The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Acrobatic Bottle by Mr. Magic (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Does anyone have the Acrobatic Bottle by Mr. Magic? If so, what do you think of it?
https://murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=63229
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21976 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The few small items I purchased that are made by Mr. Magic, are very poor quality. So buyer be ware it may not work at all.

What you reference is the old Grant' Topsy Turvy bottle trick. Still being sold today. It comes with 2 bottles and 2 tubes.

From the picture, as I do not have this effect, is a version fashioned after the old Abbott's Topsy Turvy bottle trick. That uses a totally different method then Grants.

I don't know how you would use a single bottle version, as it can not hold any liquid. They are selling it this way, most likely because you cannot use a spectator to follow your actions, like in the Grant version. I never owned the Abbott's version, so I don't know the routine they or how they used it.

If you can think of way to use this prop in your act, it may work, but that is for you to decide.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
R Don
View Profile
Regular user
West Coast
185 Posts

Profile of R Don
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Apparently. All I know is in the link I shared.

Quote:
On Jun 3, 2019, R Don wrote:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl......j_-DYnXk

Is it this?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21976 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2019, R Don wrote:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl......j_-DYnXk

Is it this?

Yes, that looks like a similar item, only using a square tube.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
I bought one from a private guy with an idea but it didn't work out as planned. It is decently made. I have one that I would sell for $30 plus $5 shipping. I played with it a few times, but it's like new.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2019, Jef Eaton wrote:
I bought one from a private guy with an idea but it didn't work out as planned. It is decently made. I have one that I would sell for $30 plus $5 shipping. I played with it a few times, but it's like new.

Thanks. I actually have a $50 gift certificate from Murphy's, which they generously give to the local SAM and IBM clubs for prizes. So it would cover all except the tax.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1725 Posts

Profile of wally
I'm looking for a new topsy turvy plumes, like Mel mellers, who sell a decent pair,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Acrobatic Bottle by Mr. Magic (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL