The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Penn & Teller: Fool Us Season Six (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mclose
View Profile
V.I.P.
306 Posts

Profile of mclose
The sixth season of Penn & Teller: Fool Us begins on June 17, with an episode titled, “David Copperfield vs. Penn & Teller.” Also appearing on this show are Jan Reinder, Ondrej Psenicka, and Giancarlo Bernini. Subsequent episodes are: “They’re Back!” (June 24 – Javi Benitez, Rebecca Herrera, Helen Coghlan, and Danny Cole), “Penn & Teller vs. Inventors” (July 1 – Arkadia, Harry Keaton, Jandro, and Derek Selinger), “Penn & Teller Cure the Common Code” (July 8 – Anna DeGuzman, Raffaele Scircoli, Allen Abbott, and Axel Hecklau), and “Penn & Teller Hit the Streets” (July 15 – Adrián Carratalá, Kevin Blake, Ryan Stock and Amberlynn, and Christopher Castellini).

Even though everyone involved with season six was under the dark cloud of Johnny Thompson’s hospitalization, season six produced some great moments that I’m sure you will enjoy. The program airs on Mondays at 8 p.m. with a replay on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. on the CW Network.
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Signet
I have been watching ever week and really am enjoying this season. It's good to see them mixing things up a little. I liked when they did he trick for Copperfield and he was the judge.
Merenkov
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
I'm intrigued by Hans Petter Secker's version of Gemini Twins with 3 cards instead of the usual 2 (in the episode that aired 7-29-19), but I feel like there was some creative video editing that occurred during his performance, particularly before he gets to that critical third card. Zoe LeFleur, also in this episode, was a doll (and I assume the eponymous 6th grader referred to in the episode's title).
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Enjoy the show. On the last episode, there was an illusion with a crossword puzzle. The performer did a fine job, but claimed it was a 1 of a kind illusion. It's actually a Jim Steinmeyer creation. It's found in The Conjuring Anthology. Yes, he changed the words and presentation. However, the illusion and method are exactly as in the book. He did say his father built it, so maybe he just meant that it was 1 of a kind because of that?
mclose
View Profile
V.I.P.
306 Posts

Profile of mclose
Here is the line-up of acts for the second half of season six of Fool Us.

SUNDAY
9/8 8PM "Penn & Teller vs. Inventors" (R)
Arkadia
Harry Keaton
Jandro
Derek Selinger

MONDAY
9/9 8PM "The Mind Noodler"
Scott Green
Matt Donnelly
Doc Dixon
Sangsoon Kim

MONDAY
9/16 8PM “Penn & Teller Hit the Streets” (R)
Adrián Carratalá
Kevin Blake
Ryan Stock and AmberLynn
Christopher Castellini

SUNDAY
9/22 8PM “The Mind Noodler” (R)
Scott Green
Matt Donnelly
Doc Dixon
Sangsoon Kim

MONDAY
9/23 8PM “Magic Is Bad For Your Health”
Lucy Darling
Nestor Hato
Alfonso Rituerto
Keelan Leyser and Matt Daniel-Baker

WEDNESDAY
9/25 8PM “Magic Is Bad For Your Health” (R)
Lucy Darling
Nestor Hato
Alfonso Rituerto
Keelan Leyser and Matt Daniel-Baker

MONDAY
9/30 8PM “Virtual Reality”
Woody Aragon
Denny Corby
Sinbad Max
John Walton
Merenkov
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict Woody Aragon is going to fool them, and fool them badly...
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Can't wait to see Woody Aragon, and many thanx for putting him on the Vegas stage. Thank you to the all the people behind Fool Us! Lynn
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Loved seeing Nestor Hato bring back a forgotten thing! Really have to dig that one back out sometime...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19733 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What an absolutely wonderful show. A celebration of magic every episode.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Merenkov
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
Woody should have stuck to one of his self-working, or mathematical style tricks. While not as visual for the camera, those are the ones that usually fool P&T
dancecoach
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of dancecoach
In the latest episode, Denny Corby performs a mental routine where he forces a total price of fairly chosen items from a menu.

Can anyone point me to this trick or drop a name that I can research?

Thanks,
Andreas
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2019, Merenkov wrote:
Woody should have stuck to one of his self-working, or mathematical style tricks. While not as visual for the camera, those are the ones that usually fool Penn and Teller

I absolutely loved Woody's routine and was fooled wonderfully. What was amusing was watching Penn and Teller at their notes fron the start. Like you know they did some serious homework, and (among friends) had a reputation to defend. Love every episode. Lynn
Dave the Knave
View Profile
Regular user
Cochise County, Arizona
131 Posts

Profile of Dave the Knave
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2019, dancecoach wrote:
In the latest episode, Denny Corby performs a mental routine where he forces a total price of fairly chosen items from a menu.

Can anyone point me to this trick or drop a name that I can research?

Thanks,
Andreas

This bears a resemblance https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S26948
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Re the Denny Corby routine, Penn did in fact refer to Steinmeyer. I love this stage effect which can also include children or even a couple. Lynn
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
828 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2019, lynnef wrote:
Re the Denny Corby routine, Penn did in fact refer to Steinmeyer. I love this stage effect which can also include children or even a couple. Lynn

Indeed he did.

I think the early mention was Josh Farley who did the crossword puzzle trick straight out of Conjuring Anthology.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Penn & Teller: Fool Us Season Six (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL