The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skymember Presents Anarchy by Ryan Goh (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Topcliffe
View Profile
New user
New Orleans, LA
61 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2019, Bill08 wrote:
Guessing the kicker - new deck order - is dependent on a pretty good faro here?

Yeah, that's gonna be the deciding factor for me. I doubt my sausage-like fingers will ever be able to pull of a perfect faro.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8999 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Intermediate level. I guess it is.
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
675 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2019, Topcliffe wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2019, daver wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2019, Yepski wrote:
Pegasus, would you please just tell us what you really think

It seems as though he thinks ungimmicked triumph routines suck.

I'd love for him to take a look at Kostya's... IMHO, there's no better ungimmicked triumph

I'm late to this conversation, but I really like Bannon's Triumph as well; he teaches it in one of his Move Zero videos. I pair it with the Chicago Opener: I show the faces of the card quickly, false overhand shuffle, Chicago Opener, another false shuffle, and the deck is already set up for Bannon's Triumph. BT is the one where they pick a card, you break the deck into four stacks, turn stacks 2 and 4 face up, then shuffle them together stack by stack. Then you tell them that something in the arrangement of the cards will tell you what card they chose. You spread the deck, and the only face-up cards are (for example) the clubs, and they're all in perfect ace-king order, with the missing card being the spectator's selection.

That sounds like 'Play it Straight Triumph' from the Ammar Easy to Master series - maybe he got it from Bannon. I agree, its definitely one of the best ones!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2155 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I just received this and it appears to have no instructions...anyone else have this issue?
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2155 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Nevermind, found the instruction link. The creator maybe thought they were oh, so clever, but I’ll call it dumb decision.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2155 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I would go so far as to NOT recommend this trick based on how the instructional link is provided...but that's just me...full review coming...
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2263 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
My thoughts ... the instruction link is on the tuck case along with the password: brilliant! You'll never lose it

PLUS the title of the gaff deck is printed on the tuck case so you're never staring at it in your case wondering ... "which gimmicked deck is this?" GENIUS !!!

I loved this so much, I got a second one to give away in my huge magic give away this summer

My review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHCDNBEQbGA
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2155 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Yes I agree with gaff title on box it’s great. But if you receive this and don’t know about the link in the teeny tiny print on the flap, you wouldn’t necessarily know to look there.
I normally download the video tutorials in any case.
Topcliffe
View Profile
New user
New Orleans, LA
61 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
Ok, so basically unless you can do a perfect faro, which is the basis of the kicker, which is the real selling point of this effect, you might as well do any of a number of triumph routines using an ungaffed deck. In the instructional video, I just love the 30-second faro lesson, which boils down to a closeup of someone who can do a perfect faro doing a perfect faro, which is of no help whatsoever.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2155 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Topcliffe, lol, I think you are correct, was going to review the instructions one more time to be sure
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Light and Anarchy.

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2155 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Kaan, nicely done, as always. Thanks for the reviews.
hhoudini
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of hhoudini
I totally agree with Topcliffe's comments. Unless you feel confident that you can guarantee a perfect faro under fire, you are basically paying for a very heavily gimmicked deck just to perform a basic Triumph! The advertising copy does not make this at all clear. I'll be reselling my unopened deck!
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1722 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thanks, Kaan!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Brad Barnes
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Brad Barnes
The end is what makes this game unique in print.The latter is strongly reminiscent of 52 Shades of Red by Shin Lim.Anarchy remains very pretty in video, but in practice .... you will be very restricted at the level of the game, not very natural.
Topcliffe
View Profile
New user
New Orleans, LA
61 Posts

Profile of Topcliffe
You know, after all my complaints about faroing, I gotta hand it to Ryan Goh: in the end he's motivated me to learn to faro. I really didn't think I'd get it, but for the last few days I've been trying over and over, at first with zero success (I threw one deck in the trash after smashing all the cards together and letting out a prodigious stream of profanity), but gradually it started clicking. I can faro pretty well now: not perfectly, but it's getting there. Anyway, if I can do it, I'm sure anyone can, it just takes a bit of obsessive repetition like all moves do. Just wanted to balance out my negative comments with something positive. Now if I could just devote the same amount of effort to perfecting the pass...
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
675 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Nice job Topcliffe, it's fun when you get it. I'm thinking for this trick it might even be possible to get away with a few mistakes - as the spectator is unlikely to notice, for example, if the 6 and 7 of clubs are reversed. And even if the spectator notices a couple of discrepancies at the end it's still quite impressive
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
124 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
I think this has potential if you put time into practicing it.

Watch my full in-depth review right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtctVzvY2WE

Hope this helps! Smile
Dave the Knave
View Profile
Regular user
Cochise County, Arizona
135 Posts

Profile of Dave the Knave
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2019, Tyler Lunsford wrote:

Watch my full in-depth review right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtctVzvY2WE

Hope this helps! Smile

Good review. Thanks.
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
124 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2019, Dave the Knave wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2019, Tyler Lunsford wrote:

Hope this helps! Smile

Good review. Thanks.

Thanks! I'm glad it was helpful!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Skymember Presents Anarchy by Ryan Goh (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL