The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sharpie Rejuvenation Machine !!! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1560 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1596 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Wow, LOL
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2476 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I am going to take off my magicians hat for a moment and put on my Physics Teacher hat instead.

He did a boatload of work, and spent time money and resources for an incredibly small return. I suppose he had fun building the thing, but what he does not show is how long his machine will work for. If you have a sharpie that has been sitting around, or one that is out of ink, he is using centripetal force to pull ink form the bottom and the sides, into he tip. How long will his rejuvenated Sharpie work for? I have no idea, but I will bet not too long.

Balance that against the cost of a new sharpie.

On the other hand, he certainly possesses a number of fine construction skills.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13697 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Holy crap! That's a crapload of work just to save a buck on a new Sharpie!
I'm going to state the obvious: isn't it easier to go down to the dollar store and buy a new Sharpie?

Also, could you not achieve the same result by tying the thing on a piece of string and swinging it around on the end of the string?

Ahhhh, but to each their own.

Peace. Out.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4286 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Understand the point was to be ridiculous, but there are a number of 3d printed centrifuges that would work fine for sharpies
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3973 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2019, daffydoug wrote:
Holy crap! That's a crapload of work...

Haha, it was also a crapload of boring Smile Skip to the 9:35 mark to see the device in action.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sharpie Rejuvenation Machine !!! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL