The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silhouette by Tobias Dostal (124 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..21~22~23 [Next]
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Well if not control shadows that another force is controlling them. That's powerful, Disney level enchantment.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
It’s made out of metal it will last you a life time.

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Ok, seemed interesting, but all my fears were justified.
First of all - of course it is exactly the same as Mayne's Ghost Vision. Titanas just lying to say "method far from his". Just metal instead of clear plastic and some ideas.
By the way - Ghost Vision is much better in angles, so here goes
the second - angles are really bad. 1 on 1 only, or just keep away everybody like in TV specials.
Even in the tutorial he flashes the gimmick all the time. And you better have really big phone, not iPhone SE, for example. iPad would be ideal.
Or you must have the case. In fact you can't do any animation without the case (so they say in tutorial). So buy it. Of course no animation with borrowed phones.
But the the case it just looks like mini projector.
I personally think the price is ok for what you get which is rare in magic nowadays.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2019, Christopher Williams wrote:
I would also keen to know the durability of Silhouette

Been playing with this all day now. I love it. The supplied parts are very well made and durable. You can also easily make your own shadows

I'm planning to make a hand in a 'pinching' shape.. So I can have a thought 'plucked' from a spectators head Smile

Hope this helps
Dominic
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2019, Nikita wrote:
Ok, seemed interesting, but all my fears were justified.
First of all - of course it is exactly the same as Mayne's Ghost Vision. Titanas just lying to say "method far from his". Just metal instead of clear plastic and some ideas.
By the way - Ghost Vision is much better in angles, so here goes
the second - angles are really bad. 1 on 1 only, or just keep away everybody like in TV specials.
Even in the tutorial he flashes the gimmick all the time. And you better have really big phone, not iPhone SE, for example. iPad would be ideal.
Or you must have the case. In fact you can't do any animation without the case (so they say in tutorial). So buy it. Of course no animation with borrowed phones.
But the the case it just looks like mini projector.
I personally think the price is ok for what you get which is rare in magic nowadays.

It’s hard to believe you have seen the instructions and still think it’s the same as Ghost Vision, not to mention that the instructional video is not out yet.
I have ghost vision and it’s a great trick but totally different to silhouette not just because of different materials but mainly because silhouette can do animations.

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
It's a similar concept to Ghost Vision because in that (excellent) effect a 'shadow' is created. However, that's only inside a photo or video...

Ghost Vision would twin with it nicely. This happens to something real. a shadow.. not a photo. A shadow on a wall that actually INTERACTS with you or your spectator.

MoM have it on the site now shipping from the UK here : https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/silhouette

Release day is the 17th June

Hope this helps
Dominic
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
Titanas, I won't go deeper, but sure "kinda ring on the thumb" will tell you everything)
Also want to mention that in Ghost Vision you can do animations. And without a case as in silhouette. And even with a borrowed phone))
"Totally different" is like magnеt and thread, "different" is like thread and loops.
Maybe you mean using phone light instead of phone camera, but it has nothing to do with the gimmick for sale. Gimmick is the same "kinda ring on the thumb".
Improved of course, since it's a new product)
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Bravo Mark at Saturn Magic 👏🏻
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2019, reignofsound wrote:

In case people were curious on Mark's stance:
https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/blog/blog-98.html
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Can only be performed on one side of the moon...

Unless you take a light source with you... then you will be fine. Smile

LOL
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:

he's only saying that he thinks the majority of his client base won't dedicate the time and energy into being able to perform this properly - that's fair enough...I reckon he's right... but he's also saying what a great effect it is too...
I've asked to be banned
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
I can understand taking that position on stocking some blatantly trash item by some no name company, etc....but regardless of whether you like Silhouette or not, I think it can be generally agreed it's a very well thought out and creative effect. I've seen the pics and while the gimmicks may not be for me, they appear to be very well made and clever.

Tobias is a respected creator. He's not some no-name putting out a piece of junk. He has a good track record. So it seems a bit harsh to not stock it.

To each's own, though so in that sense, I respect Mark's position.

Nigel Quinn
View Profile
Regular user
U.K
118 Posts

Profile of Nigel Quinn
Q U I N
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Quote:

he's only saying that he thinks the majority of his client base won't dedicate the time and energy into being able to perform this properly - that's fair enough...I reckon he's right... but he's also saying what a great effect it is too...

Exactly!

Honestly.
Not trying to ram it down your throat saying the best thing ever and buy, buy, buy.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Quote:

Exactly!

Honesty.
Not trying to ram it down your throat saying the best thing ever and buy, buy, buy.
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
Wow, went into pretty painful detail as to what it is for starting out by saying he wasn't going to show / expose it...

Quote:
On Jun 10, 2019, Nigel Quinn wrote:
10/10 from Magicworld: https://www.facebook.com/MagicWorldUK/vi......explicit
magicant
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester UK
116 Posts

Profile of magicant
Hey Everyone... I've just reviewed Silhouette by Tobias...

You can watch it at: https://www.facebook.com/MagicWorldUK/vi......sfnsw=cl

If you like it please do like our facebook page! A youtube link will be coming up soon!

All the best
Anthony
==============================

Producers of COVERT ADAPTIONS - INFAMOUS - DEADLY MARKED DECK - GUARANTEED JACKPOT - THE EXPERIMENT - CERBERUS WALLET - AND MANY MORE!

www.magicworld.co.uk (UK)
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Looks like my prediction was correct (again) and I’ll be grabbing a bargain on the second hand market. Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2019, magicant wrote:
Hey Everyone... I've just reviewed Silhouette by Tobias...

You can watch it at: https://www.facebook.com/MagicWorldUK/vi......sfnsw=cl

If you like it please do like our facebook page! A youtube link will be coming up soon!

All the best
Anthony

Why would anyone here like your Facebook page?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2019, IAIN wrote:
When can we perform it for you?

ANy time man just pop on over..... Smile

Dave "Wheels" Matkin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silhouette by Tobias Dostal (124 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL