We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blank Inside by Kyle Purnell (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
686 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Great! This is really the type of trick where "you lead them down the garden path, then turn the hose on"
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2546 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I am also voting for this as a good trick. Can be done without the climax and still a pretty good trick.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1698 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I saw the video was 4 min and didn't watch it at first. Read the thread, then watched it and now I am intrigued. Just might have to buy this.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1698 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Well, that didn't last long. I was going to show my daughter the demo and then went, "Wait, No! I want to do this for you." So I caved and bought this.

Oh man this is freakin' devious. Great flexible story that perfectly leads into the climax. The trick would be good just for the number reveal. Finishing with the blank deck is a strong 1+2 punch that astonishes (I love Josh's I hate you). The fact that you end clean is really satisfying, especially for how easy it is to tidy up the ending.

I may have to repurpose my Alpha deck for this trick, it's that good.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1906 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Wow. Repurpose Alpha deck? I remember we both commented in another thread on how much we like that (and how we thought WPR were wrong in their judgement). That's about as strong a recommendation as you could give me, then Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1906 Posts

Ok, just watched the trailer. Great effect, perfect double kicker. I think only card magicians can listen to that patter without losing the will to live. But that's easy to solve. Hat's off for creating this.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2546 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Agree, you tell the story you want but a pretty cool effect and nothing to break or wear out
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3960 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I agree that I did not care for the story Kyle used. However, the story can certainly be changed to suit your own style. The effect itself is terrific. Very easy to do and no switching. IT is a real fooler and it packs a one two punch.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
949 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2019, Kaliix wrote:
Well, that didn't last long. I was going to show my daughter the demo and then went, "Wait, No! I want to do this for you." So I caved and bought this.

Oh man this is freakin' devious. Great flexible story that perfectly leads into the climax. The trick would be good just for the number reveal. Finishing with the blank deck is a strong 1+2 punch that astonishes (I love Josh's I hate you). The fact that you end clean is really satisfying, especially for how easy it is to tidy up the ending.

I may have to repurpose my Alpha deck for this trick, it's that good.

I was so excited when they invited me to be a part of this trailer. I love Kyle's work, and knew I was in for an awesome surprise. I stand by what I said in the trailer. I hate you Kyle haha this is so good
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1698 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I think it's better than Alpha deck.

I really like the story. Never been a card mechanic, cheating at cheating is inherently funny.

The story makes sense. The number is the count. The number is the reveal.

A kicker that equals AD. I personally think this is a better kicker b/c the number reveal is strong in and of itself. Then when you're trying to figure that out, the blank deck causes the trail to evaporate before their eyes.

There is much more room for your personality to show in this effect. If one stays with the CM story, the reveals can be played straight, very serious, half-joking, lennart green style, whatever...

Honestly, this won't replace AD b/c it now gives me two effects that can pretty much use the same blank deck. Options are great. Can you do that blank deck trick? Sorry, I don't have it but let me show you another. I bet if I think about it, I could probably come up with a way to clean up AD while doing BI.

Yeah, good stuff.

Quote:
On Jun 19, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Wow. Repurpose Alpha deck? I remember we both commented in another thread on how much we like that (and how we thought WPR were wrong in their judgement). That's about as strong a recommendation as you could give me, then Smile
~Daniel J. Boorstin
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1323 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Woohoo! That’s so good. I often feel bad buying a magic trick because somebodies work is going in to my live set, that is important to remember.
Great work and great thinking, I’ll be picking this up and supporting the creator and Vanishing Inc for bringing this piece of magic forwards.

Best wishes,

Joel
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
magikyle
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of magikyle
Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! Can't tell you how much I appreciate the support Smile
I totally get that the 'cheat cheater' story isn't for everyone... I love that it is an absurd type of premise, and it fits me well...but feel free change up the premise however you deem fit.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1906 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 19, 2019, magikyle wrote:
Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! Can't tell you how much I appreciate the support Smile
I totally get that the 'cheat cheater' story isn't for everyone... I love that it is an absurd type of premise, and it fits me well...but feel free change up the premise however you deem fit.

To me it felt like watching Sheldon doing a magic trick for Leonard, Raj and Howard. Smile
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1698 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I've created a "view" of the possibilities for those who may benefit from seeing the results differently. I hand wrote it, but I might go ahead and input it digitally, so I can easily manipulate and sort the "view" if there is any interest. In creating this view, it became apparent that there are certain combinations that I think benefit from a "refined" approach. It also made me think of a way to frame the ending to continue the path Kyle set it on, bring it full circle and frame the climax.

For any of you who desire other blank deck options, there is a good list here, that this trick was added to.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1906 Posts

I don't have this now and I'm not sure if I'll buy it, but thanks for your offer to share that, Kaliix! Very nice of you. I'll keep it in mind.
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of leosx1
Awesome effect ! I like to have the spectator name the number while all the cards are still in the case. Then use Mike Kirbys / X-Act method to remove the necessary amount of cards from the case. My presentation goes in direction of a premonition dream where the cards are prepared in such a way that they

will allow me to extract them with my eyes closed / blindfolded.
magikyle
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of magikyle
Kaliix: That's very kind of you for being will to share that...would love to check it out.
leosx1: That's a really clever idea! I am familiar the X-Act method, but I can't seem to figure out how logistically it would work. I would be very interested to see how you figured out how to make it work with that method.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5590 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, leosx1 wrote:
Awesome effect ! I like to have the spectator name the number while all the cards are still in the case. Then use Mike Kirbys / X-Act method to remove the necessary amount of cards from the case. My presentation goes in direction of a premonition dream where the cards are prepared in such a way that they

I'm with magikyle, I'd like to know how you accomplish this using the X-act method.
PM me please.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1698 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I can't see the X-act method working with the trick as constructed. There are five times as many possibilities.

I've considered both Tool and the UCCU/TKO for tidying this up, but honestly, it doesn't need to be that complicated, though if one already has the UCCU/TKO, it would seem that gimmick is made for this effect, in other than impromptu situations

Quote:
On Jun 30, 2019, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, leosx1 wrote:

I'm with magikyle, I'd like to know how you accomplish this using the X-act method.
PM me please.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
877 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, Kaliix wrote:

I've considered both Tool and the UCCU/TKO for tidying this up, but honestly, it doesn't need to be that complicated, though if one already has the UCCU/TKO, it would seem that gimmick is made for this effect, in other than impromptu situations

Hmm. Already had BI on the wishlist, but as someone who loves UCCU (and also likes Tool), I'm even more tempted to bump it up towards the top of the list.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blank Inside by Kyle Purnell (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL