The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Identification request (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mrcross
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of mrcross
I wonder if anyone can assist in identifying the origin (maker) of two coin boxes I've acquired? Both are nicely chrome plated with smooth edges.

The first one is this

as you can see a half dollar is a loose fit and it has the Gerald Bruning (Bruno) gimmick for the Okito Box Glittering Finale described in New Modern Coin Magic p504

The second one is a combination of the Mulholland and the Al-'N-Nate boxes. The Mulholland gimmick is made from an old style 10p but the post is recessed with the centre painted white so you can perform the Al-'N-Nate handkerchief routine without needing the recessed bottom. It takes four coins, I use 2 x two pound coins and two old style 10p.

These two images are both sides of the box, lid and gimmick

This is the box upside down with the gimmick on it

and this is the box right way up loaded with 2 x two pound coins alternating with 2 x 10p coins. As you can see the appearance is to all intents and purposes identical.

I'm very pleased with these and would love to know where they come from and to have recommendations for any additional routines using them.

Mike
ottphd
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of ottphd
Coin box concepts vol.1 and vol.2 J Burke Whittaker
Just great information and wonderful performance
mrcross
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of mrcross
Many thanks I'll try to get copies.

Mike
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
I would say maybe try sending these images to J. Burke Whittaker he seems to know a lot about coin boxes.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
The first one looks A LOT like Howie Schwarzman's coin box. My box set came with two magnetic E. pennies and two (Walking) halves. The lid is steel and attracted to the pennies.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Nunhunter
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Nunhunter
I have a set that looks very similar to the first picture, the only difference is the edges of the lid aren't smooth like on yours...but maybe yours has just been used more.

Mine is called The Fade Away Coin Box and was produced by Supreme (the instructions say copyright 1976)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Identification request (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL