The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Rubber cement (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Engine
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Engine
Basically I have two sides of an envelope that I need to keep separate after rubber cement has been applied and dried. I can't use powder because I need to be able to press them together for an instant seal. Is there something I can stick between them that won't adhere to the rubber cement? Would wax paper work or perhaps aluminum foil? Thanks in advance
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3048 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Wax paper or cellophane works, but has to be removed before you can seal the envelope. A less obvious way is to insert a non-sticky envelope between the two sticky sides of the self-sealing envelope and add some more envelopes to the pile. In that case, you just pull out the sticky envelope from a stack of envelopes, keeping the two sides apart until you have done what you have to do, and then press the sticky sides together to seal.
Engine
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Engine
Thanks!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21935 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you order much online, I use the removable label sheets found with some invoices, or even small sheets from buying U.S. postage stamps. That way you know it works. Sometimes junk mail like from United of Omaha Life Insurance Company with a gift of return address labels with your name and address. Just remove the labels and use the back sheet. So take a look at your junk mail, it may have gimmicks that can be used for magical purposes.

Again, you will have to remove the or slide out the sheet before sealing your envelope, but it only takes a second.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21935 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just thought, 3M has sells a sticky roll attached to a removable paper strip. So you could apply the tape, then leave a strip of paper to hang onto, then just pull it off and seal the envelope.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2555 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Bonsalopes from Dave Bonsall at Propdog. He’s already done all the work for you Smile
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
824 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
I agree with Sealegs. Bosalopes are fantastic and come in different sizes.

Lou
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Rubber cement (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL