The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Invisible Writer by Esteban Manazza? (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Me too I'm deciding to buy vernet band writer but the new one is much more interesting
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Would be nice to hear something more from the inventor Mr.Manazza. I am intrigued by the different holding.
marcobasi
View Profile
New user
italy
39 Posts

Profile of marcobasi
Could be something similar to the invisible thumb tip?
winklersmagicwarehouse.com/product/invisible-thumb-tip-vernet/
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Mr Manazza gave me some details on the invisible writer.
i must say the idea is clever and the gimmick gives the impression the hand is empty if the simple sleight is well done.
i cannot give a practical review because I have not used it but the method appears to be confortable.
it can be adapted to fit well to your finger
Manazza had a good idea. for practical testing in closeup I must wait mine for checking the practical side.
i have sweat hand I do not know if this cam be a issue. I don think but I must try
Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
I am sure this will be a winner. compliments Mr.Manazza you have done a good job.
i like also the invisibility factor it can fool the already in the known ones
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
This sounds promising thanks for the updates, keep them coming Smile
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Okay I got mine today. It is something different than I've seen before, but it seems like a good idea.

So.... It's not a band or a boon or thumb tip, but has some aspects of all them.

So the 'invisible' part isn't necessarily while it's in place. When in position it's a little less visible than a band but probably more visible than a boon. It's uniqueness is that you can very easily get it in position and then out of the way with a little move. It can be 'stashed' on another finger while you write with your pencil or even flash your thumb, and then you can do a simple little move to get it on.

I'm not sure this will replace my Vernet band writer as the band fits my thumb pretty well, but for some this could definitely be an improvement. While the Vernet band isn't adjustable, this one can fit a wide range of thumb sizes. I definitely like this better than a boon, as I've never gotten comfortable with adhesive and stability is also an issue for some of them.

Seems good, I can see this being a good choice for some people's needs.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
LL - thanks for the helpful review!
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Thanks too for that excellent review. When it becomes available in the UK, will definitely be buying one.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2706 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thanks for the detailed review, helps a lot!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Okay I got mine today. It is something different than I've seen before, but it seems like a good idea.

So.... It's not a band or a boon or thumb tip, but has some aspects of all them.

So the 'invisible' part isn't necessarily while it's in place. When in position it's a little less visible than a band but probably more visible than a boon. It's uniqueness is that you can very easily get it in position and then out of the way with a little move. It can be 'stashed' on another finger while you write with your pencil or even flash your thumb, and then you can do a simple little move to get it on.

I'm not sure this will replace my Vernet band writer as the band fits my thumb pretty well, but for some this could definitely be an improvement. While the Vernet band isn't adjustable, this one can fit a wide range of thumb sizes. I definitely like this better than a boon, as I've never gotten comfortable with adhesive and stability is also an issue for some of them.

interesting to see your opinion for the writing and position keeping of the gimmick. mine should arrive next week
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:

good to know it works fine
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Seems stable enough after a little testing. While I don't necessarily like the fact that magic shops often post pictures of writers, I think in this case it might be good for potential buyers to actually see what this is. The *method* itself isn't really a secret....

Is Esteban Manazza a member here? I wonder if he would mind if we started a thread downstairs with a touch more info. I definitely don't want to expose anything here in the public forum, but I wonder if he would mind a little more info being shared in the private area...
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Esteban contacted me and asked me to let everyone know that he's available to answer questions directly. I won't post his email here publicly so he doesn't get spammed, but I will share it via PM if anyone wants it.

He also said if we collected some questions or concerns he'd be happy to make a video addressing them all.

He doesn't speak english, but google translate works amazingly these days and you'd never know.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2706 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
You truly are a blessing for the Café, LL! Helping out both fellow magicians and creators Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Magicians helping magicians.

A very big thank you.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I think these are the best writers out there... And I've gone through pretty much every kind except under nail ones...

Some of the techniques taught remind me of (I think) some handlings taught by John Riggs in his GwFoC series on how to display your hand...

I'll be buying a couple more for sure...

The design reminds me of the one Rich Hennessey used to make, but he never sold them, but made them for some of us... Though the method of attachment is different and so is the size...

Excellent product...
I've asked to be banned
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Two endorsements from two experts. This means a lot.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thanks guys, and ditto to what Neil said Smile
Gonna place an order.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I've never had much success with writers. After seeing LL's and IAIN's reviews, perhaps it's time I take the time and try another one.
Thank you both.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Invisible Writer by Esteban Manazza? (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL