The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silhouette by Tobias Dostal (120 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..20~21~22 [Next]
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
I watched the instruction. I think I will use this. It is not the same like Ghost Vision but the same idea I Think. I am Missing the Levitation part Titanas talking about.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4662 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Mark was not happy with the price, not happy with the amount of practice, and performance restrictions ie. angles, lighting, correct surface. He obviously doesn’t want 90 percent returned the next day and the hassle that goes with that.

Wrong Pegasus, Mark was absolutely fine with the price and what you received. He was also fine with the angles, I never heard him say that the angles were rubbish and it wont work. He actually praised the product for the ones who will actually take the time to practice and master it. Mark simply said that he knows 90% of his clients WILL NOT take the time to practice this. This holds true for most effects that require practice not to mention I believe it holds true that 90% of purchasers do not perform professionally or semi-pro that get paid for gigs. And these people usually are the ones that do not want to put the time in. And that's not a bad thing, it's all in what you want.

Did you watch the same review I did?

He’s being kind. You’re just blinded (as usual) by the sales pitch. Will this jump the queue of all the other effects that you’ve not yet mastered? I’d love to see your show. It must change daily.

Well Pegasus, actually I have been blessed in the past few years in getting called back for additional shows with the same clients including a lot of the same audience. So I wouldn't say daily but yes I do have to change/add a few effects a lot of times monthly (usually every 4-6 months). It's very interesting how you live across the pond, never met me, and can make a statement how I have yet to master effects (plural). You say "ALL THE OTHERS" when in fact there was recently ONE effect (CTG) that I stated would take time to master. Maybe you can clarify and list for our audience here ALL THE OTHER effects that I said would take time to master other than CTG and Silhouette? You seem to like putting words in others mouths. I guess you have to do that to make you feel better about yourself, I don't know, just a guess.

Also, thanks to the others here who actually understood Mark's review helping me realize I wasn't blind.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7495 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, pegasus wrote:
You’re just blinded (as usual) by the sales pitch. Will this jump the queue of all the other effects that you’ve not yet mastered? I’d love to see your show. It must change daily.

Wow. Would love to see your show too pegasus, would probably just involve you telling people how rubbish everything and that you know better as you read the daily express and fantasise that your opinion actually matters.

All mark said was he didn't think the product would suit his sales demographic. Which includes you.

And he wouldn't have to accept any returns. He said he liked the effect, the quality and the performance.

There will be a lot of 2nd hand sales, but that's down to the demographic and not the product.

Yes he would. It’s called the distance selling regulations. Please show me within the regs that this does not apply to magic products??
I would like to say I’d like to see your show too but it seems you’ve given up on mentalism, so you’re probably not up to scratch yet having recently converted to magic. Lol.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Pegasus is correct

The distance selling regulations apply to all Retailers in the UK

Regardless if you are selling Magic Product or Not
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18200 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Apologies got it kinda wrong, but read their terms and conditions...
https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/terms.html
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18200 Posts

Profile of IAIN
"we have had customers contact us after buying a trick or item and say they want to return it because they will not use it now they know how it is done or how the item can be used. We are sorry but we are unable to take any returns for items in this way as you will have learned the secret to the effect even if you return the item and props"
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18200 Posts

Profile of IAIN
And this has mentalism related uses...
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
"we have had customers contact us after buying a trick or item and say they want to return it because they will not use it now they know how it is done or how the item can be used. We are sorry but we are unable to take any returns for items in this way as you will have learned the secret to the effect even if you return the item and props"

That will Never Hold up in Court

The Law Staes

You must tell the customer they can cancel their order up to 14 days after their order is delivered. They don’t need to give a reason for cancelling.

If you don’t tell the customer about their right to cancel, they can cancel at any time in the next 12 months. If you tell them about the right to cancel during these 12 months, they have 14 days to cancel from when you told them.
Havens
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
297 Posts

Profile of Havens
"Distance Selling Regulations returns apply to most products, but there are some goods you can't return if you simply change your mind, including:

CDs, DVDs or software if you've broken the seal on the wrapping
perishable and other items that deteriorate rapidly, such as food and flowers
tailor-made or personalised goods
underwear and earrings."

It says "including" so it's not an exhaustive list, so it could be argued that magic items are included in this list espeically if there's a seal and it's broken - magic is very much like a pair of knickers in that respect.

It's also pretty poor form to return an effect because you don't like the method, unless it was blatantly miss sold and not fit for purpose. Gecko anyone? Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18200 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I can totally imagine pegasus and Jack magic in court together...
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18200 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Throwing shade in a thread about silhouettes pleases me...
Havens
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
297 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
I can totally imagine pegasus and Jack magic in court together...

Haha.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations apply to sales of goods or services to consumers without face-to-face contact. This includes selling by mail order, online, using digital television or by telephone, fax or text message.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
949 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, Havens wrote:
magic is very much like a pair of knickers

I'm getting that printed on a tile.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3033 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
With magic effects and indeed knickers it’s not one size fits all Gaz 🙂
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Quote:
Perhaps it will... because nowadays so many people just want the newest effect that is a clever gimmick yet self working and you can pick up in minutes which is a shame.

Preach ^ lol. Some companies won't even bother putting an effect out if it requires too much work or setup to perform. As far as what too much is((that seems to be anything over 5 mins lmao))
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18200 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Imagine if they released the royal road to cardmagic as a new book today...

You'd have people complaining about it in latest and greatest for sure.. Probably complaining about the word phalange...
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
949 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I find "phalange" to be unneccesarily offensive. It completely turned me off card magic.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18200 Posts

Profile of IAIN
A moist phalange...
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3033 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Lol Iain 😂 regards Gaz 🙂 ps I love reading and still re read the royal road
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silhouette by Tobias Dostal (120 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL