The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silhouette by Tobias Dostal (118 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18124 Posts

Profile of IAIN
One believes you American types follow up with "aaaaaaaaaaaah, snap!"... Smile
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2817 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2019, Nathan Pain wrote:
I think at the end of the day this trick brings me hope that countless crappy magicians will buy it & learn the art of acting.

Nathan

If you are trying to tell us you think you are good at acting you found a really unsympathetic way of doing so. If you want to inspire other magicians to take up acting you also found a really unsympathetic way of doing so. All we get from this post is that you think you are way better that most here. But any succesfiull pro will tell you that social skills are the most important tool in a magician’s arsenal. And the one thing you show in your post is a complete lack of those. Try acting some Smile

Nope, not saying that at all. I am saying that this trick requires acting skill and that I hope that maybe some magicians who are not adept at that skill will buy this and perhaps gain some insight on how to act. Better?

Nathan
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
810 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Not better. Perfect.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4651 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, Nathan Pain wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2019, Nathan Pain wrote:
I think at the end of the day this trick brings me hope that countless crappy magicians will buy it & learn the art of acting.

Nathan

If you are trying to tell us you think you are good at acting you found a really unsympathetic way of doing so. If you want to inspire other magicians to take up acting you also found a really unsympathetic way of doing so. All we get from this post is that you think you are way better that most here. But any succesfiull pro will tell you that social skills are the most important tool in a magician’s arsenal. And the one thing you show in your post is a complete lack of those. Try acting some Smile

Nope, not saying that at all. I am saying that this trick requires acting skill and that I hope that maybe some magicians who are not adept at that skill will buy this and perhaps gain some insight on how to act. Better?

Nathan

don't worry Nathan, I am sure most knew what you meant.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Not everybody has your social skills, RNK. Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4651 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:

I wouldn't call it social skills, maybe interpretation skills would be a better word. :>)

And all I'm saying is if you took that comment personally then well as the old adage goes, if the shoe fits wear it.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Bob, I'm baffled. Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4651 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
Bob, I'm baffled. Smile

Hence, Baffling Bob! I have been told by many the name fits me well.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2817 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2019, RNK wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn't call it social skills, maybe interpretation skills would be a better word. :>)

And all I'm saying is if you took that comment personally then well as the old adage goes, if the shoe fits wear it.

Bob,

You get me, you really get me.

Nathan
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Bob,

MANY as in 1, 2, MANY, I assume? Smile
(As I recall you telling us earlier you need new tricks all the time because of a lack of audience)

PS Your attempt at getting Nathan to bond with you against me was endearing. It reminded me of my daughter. The little sweetheart is four years old now Smile I’m truly sorry for you that Nathan decided to handle like a man. Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4651 Posts

Profile of RNK
Um, yeah, ok. Whatever you say my friend. I know that's not what I stated but not a problem. But that shoe must be a perfect size for you.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Size MANY, I guess? Smile
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1750 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
I applaud Saturn Magic for giving an honest View on this product

well done Mark
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1399 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2019, RNK wrote:
I for one am having a ball with this! Love practicing it as well, so much fun!! I do believe I will get a flip case to help with the angles. Though, you can definitely do it with a borrowed phone, I would feel my comfortable with the flip case. And for me, this effect is so neat and different that I will add the flip case.

BritishMagic, I definitely can understand what you are saying, if your hands are to small this definitely would make performing this and trying to hide the method much more difficult. Hope it's your phone size and you can get a smaller one.

RNK: Did you pick up a phone case? If so, did that make it a lot easier for you?

BritishMagic: Did you try a smaller phone?
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
517 Posts

Profile of Vogler
I haven't received my package yet, but Im in love with this effect. I feel it gives you freedom to create stories, funny moments, and has class, something that we don't see often in magic performances,
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
175 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
I tried with my girlfriends phone (the big iphone), still had the same problem. I can do the standard shadows, but can't do the animation due to the phone width/my hand size.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18124 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I wonder if Mark has had a change of heart or if its just a site error?
https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......ick.html

Mine has been delivered, wont get to open it til tomorrow though. A mate has got his too - he's very happy (and he said that he knows that most people wont put in the practice)...
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2355 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, IAIN wrote:
I wonder if Mark has had a change of heart or if its just a site error?
https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......ick.html

Mine has been delivered, wont get to open it til tomorrow though. A mate has got his too - he's very happy (and he said that he knows that most people wont put in the practice)...

Now that it is out people can make informed decisions so we have now made the product available for sale, I still stand by what I said and feel it was the right thing to do.

We are different to every magic shop out there, most will push anything on you (I see it regularly), they are just sales machines.

Sometimes your morals have to be put before profit.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18124 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Hey, you're a business, and a good one at that... I order from you the most...
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Well just received mine ,I do not understand how people could say this trick is not for beginners ,the basic handlings are very easy to do ,yeah others may require a bit practice,the flip cases you buy the majority have a magnetic close clasp which will hold your gimmick until you ready to load it.
On the whole this trick is awesome def the trick of the year 👌
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silhouette by Tobias Dostal (118 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL