The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Where To get Gaffs (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
There are so many great Gaff decks out now & they all contain really good stuff. I have almost every Gaff deck for bicycle deck, you need to check with your magic shop owner & have them get it for you. I go to the Magic Apple they not only have decks but they also have single cards that are gaffed.
HofzinsersFan
View Profile
New user
Scotland
61 Posts

Profile of HofzinsersFan
And there was I thinking magicians made their own gaff cards!
Smile
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

.Smile What do you mean you don't read?

"You cannot BUY a TRICK.
TRICKS, somewhat like music, only exist while they are being PERFORMED.
An EFFECT cannot be BOUGHT either. An EFFECT is what the spectator perceives.
You need to read FITZKEE. --There are only nineteen EFFECTS"
- Dick Oslund, 2019.
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Just learned Card Maker is retiring. Another one gone. Looking for a set of O'Aronson Aces.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
633 Posts

Profile of karnak
Yes, Mimesis Magic seems also to be gone, and now CardMaker Bernd too. Just like Todd Lassen semi-retiring (at least from any specific gaff coins you need made on demand). End of an era?

I assume/hope Marty Martini is still available for custom card gaffs? (Maybe others are there whom I do not know of, who will be the next generation of card gaffers. And ditto for coin gaffers.)
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
All the great gaffers are retiring..
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5179 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Not all of the greats are gone. https://www.thehanrahangaffco.com/
I am also sure there are some underground gaffers who will rise to the occasion if needed.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of towledge
Does anyone know if Todd Lassen is still available? No phone or email response.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
633 Posts

Profile of karnak
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2020, towledge wrote:
Does anyone know if Todd Lassen is still available? No phone or email response.

No idea. But you might have better luck getting more helpful responses by posting your inquiry in the "Trick Coin Trickery" sub-forum. (This one's actually just on card gaffs.)
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
DadMagic
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of DadMagic
Hate to bring up old thread, but I went to buy another ID from Mimesis Magic and it seems they are closed down. The one I have is getting old, but it was the best I ever used. Anyone know of someone selling ID made the same way Mimesis Magic made them? I’m assuming it was some type of fluid because they stunk to high heaven when you first got them, but the handling was superb compared to roughing stick decks. Anyone know what fluid was used or comparable ID to Mimesis Magic out there?
Nikodemus
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Science Friction is excellent.
You can buy a Phoenix deck ID for 20 euros/$20.
Just be aware that the SF is only applied to half the cards, so you can't create your own setup (which I wanted to). They use the 13's system.

https://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page......rtID=315

Or you can buy the SF spray and make your own ID. The spray kit costs 80euro / $95.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Where To get Gaffs (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL