The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Nicolas Pierri LIVE ACT (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5185 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Nicolas Pierri LIVE ACT is coming soon (June 16) to Penguin. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12062
I remember when he was a new member here. A relatively unknown young magician from Argentina who graced us with a couple effects in the card section and the coin section. These went on to be best sellers on Nontricks website "My Truth" (a fantastic card routine) and "What is Skill, what is Magic, why does it Happen?" (a coin routine that wasn't what everyone else was doing at the time). Along with the "Live Act" I believe he shot some one offs with Penguin during his tour that will release later.

What I really remember was the amount of time he put into interesting patter rather than knuckle busting sleights and I praised him early on for that and knew then we would be seeing a lot more from him in the future. Since then, he released his book (in spanish and english - now ebook only) "Faro Poetry" - A wonderful fresh look at the Faro shuffle and some great effects that utilize it. This caught the attention of some very big names in magic and got him invited to 4F for the last couple years. From there, lecture requests began and Penguin states the next chunk of his magic life nicely

"Who is he?
Nicolás Pierri is a Latin American FISM prize winner from Argentina. In the last couple of years Nicolás has given lectures in over seven countries! He spent five months traveling around Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Chile, Peru, and Spain giving workshops and performing his one man show. He then came to tour all across the United States, which included a week of performing at the Chicago Magic Lounge, as well as a week run at the world famous Magic Castle, in Hollywood California."

and he did 4F this year and lectured his way to Columbus to do the Penguin Live but still had time to get to his time slot at the Magic Castle again recently.

What I like most about him is that even with the fast rise in the realm of "big names" he has been able to be invited to, He still always has time for the "little people" (Like Me) Smile We connected here after he first started posting his work and used Facebook Messenger to keep in touch. He always takes time to work with others and is a VERY approachable person.

I have ZERO affiliation with Penguin or Nontricks. I just feel a need to put this "Out there". So many effects, books and videos come out with very well thought out words from other big names giving glowing reviews to each other (most of us see right thru that stuff though). I am just a regular (Semi-Pro now) magician who has been a worker, walked the walk and talked the talk.

Now I would like to introduce my friend Nicolas to those of you who have not met him yet. Check out his live show, don't be afraid to shoot him a PM and introduce yourself to him. As I predicted way back in 2013 about his card effect "My Truth"...

Quote:
On Sep 15, 2013, Poof-Daddy wrote:
After really watching it several times, I saw it very differently (and refreshing). It tells a story that is entangled perfectly with the cards and the moves. I would venture to guess that a spectator could become so involved in the story (patter) that they almost forget they are "seeing a magic trick" then POW! "How did that happen? where did the Kings go? Holy..."

This is clever as heck. it would be almost impossible to think back and "reverse engineer" how it happened because it flows so beautifully with the patter. The effect in itself is really cool but the story just gives it that extra "umph" that seems to lack in many mass marketed effects.

I'm pretty sure I am going to pay a lot more attention to my patter on some effects I have been "just going through the paces with" for years. Not that some effects and the patter that "came with the instructions" aren't still great effects as is. Just that I see a way now to blow some dust off the shelves and bring some new life into some old tricks.

well done and thanks for the lesson. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
372 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Wow my friend super thank you for you mega KIND words!!!! I really apreciate em 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗😊😊😊😊🌌💧🔥🧙🏻‍♂️
--------Magician and director at NONTRICKS.COM--------
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5185 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Tonight is the night. Don't miss it. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12062

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5185 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
This was a great act. Very well thought out and put together to flow nicely. A complete act using only 54 cards and no complex sleight of hand (even though Nico is quite capable). There were a couple things that happened during the act that go by totally unnoticed until the interview portion where Nico and Dan Harlan talk about how flawlessly they were handled. It is a great lesson in audience management too. Very engaging and some great opportunities for random comedy. Well worth it.

Smile Smile
DVHarris
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of DVHarris
Let me start off by saying that I am a fan... A BIG fan. Nico, has shared some of his most elegant, well conceived magic on this download, and the surprise is that the material is so accessible. These are solid, entertaining effects that get great responses from your audiences. And the methods are delightfully simple. The average magician will have no difficulty putting some of these routines into his repertoire.

Do not hesitate. Add this Penguin:LIVE to your library.
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
372 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Thank you for your kind words Poof I really think it was nice to have those special moments so now people can see how I managed to overcome em Smile and I love when those happen cuz it conects me to the here abd the now Smile
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
372 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Dv Harris : thank you for those words My friend comming from you they mean a LOT to me I love your work and your persona 🤗🤗🤗
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2585 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Having received a review copy of Nico's live act, I was excited to dive in because I’ve loved his past work with “Faro Poetry” which goes into a lot of off-the-beaten-path ideas with the faro, which I found wonderfully refreshing.

This is a card act where nothing but an ungimmicked deck is used. The routines are all very workable for an average card worker and are all ideally placed for close-up or parlor work.

His enthusiasm for the material carries over into his presentation. He's got the energy of a young Juan Tamariz. Well, maybe not THAT much energy--let's call him 80% Juan! His scripting conveys the idea that deeper mysteries lurk below the surface. These messages may not resonate with everyone, but the takeaway is to figure out how YOU can update your presentation to make it about something more meaningful than finding a card.

Case in point, my favorite routine is one where a spectator makes a series of choices resulting in the implausible selection of his own card (A practical routine that heavily involves the spectator). At the end, a la Peter Turner, he gives the spectator the choice to NOT look at the result, but relies of the audience's response. He is allowed to keep the card, to verify the success later, or perhaps not at all. Suspending the reveal for the spectator gives the routine a genuine sense of harmonic dissonance--to borrow a musical phrase. Of course, one-on-one it wouldn't be an effective technique, but in front of the audience, it was the perfect ending.

But my favorite moment happened early on in the live act. The very first spectator did not follow instructions correctly and consequently did something “wrong.” Nico didn’t hesitate, he didn’t bat an eye, he just kept plowing forward and salvaged the entire routine. I wish that more of these live acts had more of these moments in them because what truly separates the duffers from the pros is in their ability to stay on track and not get thrown when something wrong. Needless to say, he handled it beautifully.

Final verdict: If you are looking for some card material that is practical, doesn't require gimmicked cards or decks, and involves the spectators a lot, then it's something I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Great job, Nico!!
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
372 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Thank you for your review Steven !!! Jaajaja 80 percent juans energy ahahaha that's still a lot xD
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Nicolas Pierri LIVE ACT (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL