The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Oxf (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1430 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
I was surprised, but after recently purchasing a really nice clad Kennedy OXF from RK (with his pro-flpr, I realized I had nothing in my files with a basic routine for OXF.

Suggestions?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1924 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
One place to start is the routine it was created / named for - Eric Jones' Oxyclean Coin Routine.
Originally on his "An Extension of Me" DVD set, possibly published elsewhere.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
2890 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
So, I have a routine I do with a gvty flipper + [. I guess it doesn't utilize all the properties of the OxF but I believe it should work fine at least. If the 'Pro flipper' isn't a gvty flipper (I'm not familiar with them) then there would be a slight change of the handling, but I've done it that way too.

I use quarters, but I don't see why halves wouldn't work. It's kind of a pseudo hypnosis type thing.

Here's the effect as seen by the audience.

I lay out 5 quarters on the table and show them. Then I stack them on the table and take 2 of them into my left palm. I show that there are 2 on my palm and 3 on the table.

"Have you ever been hypnotized? Well, this is sort of like that, it works by suggestion. When I snap my fingers, you won't be able to see a coin that's in my hand. Ready?"

I close my left hand, then reach in with my right fingers, removing an 'invisible' coin and putting it on the tabled stack.

"Did you see it? No?"

I show that indeed there is now only one quarter in my left hand and there are now 4 on the table.

"Okay, look I'll do it one more time."

I lay out the 4 coins from the table on my left palm, overlapping. Then I close my hand, reach in with my right fingers to remove an 'invisible' coin. I hold 'it' up.

"Can you see this? no?" I put the invisible coin in my pocket. Then, I open my left hand to show, indeed, that there are only 3 coins (and one in the pocket if you want).

"I'll go ahead and try it one more time, but usually by the third time the suggestion starts to wear off. You might actually see something this time."

I show the 3 coins in my left palm then close my hand. I reach in for a coin, and lo and behold, this time, they *can* see it. I show it and put it in my pocket.

"Can you see it now? Yes? Yeah, that happens sometimes."

"But... actually, what's really interesting, is that you saw that last one because I suggested you would. In reality. There was no coin that time.

Now I show that indeed, there are still 3 coins in my hand. I give these 3 coins out as a keepsake (you end clean).

I think it should be relatively easy to work out what's going on here given the gimmicks in question, but I can share the workings if necessary.
Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Oxf (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL