The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silhouette by Tobias Dostal (122 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..20~21~22 [Next]
Fraser Gould
View Profile
New user
Tokyo, Japan
94 Posts

Profile of Fraser Gould
Very interested in this, especially the rock-scissors-paper effect, but want to hear word on what the cleanup is like at the end of the effect. Will wait for hands-on reviews.
Fraser Gould
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
No. You are right. Actually.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
136 Posts

Profile of patapon
As in all shadow plays, you will likely need to be comfortable at ringing in the gimmick as you borrow a phone, and then ditch it before you return the phone. That's why replies to my earlier posts confirms that its great for stage and video, but you cannot perform this 360, and you will likely need your audience in front of you (not even at the side) for close-up.

Great idea though as the heat seems to be all on the phone!
AntonF
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of AntonF
Does anyone know if it is necessary to have a phone case to do the trick. If so, I don’t understand how this could be done with a spectarors phone. Is it possible to do more than one routine in a row, or we can use only one gimmick at the time? Anyway the trick is great and opens a wide range of tricks or ideas: revealing cards, words, numbers, animals because i‘ve read when you see the gimmick you can create your own routines.
[...] The passion culminates in the professional. He would rather play than eat. Winning is not his sole delight.[...] there is but one pleasure in life better than winning, that is, in making the hazard...
patapon
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
136 Posts

Profile of patapon
You do not need the phone to have a case Smile

You can only do one silhouette at a time, and each time I believe you need to ring in and ditch the gimmick.

Just think of how real shadow play is done. Its the same.
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Has anyone else noticed what is wrong at 1 minute 22 seconds when he is holding the shadow finger.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2019, Rob.m wrote:
Has anyone else noticed what is wrong at 1 minute 22 seconds when he is holding the shadow finger.

No. And neither will people in real life without the benefit of rewinding videos.
I've asked to be banned
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Some one will - I noticed the first time I watched it so if you did it a few times and the same person was watching I think they would pick up on it.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8434 Posts

Profile of pegasus
1:12 is the best effect for me. If can get away performing this one I’ll be happy with my purchase.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3870 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I never saw it and I have watched it 5 times now at normal speed lol Gaz 🙂
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8434 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I never saw it and I have watched it 5 times now at normal speed lol Gaz 🙂

Specsavers mate. Book an appointment. Lol.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3870 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Lol , I will take a proper look now as I was just looking as a layman before .
I want to make sure I see it without slowing it down at first Gaz 🙂
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
My only concern with this is that the gimmick is relatively small and concealed. Also, easy to ditch.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3870 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yeah rewatched it at full speed and can see very easily what Rob.m and Pegasus are referring to now Gaz 🙂
sOnrisemagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of sOnrisemagic
This will be a cool effect. Even though people will know where something fishy is going on (especially with a flip phone case) They won’t know the exact method and it will definitely entertain. If you’re going for adding entertainment, or an interactive peter pan type patter to a kids show this will be great. If you just look for magician foolers, this is not for you.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4805 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2019, sOnrisemagic wrote:
If you just look for magician foolers, this is not for you.

If the magicians in the demo were being truthful, the effect seemed to fool some pretty experienced magicians.
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of montanna40
I might be mistaken
But I don’t think they were fooled
But in awe what they just witnessed. Like I have been

You can’t deny on first watch you was not enthralled by what you just saw
And that’s the feeling I want to bring to the audience
Yes we can dissect it later. Anyone can . But it’s the initial response I want to have

And I think I will with this
kiketron
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of kiketron
I had the chance to see the gimmick and all I can say is:

- it is not electronic but “mechanical”
- All you need is your thumb
- it is small
- you need the case to provide some cover if you have and espectator at your right as it happens with the espectator finger effect.
- you can also use the case to *l*d* the gimmick so it can change shape at will (rose/ no rose for instance)
- It is really well made and it needs a bit of practice to master.
- it is easy to load, steal and ditch
- I love it
Step into the unknown
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1307 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2019, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2019, sOnrisemagic wrote:
If you just look for magician foolers, this is not for you.

If the magicians in the demo were being truthful, the effect seemed to fool some pretty experienced magicians.

Most if not all the endorsements are expressing how creative and visual and amazing it is. Which it is! They haven't said if they have or haven't been fooled.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Magic SMS 2: http://apple.co/2nuxewr
Notion of Motion: http://www.risingcard.co.uk
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Magician fooler does not necessarily equate to audience fooler. Success for one doesn't equate to success for all. Unless you already have this, your opinions are some what moot. Just as the radio cannot be rewound, neither can a real time performance unless it is recorded. I can only speak for myself, but if I attend a magic show, I go for the entertainment not to RIP the show. I think the same thing can be said here on the Café. I too think trailers could be much better and should be, but perhaps its because we don't respect the Art as we once did.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silhouette by Tobias Dostal (122 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL