The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Matt Sconce SPIN - favorite convex base? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deanpickles
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of deanpickles
I'm trying to find something that provides a good platform for a pen, but also something that I'd be likely to carry around with me. Perhaps a tube of chapstick, for example, or a wide Sharpie? (Bottles of hand moisturizer seem... awkward... and a bottle of shampoo just seems weird.) Does anyone have a favorite product that they use?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1502 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Would a bottle of water work? Perhaps a cola bottle? Perhaps just the cap of one?
I do not have the trick so I do not know the requirements but after watching the demo on big bird, and seeing a card spin also, the bottle cap seems likely.
Jerry
View Profile
Special user
Some where in Florida
995 Posts

Profile of Jerry
This same dilemma stump me also for a separate, but similar routine. My answer is to carry a ball and brass tube by Viking:

https://www.vikingmagic.com/product/ball......riginal/

Although I have not actually tried this, but this seems to be the most logical answer. This way you carry two items that can be used. Does it have to be a cap?
deanpickles
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of deanpickles
Interesting idea! I don't want to go too much into the method, but nope, doesn't have to be a cap.
deanpickles
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of deanpickles
And @Wravyn, yep -- that's the standard optimal solution. But inside the castle, where I'll be doing this mostly, a bottle feels a little declasse. (If that makes sense.)
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1502 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Perhaps a card box? Maybe a stack of coins? Perhaps a key fob that’s on your key ring? A tic tac container?
Jerry
View Profile
Special user
Some where in Florida
995 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Or, an Okito coin box?
Quarter size perhaps?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21783 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
How about a glue stick, you can make a joke about it. or you can put some glue on a playing card, as a base, that way the glue stick will not fall over.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Matt Sconce SPIN - favorite convex base? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL