The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gift: Hoshi's Lucky Star (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dr Art
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Dr Art
I received this and have to say just opening the file and looking at it is stunningly beautiful and put me in a frame of mind that is magical and transforming. And that is just by looking at the presentaion, graphics, illustrations and sensing the mood and style of the author...Sudo. The amount of work that went into this is beyond, Then there is the magic of the routine that can captivate any age person into a fantasyland. This is magical on many levels. Many thanks.
Shaukat
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Shaukat
I read it... And what a beautiful piece of Mentalism it is with a captivating story. As Sudo said you will not find any new method here. However, I believe this is the best variation of the method (and I have seen many).

It packs small and plays big. It's completely hands off and yet everything is always under your control. This effect is colorful, engaging and mysterious.

Also... As I said in my last post, the book looks extremely beautiful. It deserves to be printed as a hardcopy.

Thank you Sudo for sharing this with the community. Your hard work can be seen when we open it... But, when we read it, it's clear that it must have taken you a very long time to put it together. Yet you have shared it freely. You are more amazing than the effects you create. Thank You!
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
Sudo, thank you for this, as others have said the care you take in the presentation of this in terms of the layout of the PDF and photos and artwork, and that is before you get to the effect, this is simply beautiful, and I can see it working really well as a one-on-one piece for someone. Without giving too much away having something similar to the photos in the pdf on display in your house for example would be a great lead in to this effect, and what a special giveaway.

Simply brilliant and thank you for your continuing generosity.
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thank-you for the compliment guys.

Richard, that's exactly what I did. It's an immediate eye catcher and a great conversational piece to have as a decoration in your house.

It's a vessel of wonders and wishes.

(Your wife will appreciate it as a gift, too) Smile
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Beautifully written and designed, and the effect is charming and magical.

It's a wonderful piece, end to end.

Thanks for all your contributions to the art and the community! Sudo, *you* are truly a gift.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Sudo, THANK YOU!
To say Hoshi’s Lucky Star is a magic trick or mere mentalism material, would be like saying that the Sistine Chapel’s ceiling just has a picture painted on it. You have shared a performance piece that can bring about emotions, allowing a special moment to be felt and remembered.
It is hoped that when someone else presents this, that the bit of soul you put into creating this, in some way, reaches out and touches those who are gifted that little star. It is also hoped, that those of us that present this understand what a powerful gift this is you gifted us.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
What I really like is that this has the potential to be meaningful and emotional, but in a way that seems very wholesome and genuine.

I've felt that some of the stuff out there that tries to be emotionally touching ends up coming across manipulative and feels a little dark as a result.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
What I really like is that this has the potential to be meaningful and emotional, but in a way that seems very wholesome and genuine.

I've felt that some of the stuff out there that tries to be emotionally touching ends up coming across manipulative and feels a little dark as a result.

I agree completely.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thank-you Last Laugh and Wrayvn - and you're welcome. It's my pleasure.

I performed Hoshi's Lucky Star for someone about an hour ago. There's a person in my neighborhood who comes by my place every once in a while and knocks on my door asking if I can show them some more magic and hang out a little.

All I can say is that this really moved them. Their secret wish was to simply have a dog. Out of all the things in the world... this is what they truly wanted.

Now I really want to get them a dog. Smile
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Just read through Hoshi's Lucky Star and am blown away. What a moving performance piece! Can't thank you enough, Sudo, for putting so much work into the project and then sharing it with the community. Unbelievably generous of you. The method is clean and efficient, the presentation is inspiring, and I admire how you even weave your storytelling in to the description and explanation throughout the PDF -- not to mention the care and detail to crediting and inspiration.

Well done, sir!
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thank you - and you're most welcome.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed it.

That plot twist right at the very end was something that had me dancing around my living room in pure joy for several minutes when I first conceived it.

The hard part was hiding it in the synopsis so that when the reader gets to it later in the presentation... it comes out of nowhere like a sudden crack of lightning. Smile
Adam Meier
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
What a beautiful routine! I love storytelling and emotional routines.This was just perfect and will be in my regular act.

Sudo is the kindest person for sending this out for free.

Thank you!
Dr Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, UK
203 Posts

Profile of Dr Ross
Thank you Sudo for this wonderful routine and beautifully produced manuscript!! Smile

Such great creativity! And a perfect example of how finding an engaging and magical story can make all of the methodological aspects/decisions fall into place! Very inspiring.

I look forward to learning this fully and trying it out!

- Ross
Ross Bartels

Author of:
'Vector' (propless code divination) https://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/vector-by-ross-bartels-e-book
'Janken' (propless RPS effects) - limited release
'Tacitus' (non-verbal propless effect) - limited release
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thought you guys might enjoy a snapshot of the complete set-up.

Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

You make a nice star, still working on getting mine to “puff out”!
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thanks. Smile

A few tips:

Cut your strips as squarely as possible so that both ends are the same size, and make sure your knot is snug. Make your pentagon as snug as possible and hold the star by opposing corners between the thumb and forefinger and slightly push inwards while making the dents with your right thumb.

You'll get the hang pretty quickly.

Once you've gotten them to puff out, you'll find they are very sturdy. The key is tightness and uniformity in your wraps. If you can indent them too easily, you know you haven't made it tight enough.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Thanks!
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Also, if you have lousy DIY skills...

https://www.amazon.com/Sun-Goodtimes-Fin......ns&psc=1
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
There's also Etsy. You can also purchase the strips pre-cut in all kinds of variety of colours etc.

However, I have an interest in origami so I like making each one by hand purely from scratch. There's something satisfying about knowing that each star I gift was made with love by me directly.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I'm not complaining, but can people please read the initial post. I require your email address. So many people just send a msg saying "I'm interested. Thanks." No email address or anything else.

Also, please check your typing! I've had copies of this go out to random strangers because people incorrectly typed their email address and then they send me another msg wondering where their copy is. As it takes roughly 20 minutes to prepare each file, it adds up to a lot of work because I have to prepare a new one all over again - plus, random strangers are receiving this as a result. Not good. I've had a few emails bounce back several times now due to this. Double check it please. You're making my workload more work than it should be.

Finally, do not spam my PM box please. One person has sent a request three times now - and within hours of one another! Not only is it irritating, but it's not fair to others who are trying to get a request in. If you do that (or you have bad manners), I will simply ignore it completely.

Help me help you.

*Lemniscate, I tried sending you a copy but you provided no email addy and you're not accepting PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gift: Hoshi's Lucky Star (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL