The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anybody here watching "Good Omens?" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2685 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I was a fan of the book for years. Wasn't certain they were going to get it right, but it's incredible! Even the changes, the run through time doesn't happen in the book and the Which finder and which are way different, don't spoil the story. I was expecting nothing less from David Tenant as the demon, Crowley, but Michael Sheen as the innocent angel was terrific! And the little kid playing Adam surprised me, going from innocent to demonic in a blink. If you haven't seen it, give it a try!
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
136 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
I listened to the audio book, but was not aware they made a movie/TV show from it.
Life's like a movie, write your own ending...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26903 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Not on TV (BBC maybe in December) - Amazon series - internet Smile
https://www.thedrum.com/news/2019/06/24/......mens-ban
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
136 Posts

I'm still waiting for American Gods season 2 on ITunes...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26903 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
136 Posts

It wasn't available last week. I will check again after work, which is odd since it 'aired' months ago.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Regular user
Lost on a Green Screen
136 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 24, 2019, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
? a price drop? https://itunes.apple.com/ca/tv-season/am......58126760

Still not available on ITunes America. Perhaps Canada had an earlier release date.
lemon ice
View Profile
New user
Memory Alpha on my PADD making
29 Posts

Profile of lemon ice
I just started watching it today on the recommendation of my brother. Had never heard of the book, but I am enjoying the show so far. There’s even a little magic in it! Can’t seem to find whose hands are doing the card manipulation in the first episode, though. Would be interesting to find out.
"I could do the hop de passe de shift sauter la coupe."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2685 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Just finished it. 99.99% faithful to the book. What changes were made were carefully thought out. Most of them didn't detract from the storyline, a couple even improved it. (I did miss the alternate Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.) The final ending was new. It was very clever.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17358 Posts

Profile of Slim King
OK... I'm gonna watch it ED .. It's all on you now!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Mr Salk
View Profile
Elite user
425 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Binged it on Prime. Pleasantly surprised. I'm familiar with Gaiman's stuff, but I can't untangle him from Prachett.

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2685 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
My daughter is a big Gaimen fan. All I know is "Sandman" and an episode of "Lucifer" he wrote. I have a lot of Pratchett's work!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anybody here watching "Good Omens?" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL