.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
somethingupmysleeve
View Profile
New user
London, UK
73 Posts

Profile of somethingupmysleeve
Great idea, thanks Poof-Daddy. I had the original Book A version (with 26 location images), then got Expansion Pack 5 - having 52 images is a fantastic help, as you can associate each with just one card.

I've gone down the electronic route - I've superimposed the card images in the approriate place on each location image, then saved this as a new version to review on my laptop and phone.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memory Arts “Expansion Pack 5 - Stack Builder” idea. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL