The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ [Review] Paint It Blank by John Bannon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Paint It Blank Ė John Bannon

Product description: You like easy to do and direct prediction effect ? This is a nice project by John Bannon, if you like his work, you wonít be disappointed by Paint It Blank, itís a fun and powerful prediction/magic effect. You show 2 jokers to your spectators, they name a card, you show that between the 2 jokers there is a now a white card which isnít printed yet because itís still in the imagination of your spectator. When you turn it around, you show a back. When you turn it around again, it has now printed and itís the thought of card! But is it as clean as that? Letís find out.

Price and where to buy it: This is sold at $20 and you can find it here : www.magicdream.fr.

What you get: The cardboard sleeve is the size of a DVD, with, oh surprise, a DVD with the instructions. Theyíre clear enough to be understood by everyone, the move is a bit ďawkwardĒ but you get the knack quickly. Youíre also supplied with a gimmicked card which has been specially printed for the trick. Itís not a highly gimmicked product but itís simple and efficient. Overall, itís not that expensive and the trick can be performed as you see in the trailer so itís a good product.

Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkAL-eMvmbQ

The pros and the cons: Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS:
One of the joker isnít examinable at the beginning and at the end, but itís not a big deal since the heat is more on the card than on the Joker.
There is a little awkward move during the routine but if you construct your routine properly, nobody will notice.

THE PROS:
Itís a simple and direct trick, you show 2 jokers, ask for a card, place it invisibly on the mat, then it turns blank and then it changes. There are a lot of effects during this routine, and you can play on the imagination.
Any card can be named, you have no limitations on this so you could even do a selection of the color, the suit and the number by several spectators.
Youíre instantly reset to do it again if you wish and you donít really need a table so this is a nice little routine to add into your close up or walk around set.
As most Bannon tricks, itís simple, direct and easy to do. There is no force or double lift, itís straight forward.

Overall rating: Itís not the most baffling trick youíll ever do, but itís a nice and simple one you can easily add to your repertoire without a lot of work. And you can play on the imagination factor, I think it could be a nice little show, 3/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, nothing hard or fancy but you still need to master the moven thatís why I put 2/5 stars.

Similar products: Sandwich effect with a thought of card is not something common, so I canít compare this to anything.

If you liked this review, make sure to check all my other ones on my website: http://lesavisdalexis.wixsite.com/reviews
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4674 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Nice review Alex. I really like just about anything that John Bannon puts out or has anything to do with. He is a modern day master in my world of close up. My one question, not only for this review but for others (as it happens a good bit). Would you consider it a CON when the effect is already released in a book (often under a different name) and sold as a "New Effect"?

I believe this is more of the producers doing than the artists, and again, this is only one example (nothing against Mr Bannon I have also seen this with many others). I know it is a small point and they are selling it as an inexpensive "one off" rather than the price of a book (although the books are ALWAYS a better value), But I think they should mention in the ad copy at the very least - "Based on (name effect from book here) from his book (Book name)". They could always go on to spout that it may be a revised or updated version of the effect, but they should mention it. I consider that a "con".

Anyway, just my .02 cents worth about product cons. Keep up the great reviews. I always enjoy them.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
307 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
I purchased and received Point it Blank in the mail....to somehow prove I received it I received 2 jokers, 1 red backed the other blank backed, but unfortunately I am having problems playing the DVD on my Windows 10 computer, can someone please help me with this....Thanks

Cal Horelick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ [Review] Paint It Blank by John Bannon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL