The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » No Jacket summer! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoeyHart
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of JoeyHart
Summer is upon us and I don’t want to wear a jack anymore - I sweat.

What solutions do you all have for just waistcoat/trouser pocket management? Sharpies, tricks, wallets, phones etc?

Looking forward to hearing your ideas!
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I wear a vest. More importantly, I don't load up with a bunch of tricks. I have a deck of cards, Coins for one coin routine, Rubberbands on my wrist and 3 rope.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I also wear a vest.

Keep it roomy for pocket room and comfort.

Mikw is right, don't overload (like I do LOL).

-Mary Mowder
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I also have a doctor's bag with the props for all my close up routines. I keep it in my car. If I am at an event so long that everyone's seen what I have in my pocket I just take five minutes to go to my car and reload.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I wear a Coach Messenger bag, I can carry a lot of material in there.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Why not let us know what effects you are doing? I mean if we don't know what you are attempting to carry it is tough to help.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
You can check this vest out. I bought 2. They have different colors. It's meant for a different purpose
but has multiple pockets and is light weight. It's not cheap but is excellent quality and it is made in the USA.

https://www.concealedcarry.com/product/d......nt-vest/
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Davidpauls, what is that black rectange between the second and third buttons?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The Wiz Kids came up with a variety of solutions, starting with loose fitting Clown jackets as shown in the photo:

The clown jacket has large pockets, but the open front also allows easy access to trouser pockets.

Since we also perform in our Wiz Kid T-Shirts, we also have a Fanny Bag solution. https://www.amazon.com/FREETOO-Capacity-......7HC8J5NH The bag easily slides around from fanny to front and can carry a complete set of routines by dividing up the various pockets for sponge balls, ropes, cards, coins, silks and all the gimmicks needed right where you need them. It is also easy to switch bags and thus switch shows.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I agree with Dannydoyle. What tricks/apparatus are you wanting to carry? I wear a leather vest https://coronadoleather.com/collections/......vest-v38
I have an older style which has only 3 outer pockets and does not have a cinch belt in the back, yet I am able to carry more than enough without looking like my pockets are bulging.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2019, jimgerrish wrote:
The Wiz Kids came up with a variety of solutions, starting with loose fitting Clown jackets as shown in the photo:

The clown jacket has large pockets, but the open front also allows easy access to trouser pockets.

Since we also perform in our Wiz Kid T-Shirts, we also have a Fanny Bag solution. https://www.amazon.com/FREETOO-Capacity-......7HC8J5NH The bag easily slides around from fanny to front and can carry a complete set of routines by dividing up the various pockets for sponge balls, ropes, cards, coins, silks and all the gimmicks needed right where you need them. It is also easy to switch bags and thus switch shows.

Looks warm.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Looks are deceiving. It is very light-weight material. But our new clown look may consist of a brightly colored Fanny-Bag (or Bum-Bag if you prefer that term) along with one of the new clown T-Shirts: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=clown+t-shirt......b_noss_1 It's a safer costume solution when riding a unicycle to work, although Qua-Fiki managed very well with his clown coat.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I wasn't aware he asked about clown costumes.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act"....George Orwell. Or as Donald Trump is finding out, "There is no cure for stupid." Let me 'splain.
Summer is here and it is getting warm. The clown costume looks like it might be too heavy for summer wear, but it's not. It's made of a very light fabric. Ours happens to be bright circus clown colors. Some magicians like that. But there's nothing to stop someone from making a black tuxedo suit-coat-looking costume from the same light weight material. Or from performing in a T-shirt - clown colors or not, but you need something to carry around your props and that's where the Fanny Bag comes in. It doesn't have to be clown-colored, either. That's a personal choice. Am I 'splaining too fast?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So do you sell such things? Isn't it amazing how you always seem to post about things you sell? Must be a coincidence I guess.

Why lash out? Can't you juat explain and not be like that? Or is that too much to ask?

Aside from the fact that he was wearing a jacket and most likely won't need the crap you are peddling. A t shirt from a jacket may not be the look he is going for.

Now please be nice. There in no need for name calling or bringing up Donald Trump. Nobody cares if you hate him or live him this is not the place for that nonsense. You can be helpful workout lashing out at others.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Sometimes I talk about items that can be purchased from the Magic Nook because they are relevant to the topic and can be helpful to the poster and now he knows where he can get that e-Book if he wants it. In this case, NOTHING that I describe is sold by anyone at the Magic Nook. We sell e-Books on how to perform tricks that you make yourself. Nothing discussed above is in that category. We don't sell clown suits. We don't sell Fanny Bags. We don't sell T-shirts. You seem to be terrified that I am trying to sell something to somebody. This is about suggestions for warm-weather costumes that can be comfortable for a magician who does Table Hopping or Party Strolling about which topic I have some experience and knowledge. Vitriol does not solve anything.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If it solves nothing why did you start with it?

I am not terrified you will try to sell something, you just seem to do it 90% of your posts.

So try being nice. Don't bring up Trump in a place where it could not be more out of place. And stop name calling please.

Or don't, these are simple requests is all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2019, MeetMagicMike wrote:
Davidpauls, what is that black rectange between the second and third buttons?

It's a velcro strip in the event you want to keep the vest closed without buttoning up.
Or you can just wear the vest opened. If you scroll down the webpage there is a demmo video
on all the features of the vest.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
JoeyHart
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of JoeyHart
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for the responses. Ive opted for a nice lightweight waistcoat with 3 pockets. I also plan to pop in Jeff Kaylor's TKO as a sneaky extra.

I basically carry a couple packs of cards, some coins, rope, ring and wallet. All fit Smile
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1406 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I wear a Panama jacket. It is made for the tropical heat.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » No Jacket summer! (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL