The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Severance by Watkins (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Near the end of last year, I sat down with Robert Watkins to produce a comprehensive course on his remarkable Severance technique from his landmark book Jahana.

During the course, we talk about updated handlings, scripts and developments derived from utilizing this workhorse in our own gigs throughout the years.

Here's the skinny:

"Severance — A method for ‘instant pre-show’ and for making billets invisible. A way to apparently reveal names, dates, pin codes without these ever seemingly written down.

Imagine revealing nearly anything out of the blue and delivering a real “kick in the teeth” reaction from up audiences! It looks so good and fair that you’ll swear it’s preshow…

But it isn’t.

Severance is the ultimate solution to harvesting information seamlessly. It blends language; allowing you to create a truly stunning and fooling effect!

Unlock your spectator's hidden secrets right under everyone’s noses today with Severance."

https://the13souls.com/shop/creators/wat......watkins/
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Review from Adrien O'Sullivan:

" This is gold. Watkins has some really nice billet work, but in my honest opinion - This is stand-out, deceptive and powerful!
You’ll be armed and ready to go at a moments notice with little more than a slip of paper and a pen. This is the first step to making miracles."
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I will say this, Mr Hair, the I'm-too-cool-for-school millennial coffee-drinking guy didn't seem too impressed in the trailer. That was funny. But I think that was incidental to the effect at least.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
So Jacob, I have the book and think it is excellent. Is this a worthwhile update on what is already in the book?
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2019, Nathan Alexander wrote:
I will say this, Mr Hair, the I'm-too-cool-for-school millennial coffee-drinking guy didn't seem too impressed in the trailer. That was funny. But I think that was incidental to the effect at least.

Yeah, that guy was terrible, but his lady friend was spectacular.

In the full project, we have about four performances of the effect and thankfully we avoided the hipsters. Smile

I would say that if you have the book, love the principle and want to take it farther than the realms of the book then you won't be disappointed. Smile
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
It sounded good enough I had to look up the book, which I don't have. Nice to have a few options. (And the girl was definitely surprised and impressed.)
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Cool, thanks Jacob, I think the technique is very solid so happy to add more info to it.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
David Caliguire couldn't be here to day it himself, but his thoughts...

"Good stuff, filled with little gems. You guys went off, and all around but that's when the good **** came out."

Thanks David for allowing me to share your thoughts on here and for your positive review!

XX,
-Jacob
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I have also looked up this routine in the book - and watching it being played out in the trailer shows how effective it can be.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Severance by Watkins (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL