The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silhouette by Tobias Dostal (124 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2709 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Smile Nope. I actually haven't got the faintest of clues who that is.

@ Bob: judging by the length of your post it seems I hit a nerve. Really, I just want you to stop putting down other magicians. Don't act like the bully in high school by ridiculing people when they have trouble mastering effects, stating that their complaints are not valid because for YOU the effect works "great". I've seen you do that too many times and I noticed it's often because your standards are lower than those of others. Which makes it even more annoying.

To end this discussion on a positive note: I think it's great that you feel your 3 boys are more important than magic and I applaud you for choosing to spend more time with them. I personally have never accepted a gig on important days for my kids, like birthdays, schooltrips that I promised to go on with them, etc. So we can agree on the fact that family is the most important thing in life. Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Frittentick
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Frittentick
Magic with a shadow. Very interesting indeed but I can't understand the hype. To perform a trick perfect you need to perform anytime anywhere. With the limitations this trick obviously has I doubt most buyers have these conditions. Most likely they bought it to show it to their fellows at the local magic club, 4 or 5 more lousy performancees and end in the drawer. Maybe in the future someone comes up with a box you can attach to the flashlight and a wheel to choose different shadows to create a magic routine instead of just an effect. Looking forward to it. 😊
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
:lol: Nope. I actually haven't got the faintest of clues who that is.

@ Bob: judging by the length of your post it seems I hit a nerve. Really, I just want you to stop putting down other magicians. Don't act like the bully in high school by ridiculing people when they have trouble mastering effects, stating that their complaints are not valid because for YOU the effect works "great". I've seen you do that too many times and I noticed it's often because your standards are lower than those of others. Which makes it even more annoying.

To end this discussion on a positive note: I think it's great that you feel your 3 boys are more important than magic and I applaud you for choosing to spend more time with them. I personally have never accepted a gig on important days for my kids, like birthdays, schooltrips that I promised to go on with them, etc. So we can agree on the fact that family is the most important thing in life. Smile

No Karl, actually just the opposite, because now that I know it's you I know there's not much to your posts any way to be worthy of reading. Sorry you feel bullied and like I said before put a big pair of pants on and wipe the tears because there's bigger things in life to worry about.

Take care my friend and feel free to get the last word in because this will be my last post to you.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, RNK wrote:

No Karl, actually just the opposite, because now that I know it's you I know there's not much to your posts any way to be worthy of reading.

This is why so many people stay away from this place. Constant bickering.
And now you "know" it's actually Karl M because pegasus (who is nothing if not sarcastic) claims it is.
But of course, I don't believe you really think it's Karl M, you are too intelligent for that. You just want to bait TUM.

Can we stop the back and forth and get back to discussing this shadow effect please?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, RNK wrote:

No Karl, actually just the opposite, because now that I know it's you I know there's not much to your posts any way to be worthy of reading.

This is why so many people stay away from this place. Constant bickering.
And now you "know" it's actually Karl M because pegasus (who is nothing if not sarcastic) claims it is.
But of course, I don't believe you really think it's Karl M, you are too intelligent for that. You just want to bait TUM.

Can we stop the back and forth and get back to discussing this shadow effect please?

No, they don't come here because of posts like Karl's that are nonsense and totally misleading. Including accusatory posts to people that are totally nonsense as well, not to mention that have nothing to do with the effects. That's what has to stop. And I actually do believe its Karl M judging by his posts, very similar in BS.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I was joking about Karl M by the way.
Frittentick
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Frittentick
You guys know how far you left the topic?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It always happens, their ego gets involved and nothing else matters...
I've asked to be banned
kiketron
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, Frank Fantastic wrote:
Is it possible to use multiple gimmicks in a routine like it looks on the trailer ? That's been unclear to me so far.

No.
There are just 2 rings included. You can mount 1 shadow per ring, only 1
pivoting gimmick.
With some craftsmanship maybe you can build you own rings
Step into the unknown
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
Has anyone else done this real world yet?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2709 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 24, 2019, IAIN wrote:
It always happens, their ego gets involved and nothing else matters...

No man thinks there is much ado about nothing when the ado is about himself. Smile

But since you popped up here, Iain: how do you like Silhouette so far (I take it you received it and started playing with it)? Genuinely interested in if you find it practical.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Not had chance to play test it yet... But quality build...

But got two presentations to work with...
I've asked to be banned
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2709 Posts

Ok. I'd be interested in hearing how you get along with it down the road. (I think it's really poetic, beautiful and surprising. I just don't see any oppurtunities for myself to perform this. I've been checking lately and even finding the right wall with enough space seems a challenge at most gigs I do. Let alone daylight, etc...)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I think this might be worth testing casting the shadow across a table or floor instead...
I've asked to be banned
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2709 Posts

Smart thinking! That would open up a lot of new performance areas, literally. You do need to arrange your spectators to be positioned quite specifically then. Especially at a table. I almost would imagine they cannot be seated themselves at the table you perform on?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I think it's more me positioning myself... Its not for table hopping as far as I'm concerned..
I've asked to be banned
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of jamo425
If you are in a dim place where their table is near a wall, then I'm sure you can manage. Would certainly be something that grabs everyone's attention in the venue. But still, I have to agree that table hopping is generally wont be the best way to perform this.

However if you're doing parlor, strolling or street magic, this is PERFECT (obviously better at night). That's where I plan on doing this once I get everything down.

Will definitely take quite a bit of practice to make it look as good as Tobias does it. But well worth the effort imo.

As far as restrictions go, being able to only take 2 shadows with you is perfectly fine (without needing to bring any tools). Sure it would be nice if you could easily swap shadows, but I think 2 is fine. Also imo, the ease of getting into and out of the effect makes up for that.

I haven't gotten around to playing with it much yet, but I think going out of your way to get a phone case is worth it. I will try to master it without one, but the case will certainly make life easier.

Anyway, I personally always weigh how strong an effect is vs ease of use, preparation, reset, practicality ect. And with an effect this magical, I'd say it is well worth the effort to be able to perform this.

Just my 2 cents.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
What about ceilings? They’re almost always white.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2709 Posts

That makes a lot of sense, actually.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2709 Posts

"Sir, could you please remove that big chandelier? It's for a magic trick." Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silhouette by Tobias Dostal (124 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL