The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TOCA (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
345 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Hi Does anyone know anything about thought of card across by Morgan and West ? I have purchased it but not received it yet. I’ve searched online and can’t find any info apart from the demo Any experience with this anyone ?
Thanks in advance
https://youtu.be/4dMDpubLmR8
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11727 Posts

Profile of John C
Looks pretty good. Let us know how it turns out.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
no2ss
View Profile
Loyal user
California
293 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Pretty sure I know how it's done, mixing a few relatively common principles, but their version looks super clean, and super well thought out (not surprising given their previous work -- those guys are amazing). Will probably pick this up (looks like it's out of stock now) at some point in the future. You don't exactly "end clean" because of the gimmicked bits but as you can see from the performance demo, there are easy ways to effectively clean up most of the most risky bits long before the effect ends, and I'm guessing most of the "heat" is immediately focused on the card that "moved" and if you were really concerned, you could have a duplicate set ready for those who demanded to "see the cards" after the end of the effect, and you could just pull those out of your pocket rather than the actual cards.
chrom
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of chrom
I just purchased this. Will give a review as soon as I get it.
chrom
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of chrom
I finally received this. I will say that this is SUPER clean. Many of you can probably guess the mechanism but there is a little "extra" in the black cards that make it stupid easy to pull off. It works great in the spec's hands and as long as you pull off the one or two moves you have to do you will end super clean.

Pros : Easy to perform, very convincing, great patter included on the download.

Cons: If I had to choose one I did not like the "mechanism" for the dirty work. I will most likely switch it over to a Henry Robson product or a little SF. that's not to say it doesn't work but I want it fool proof 100% of the time.

I really like this. It comes in a nice wallet and is perfect for carry around.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4349 Posts

Profile of videoman
I would speculate that this uses a similar method as the Destiny Deck.
I say that because I seem to recall there was a very similar effect taught on that tutorial.
chrom
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of chrom
Videoman. I wouldsay beyond real magic there are only so many many ways to accomplish something. I was surprised at the methods they chose but I think they went for simple, repeatable, and easily accessable. As I stated I am going to make a few modifications to the material used but the routine itself is absolutly solid.
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
421 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Holds the black cards funny, though that may not matter to the spec. Assuming 'Daughter of The King' -type cards, that's why they don't show?
davis1581
View Profile
New user
Bathurts, NSW, Australia.
11 Posts

Profile of davis1581
I have TOCA and I think its great. It is not difficult to do and gets a big response. My only suggestion is that you perform it with 2 people not one. Its one of my favourites routines.
stevefaulkner
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of stevefaulkner
Hi all, Here's my review of TOCA with a 'performance'
https://youtu.be/xZVeSoo6qHQ
Real Magic Review
https://youtube.com/realmagicreview

www.cardmagiccourse.com
IBM UK Close-up champion 2013
Award Winner at The Magic Circle Close-up Magician of the Year 2010
National Street Performing Champion 2009
British Street Performing Champion 2005
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1257 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
That’s not a “performance”. That’s a performance. And a nice one at that.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
stevefaulkner
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of stevefaulkner
That's kind of you to say. Thank you 😊
Real Magic Review

www.cardmagiccourse.com
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Steve, I love watching your reviews. Two thumbs up!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7783 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Me too. 2 thumb tips up from me.
stevefaulkner
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of stevefaulkner
Thanks so much Smile
Real Magic Review

www.cardmagiccourse.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4349 Posts

Profile of videoman
Picked this up for a Black Friday discount from Card-Shark. Really like it a lot.
Fun routine, nicely made, and easy to do. I believe it will be a real fooler to boot.
Perfect for parlour or living room shows. Gets 2 spectators involved and the magic essentially happens in their hands which is always a good thing.
I would love to see it released in Phoenix parlour deck size as well.
no2ss
View Profile
Loyal user
California
293 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2019, videoman wrote:
Picked this up for a Black Friday discount from Card-Shark. Really like it a lot.
Fun routine, nicely made, and easy to do. I believe it will be a real fooler to boot.
Perfect for parlour or living room shows. Gets 2 spectators involved and the magic essentially happens in their hands which is always a good thing.
I would love to see it released in Phoenix parlour deck size as well.

Bah. Missed that they had a Black Friday sale! Oh well, there's always next year, I guess.
thecromulent
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
179 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
I wonder if this is going to be available through other dealers. Does Card Shark usually maintain exclusivity on their products?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4349 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2019, thecromulent wrote:
I wonder if this is going to be available through other dealers. Does Card Shark usually maintain exclusivity on their products?

It really depends.
Typically, Card-Shark will keep it exclusive initially and then at some point begin to wholesale it. How long they keep it exclusive can vary quite a bit. I don't know of any set period of time. Perhaps when initial sales slow somewhat?

Some of their newer releases they have been selling only at conventions and not even on their website. I believe that was true for a while with David Regal's All Alone but then that went out worldwide to dealers pretty quickly.

So only Christian could say for sure when TOCA may be available through other dealers.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4349 Posts

Profile of videoman
TOCA owners, I have a tip to offer you.
I came up with a modified handling of the red cards that makes it even easier to do IMO.
Granted, the method taught is certainly easy enough but I think my slight change makes it even simpler and I think others might agree. So if you own the trick and are interested, feel free to PM me for my tip.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TOCA (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL