The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Your favorite way of invisibly reversing one card (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
AceOfShades
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of AceOfShades
I am a fan of Randy Wakeman's Throwing It In Reverse. That and a couple of Ken Krenzels moves that I think have already been mentioned like the Invisible Reverse Transfer. They are pretty much invisible and instantly get cards reversed into the middle. I don't have tricks for them but when I need the moves they're going to be very handy.
holdingoutflat
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of holdingoutflat
I use a method that I stumbled upon (that has likely already been discovered and is in print somewhere) that reverses any number of cards from the top of the deck and it requires a top palm and then a spreading action/squirt move under a spread. I've found it to be extremely reliable and invisible.
Mr Salk
View Profile
Elite user
Tied to
494 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
I'm enjoying the Spread Gather Reverse from Lorayne's and Finally! Smooth little maneuver for some effects.

magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6158 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Double Olah Reverse- Lorayne
Mr Salk
View Profile
Elite user
Tied to
494 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
I personally prefer methods that give me some space from spec memory.
The Braue Reversal is invisible and perfectly workable, but surely there are retrospective-shenanigans with the packets reversing.

Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Bob G
An interesting comment, Mr Salk. I have little performance experience, but I've fretted about this issue too. Braue is the only reversal I know. Jerry Mentzer says that it passes as a showy cut, but I've always been skeptical of that. I suppose it depends on the circumstances.

Can you (or anyone) recommend a quicker reversal that's less obtrusive -- and fairly easy to learn? I know this thread is bursting at the seams with ideas, but I don't know how to decide which ones would suit my purposes. I don't have the money to buy everything people suggest, and often people just name the sleight, possibly with just a reference.

So, to recapitulate -- can anyone recommend a reversal that's reasonably easy to learn and to disguise? After months of work, with lots of generous help from people on the Café, I've got an Elmsley Count that one person described as "Solid -- not the best I've ever seen, but far from the worst." So maybe something at that level of difficulty or below.

Thanks,

Bob
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Bob G
P. S. After writing the above, I lightly read the whole thread again, and realized that there's much more discussion than I'd remembered of advantages and drawbacks of various reversals. Nevertheless, it would help me to hear suggestions specifically in answer to y question.
AceOfShades
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of AceOfShades
I'm working on a book/pamphlet thing that includes at least a good half-dozen reversals but unfortunately it is quite a ways from being done. I really like Krenzel's reverses but his book may be hard to get a hold of. For an easier move that doesn't require a book I do suggest trying some of the moves that involve a DL. I think that kind of thing may be in The Royal Road to Card Magic but the concept or similar is covered in a few Twisting the Aces routines I have seen on YouTube as well.
jim ferguson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ayrshire, Scotland
206 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
Bob G,

Can you pm me the trick(s) that you need the reversal(s) for ?

I may be able to help.

Jim
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6158 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2019, Mr Salk wrote:
I personally prefer methods that give me some space from spec memory.
The Braue Reversal is invisible and perfectly workable, but surely there are retrospective-shenanigans with the packets reversing.

No. Not if the actions are motivated.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Jim, thanks. I've PM'd you.

Thanks to you, too, Ace of Shades, I actually have the Ken Krenzel book, but found the reversals difficult to follow. That's nothing against Lorayne's writing, which is quite clear. Much as I like books, I'm beginning to think that I learn sleights better from videos, or at least in conjunction with videos, if they're well-done and explained slowly enough. I'll look for some twisting the aces videos and see if one helps me. Meanwhile, good luck with your book!

Bob
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2019, Mr Salk wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2019, Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2019, magicfish wrote:
"I believe that reversal is Daley's."

...better ask for your 5 bucks back.

Why?

It's the reversal Vernon uses in Twisting the Aces. I'm pretty sure Daley deserves credit for it, but am away from home at the moment and can't verify.

I first learned that method years ago out of Bill Tarr's book Now You See It Now You Don't page 50 no credits given. Still use it.

Nobody deserved credit for something so obvious. Any hack who perused Royal Road would figure it out in five minutes while dinking around.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6158 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Wait til you hear what he says about dupes.
Better sit down and have a drink first.
danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
254 Posts

Profile of danny
Marlo's future reverse works well.
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
The best way to reverse a card INVISIBLY will be mentioned in a minute. People suspect more than you think. Just because they don't notice something does not mean they did not keep it to themselves. So when I started this, I meant INVISIBLY with the heat on. For me the best way is to bend the card around, covering the front subtly with a finger. It stands up to the heat. I will give this away soon. It is an impossible and invisible reverse. Nobody would suspect you could do it. While watching from the front. I know misdirection is good. But you can't make it work all the time. This reversal of mine allows an invisible deck or brainwave with regular cards. It is nice to hand out the cards when you are done. no biggie. But I appreciate the discussion. Yes there are reversals for different situations. I appreciate all the contributors here. Great thread.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, Danny and countrymaven. Danny, I'll look up Marlo's future reverse.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8334 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
All the reversals mentioned here are fine - when properly done, of course. But since what was/is asked is for a "favorite," my Universal Reversal has reached the top of my list. I've fooled knowledgeable card men all over the world with it - before I put it I print. It's easy to do, and etc. If you don't know it, forgive the repetition, but - you really gotta' start reading the good stuff!!
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Your favorite way of invisibly reversing one card (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL