The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blank Inside by Kyle Purnell (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Got this email from VI just as I was needing to kill some time. Looked interesting so I picked it up. I already knew I liked the effect but was pleasantly surprised to find that I really love the method as well.

Cool effect and you’re left clean at the end with a Blizzard type of climax. Not hard to do either, you can make it as hard or as simple as your card abilities allow. Tiny bit of super easy math required.

I recommend it.

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......-inside/
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Kind of fun to watch. But how many tricks are we gonna have where the cards end up blank at the end??

I have a bunch of them in my set, and it seems like everyday we have a new effect come out where the deck ends up blank.

Just my two cents.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
magikyle
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of magikyle
Hey videoman! Thanks for the recommendation and the support. Very much appreciated.glad you dig it!

Hey DaffyDoug! Thanks for your input. I totally agree that quite often we have a highly saturated magic market. And there are absolutely tons of blank effects out there. That's actually one of the reasons why chose to bring this out... Its a blizzard type effect that has no deck switch, gimmicks, or equivoque...it provides a method for those who have wanted to do this style of effect but haven't found a way in the past that they've been happy with.
Oh, also, it doesn't have to be a blank deck. I go over a few ideas on the download so you could do the effect without a blank deck finale Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You mean like with jokers, instead?
magikyle
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of magikyle
I suppose you could. You could also use a regular deck with Xs across the face... You could also do it face up, and do a Brainwave style effect...really anything.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I like the X's across the face. That's different. I've seen a plethora of "All blanks" or "all jokers" in my time. The X's are different. Only effect I'm aware of that ends like that is "X" by Jay Sankey, which is an iteration of Branwave deck.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3510 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
This does look good.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
This blew my mind when Kyle showed it to me last year! It is very cleverly constructed and the blank deck ending was a total surprise to me.

To those complaining about the blank deck aspect, you have to remember 99% of your audiences haven’t seen a blank deck. When that moment arrives, it hits them in the teeth.

I think this is a fabulous blank deck routine since everything can be examined and there are no switches necessary.

Madison
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I don't think daffy was arguing against a blank deck trick in the set but how many can you do? One is enough. I suppose there are many to choose from.

It's such a easy trick to put together and be clever with in creating is why there are so many.
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
Hi, I have a question about the conditions please, can we do it on walk-around? Or do we have to be seated?
magikyle
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of magikyle
Hi Ypnoze,
I always do this table hopping Smile you absolutely do not need to be seated...although some sort of surface is almost necessary.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
What if they call out the number 6 ?
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
The FAQ at the bottom of the vanishing ink page makes it clear that any number between 1-30 can be named. Some numbers are "more theatrical" than others, but any is possible.

I have to admit that I'm impressed, its a very very cool trick.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
While the FAQ makes it clear that you can name a low number, I'd like to see a performance where someone says 1, 2, or 3.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Since in the context of the routine they believe it is a time limit, if someone were to name a very low number I think I would just say “I'm good but not that good, how about a 2 digit number, at least give me a fighting chance”. I don’t believe that would weaken the effect at all. In fact, I may even steer them between 15 and 30 from the outset, but you don’t have to as any number under 30 can be named.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Just watched the demo and I actually think this plot using the blank deck makes a lot of sense since the number the spectator names was the only cards in the deck adding up to that number. Love it, great idea!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
magikyle
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of magikyle
Thanks so much for the kind words and support RNK Smile
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Kyle performed this for me earlier this year and the blank ending really took me by surprise. So glad to see this has been released as it is a great approach to the plot that is very clever, easy to do and all the actions are motivated. I highly recommend it!
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, John C wrote:
I don't think daffy was arguing against a blank deck trick in the set but how many can you do? One is enough. I suppose there are many to choose from.

Dozens! Literally!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2019, daffydoug wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, John C wrote:

Dozens! Literally!

So what’s the big deal?
Not sure I understand this line of thought.
I'm sure the world doesn’t NEED any more 4 ace tricks either but that doesn’t mean I want all creators to stop creating them.

It just so happens that this new release is now probably my favorite blank deck effect. It’s full of surprises, you can show off a bit with your card skills (or not), the cards that get removed end up being different than anyone will expect, having cards add up to a selected number is something very few spectators will have seen before, you lead them down a certain path and make a sharp left turn that no one will see coming, and that’s all before you even reveal the blank deck.
AND then you hit 'em with the kicker and all can be examined without the deck ever leaving their sight.

This routine is intelligent and entertaining and really packs a punch. It has a lot going for it and discounting it as just another blank deck trick is kind of missing the entire point IMO.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blank Inside by Kyle Purnell (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL