The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Be carful Kids...tragedy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peter Morrissey
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Peter Morrissey
Really sad to read this news story today.

"An Indian magician who was lowered into a river while shackled in a bid to recreate Harry Houdini's world-famous trick has drowned, police confirmed."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-48610928

RIP
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
WOW it looks like he did not have much escape experience .... although I am impressed that he kept the chain with the 6 locks on his legs we sooooooo widespread.

Technically it looked relatively easy ... wonder what went reong. I mean apart from not escaping and drowning.

I mean yes it's sad that he died but it looks like he didn't have a clue. I know we should not judge a book by its cover - but the way the chain was put on. the way his support crew stepped over him just as he was about to be hoisted, the locks. It all looks like they did not really know what they were doing.
Peter Morrissey
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Peter Morrissey
They probably didn't know what they were at. Or maybe they did and got complacent. Lesson is vigilance is key!
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Remember. With other magic if something goes wrong, you can chalk it up.... W underwater escapes
it could be meet your maker . for real. there is a downside to be considered when doing these type of escapes.
It is more than ... he should have.. etc. Things can go wrong.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Be carful Kids...tragedy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL