The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silhouette by Tobias Dostal (120 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..20~21~22 [Next]
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1070 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:
Also can someone let me know what each of the 12 different gimmicks can let me do?

Thanks
Sleepy


X2
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This also applies to mentalists.)
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2699 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I think the phone case hides the gimmick. if using a specs phone, one would take extra care to hide it, but probably not a big deal. I'd rather just use my phone personally.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4669 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, Daren wrote:
I assume this is best as a one off type effect right? Not going to be easily performed at gigs?


If this is as good as it looks, practical, and you are performing in the right environment, I would probably use this in the context of the old, oh wait I have one more thing I'd like to show you....
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
739 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Available here too now:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12124
willthegreat
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of willthegreat
Mainly interested in this for a stage piece -- wondering if it could be used with a flashlight and/or illuminated lightbulb and not just the phone?
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1358 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
This type of magic would suit me I think.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1869 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, Daren wrote:
I assume this is best as a one off type effect right? Not going to be easily performed at gigs?


Tobias has been performing this on gigs all the time as long as you are not under any spotlight or anything bright like the sun.
The restrictions are not as narrow as you may think.
Tobias performed it over and over again inside a las vegas casino where there are lights everywhere Smile

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1568 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:
Also can someone let me know what each of the 12 different gimmicks can let me do?

Thanks
Sleepy


X2


Can someone answer this?
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1869 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:
Also can someone let me know what each of the 12 different gimmicks can let me do?

Thanks
Sleepy


Well, technically everything we have released so far between the trailer and the photos shows you about 9 of the 12 different shadow effects.
For the other three, there is one that creates an amazing levitation effect, another one that is super funny and the last one is for a rock paper scissors type of effect.
There is something for everyone in this set and don't forget that the same gimmicks can have different performances like a very visual PK touches effect as an aexample.

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
Apparently nobody wants to for some odd reason. As if we can't figure out that "something" is going on behind there. Ordered regardless, but it'd be nice to know if it comes with a similar case or if one may want to order something roughly similar before it arrives.

Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:
Also can someone let me know what each of the 12 different gimmicks can let me do?

Thanks
Sleepy


X2


Can someone answer this?
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1405 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, Dominic Reyes wrote:
I think we might have just seen it.... The item that's going to win the 'BEST OF 2019... In fact... maybe the best thing to hit the magic shop shelves in quite a few years.. .. Tobias deserves a standing ovation.
You get SO much in the set, meaning you can do SO MUCH with this
MoM have it on the site now with FREE worldwide shipping plus an extra gift for the early birds that order here:

https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/silhouette

It's shipping world wide on June 17th.

Hope this helps you
Dominic Reyes


Murphy's has it for $74.95


Yep.. That's the UK price, with fast worldwide shipping. The first 100 orders also get an extra bonus item included.

It also includes the full ONE YEAR no questions asked return option, so you can take 365 days to examine it, have a play.. think about it, and decide if you will use it or prefer to choose something else instead. ( This is in addition to the usual 30 days you legally have when you order items in the UK)

Full details: https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/silhouette

Hope this helps
Dominic
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2699 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, Dominic Reyes wrote:
I think we might have just seen it.... The item that's going to win the 'BEST OF 2019... In fact... maybe the best thing to hit the magic shop shelves in quite a few years.. .. Tobias deserves a standing ovation.
You get SO much in the set, meaning you can do SO MUCH with this
MoM have it on the site now with FREE worldwide shipping plus an extra gift for the early birds that order here:

https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/silhouette

It's shipping world wide on June 17th.

Hope this helps you
Dominic Reyes


Murphy's has it for $74.95


Yep.. That's the UK price, with fast worldwide shipping. The first 100 orders also get an extra bonus item included.

It also includes the full ONE YEAR no questions asked return option, so you can take 365 days to examine it, have a play.. think about it, and decide if you will use it or prefer to choose something else instead. ( This is in addition to the usual 30 days you legally have when you order items in the UK)

Full details: https://www.magicshop-deals.com/products/silhouette

Hope this helps
Dominic


2nd to none! thanks Dominic Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
professortango
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of professortango
I like the idea, but I hate the idea of spending that much money for a gimmick and fixed animation. The gimmick isn't difficult to figure out since Moto Mods already make something similar, would just need it to add an additional L/S, but I would want the ability to have the effect follow me rather than me follow the fixed effect.
Jed Maxwell
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Jed Maxwell
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, Dominic Reyes wrote:
It also includes the full ONE YEAR no questions asked return option, so you can take 365 days to examine it, have a play.. think about it, and decide if you will use it or prefer to choose something else instead. ( This is in addition to the usual 30 days you legally have when you order items in the UK)


Does this return policy apply to all items in your shop? If so, I'd look at your site first rather than the likes of Vanishing and Penguin.
"You're a mentalist!"
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1405 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, professortango wrote:
I would want the ability to have the effect follow me rather than me follow the fixed effect.


It can.. The shadow can move and actually interact with you.

Hope this helps
Dominic
Jed Maxwell
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Jed Maxwell
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2019, professortango wrote:
I like the idea, but I hate the idea of spending that much money for a gimmick and fixed animation. The gimmick isn't difficult to figure out since Moto Mods already make something similar, would just need it to add an additional L/S, but I would want the ability to have the effect follow me rather than me follow the fixed effect.


I did not know what a Moto Mod was so searched for it. Is this what you mean: https://www.motorola.com/us/products/mot......rojector

I do not think that would create a convincing Silhouette-like illusion having a moving image projected from the side of a smartphone. And it costs $199.99.

Cool technology. Gets the mind thinking.
"You're a mentalist!"
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3117 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I think Dominic is very very fair , you get vouchers or credit from the store but never your cash back ( I maybe wrong on that though ) . Still it’s a great gesture and he is a very stand up guy with a great policy imo , Gaz 🙂
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1074 Posts

Profile of taller8
Fyi ......I believe Penguin magic is the only company that offers a cash back option.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2152 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I’ve ordered. Whatever this is I hope this stays underground and doesn’t get out in the American lexicon of what can be done with a gimmick. Things like TT, sticky bubbles, Magic apps and IT are exposed so easily and I hope this technology or gimmick isn’t readily known. So excited. Haven’t get this childlike wonder in awhile.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18325 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Magicshop have refunded me the cash, well, via paypal if you know what I mean...I returned something the same day it was delivered and it was sorted asap...

anyway - cheapest I've seen this in the UK, is at Saturn magic at 70 quid and magicbox at 71.23...

i'm tempted...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Silhouette by Tobias Dostal (120 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL