The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dune and Three Body Problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Folks probably already know about the Dune movie in production and that there's a Bill and Ted movie due out later this year (okay and a Star Wars...)

There's news today that the three book series by Cixin Liu about meeting aliens from a planet with three suns has been greenlit for production starting later his year.
https://www.tor.com/2019/06/21/producers......e-468592

The books have plenty of twists and interesting characters. Different focus than Frank Herbert's Dune stories but lots of adventure.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Just read a small update on a Dune related project. A TV show focused on the Bene Gesserit sisterhood.
Much of the text Herbert's Dune is interior monologue and historical digression. This includes some backstory with the Baron and also the very planning that went awry when Jessica decided her second child would be a son. A chance to show their perspective on the situations seems a good thing for a visual medium. Smile

In terms of dramatic tensions - there's the unspeakable goings on with the Tleilaxu and the obvious bargaining over their long term breeding program that's about ready to try for Kwisatz Haderach again. If this goes at all well - there's room to go forward taking the story out past the scattering to when the Sisterhood decides to become a Matriarchy... and how they come back to the old worlds to collect some resources... Smile

Okay I'm an optimist
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dune and Three Body Problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL