The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Which Hand Method & Philosophy by Timon Krause - Mind FX (99 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..19~20~21 [Next]
Sethekk
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Sethekk
Thank you for the continued updates and all your work.
Looking forward to this later in the week !
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Always a pleasure Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3877 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2019, Michael.Kegel wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2019, celebrity wrote:
I am happy to report that the decks landed today and I managed to get 100 book and accessory packs posted and the remainder are sitting by the office door and will be dropped off at the post office first thing tomorrow morning Smile

Pending the delivery of more papers I will then re-open sales of just the accessory packs for those that missed out the first time around.

And now, it is time for me to sleep and gather my energy for a super busy day again tomorrow!

Many thanks for the patience with this, I must admit that I expect the books to sell out in about four weeks not ten days Smile

Best Wishes Michael

Hi Michael

This book sounds so intriguing. Unlucky me noticed too late that this was up for sale, unfortunately. What do you reckon, when will it be available again through mindfx.co.uk?

Looking forward to reading from you and thanks in advance for taking your time to curb my impatience Smile

All the best from Germany
Michael

It's limited to 500 copies total and they sold out of all the books in 10 days. What Michael is re-opening up orders for is the accessory packs only, no book (books again have been sold out).
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
New user
Germany
65 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2019, celebrity wrote:
I am happy to report that the decks landed today and I managed to get 100 book and accessory packs posted and the remainder are sitting by the office door and will be dropped off at the post office first thing tomorrow morning Smile

Pending the delivery of more papers I will then re-open sales of just the accessory packs for those that missed out the first time around.

And now, it is time for me to sleep and gather my energy for a super busy day again tomorrow!

Many thanks for the patience with this, I must admit that I expect the books to sell out in about four weeks not ten days Smile

PS: how about a download copy if printing is a financial issue ...

Best Wishes Michael

Hi Michael

This book sounds so intriguing. Unlucky me noticed too late that this was up for sale, unfortunately. What do you reckon, when will it be available again through mindfx.co.uk?

Looking forward to reading from you and thanks in advance for taking your time to curb my impatience Smile

All the best from Germany
Michael

It's limited to 500 copies total and they sold out of all the books in 10 days. What Michael is re-opening up orders for is the accessory packs only, no book (books again have been sold out).

Cheers for that response.

So there won't be any re-prints? 500 copies and that's it, though they did sell out within no more than 10 days? Sounds odd to me.

I'm well-prepared to buy a copy for myself right away, and I'm sure there will be more interested who weren't lucky as far as the 500 copies are concerned.

So, is this sell out definite and final, and there won't be any re-print? Anyone able to clear that up? Many thanks in advance.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3877 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:

So there won't be any re-prints? 500 copies and that's it, though they did sell out within no more than 10 days? Sounds odd to me.

I'm well-prepared to buy a copy for myself right away, and I'm sure there will be more interested who weren't lucky as far as the 500 copies are concerned.

So, is this sell out definite and final, and there won't be any re-print? Anyone able to clear that up? Many thanks in advance.

If they reprinted it then it would be contradicting the fact that this was a LIMITED run publication then wouldn't it? If you were selling a product and you advertise that product to being LIMITED to a certain quantity worldwide, you would effectively be lying if you then go do a reprint would you not? That would automatically hurt your reputation as a company would it not?
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of celebrity
The book is limited to only 500 copies all individually hand signed and numbered by Timon and whilst it is unavailable at the moment I did hold back a small amount from sale to cover the slim possibility that any fail to reach their destination.

These remaining books will be made available on a first come first serve basis in a couple of weeks time and if you want to be notified when they come on sale please use the email notification on the product page for the book on the MindFX website (www.mindfx.co.uk).

More accessory packs should be arriving tomorrow for those that own the book too Smile

Hope that clarifies things Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3877 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2019, celebrity wrote:
The book is limited to only 500 copies all individually hand signed and numbered by Timon and whilst it is unavailable at the moment I did hold back a small amount from sale to cover the slim possibility that any fail to reach their destination.

These remaining books will be made available on a first come first serve basis in a couple of weeks time and if you want to be notified when they come on sale please use the email notification on the product page for the book on the MindFX website (www.mindfx.co.uk).

More accessory packs should be arriving tomorrow for those that own the book too Smile

Hope that clarifies things Smile

Best Wishes Michael

Ha ha ha, that just shows how great you are with customer service! Had the foresight to hold back a few to cover damaged/lost in shipping orders. Hats off to you sir, hats off.
Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
221 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
Is anyone who ordered the book and Accessory pack, getting an shipping confirmation ?

I don't get any shipping confirmation so far.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1036 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
I never got a shipping notice but the book did arrive at my door, don't be discouraged.

I'm glad I bought my book when I did, I'm a sucker for limited runs.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of celebrity
MinderX I had to forgo the shipment notifications due to the huge amount of orders being sent at the same time (over a thousand parcels in the past two weeks) but having noted the profile pinning you in Germany I can confirm that your order is posted and will be with you early next week Smile

Best Wishes Michael

Andrew Sway
View Profile
Loyal user
-------
221 Posts

Profile of Andrew Sway
Hello Michael,

Thank you very much for the information.

Best wishes Andreas
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Michael, your post office must love you!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6921 Posts

Profile of bowers
Hi Michael
I guess mine is on the way also.
Didn't get a notice either.
Also had Phasma ordered too.
Todd
Michael.Kegel
View Profile
New user
Germany
65 Posts

Profile of Michael.Kegel
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2019, kissdadookie wrote:
Quote:

If they reprinted it then it would be contradicting the fact that this was a LIMITED run publication then wouldn't it? If you were selling a product and you advertise that product to being LIMITED to a certain quantity worldwide, you would effectively be lying if you then go do a reprint would you not? That would automatically hurt your reputation as a company would it not?

Regardless of something contradicting a company's announcement ... If there's a greater demand than 500 buyers, wouldn't it hurt a company's reputation if this company disregards this demand? Imagine 5,000 people would've decided to buy this book if there were more than 500 copies available and the company in question would not go to any lengths to satisfy 4,500 prospective customers but rather decides to put 4,500 prospective customers off by emphasising that limited means limited. Frankly, I've never understood this "limited" concept. Tough luck who didn't hit the buy button instantly upon hearing of this offer and without giving much thought to whether or not this might suit one's performance style. Doesn't feel all too good. It's not even commercial thinking because the people who took said decision are even letting a good deal of money slip through their fingers. And if the idea of limiting the quantity of a printed copy is the decisive factor here, then maybe a download file might reduce the printing expenses allowing to keep this book available for more than the first 500.

However, and that's a huge "however" ... I carefully read what Michael said about the notify-me option provided by mindfx.co.uk which I've already arranged for. Fingers crossed that I'll be one of the lucky ones who will own this apparently limited and never-again-for-sale-again offer, because I truly admire Timon's work and find it a pity that so many (less valuable) magic products flood the market while precious gems like this one are only for the privileged as it seems.

PS: my apologies if my response offended somebody. I just needed to vent my spleen obviously.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1610 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I just think it's a shame to promote pirate sites

As anyone who wants a copy will have to buy one from one of the many chinese sites

You may say that they should just accept that they are sold out... but if the author makes no way to buy a legit copy - it's a lot harder to complain about pirate copies... as the author has created the demand by not selling anymore

I know it would be pirated anyway - it's just sad that from now on ONLY the people running the pirate sites will make money off of Timon's work
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1036 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
There is no way to justify purchasing a pirated copy of anything.
Morganjj
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Morganjj
"If there's a greater demand than 500 buyers, wouldn't it hurt a company's reputation if this company disregards this demand?"

There is zero obligation for anyone to sell you anything simply because you want it.

People these days are a disaster. You're not a customer, the customer is not always right, and you don't get to have things simply because you demand them. None of this is rocket science, but it seems to fly right by people these days.

"You may say that they should just accept that they are sold out... but if the author makes no way to buy a legit copy - it's a lot harder to complain about pirate copies.."

No it's not. You have no entitlement to other peoples work.

Holy moly. This is magic. And we're supposed to be able to buy any secret we please simply because we want to? What has the world come to?
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1610 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Ha - don't shoot the messenger

It's up to the author - but if they make it so the only way to get their work is from pirates... they are fueling the pirates and helping their business

You can say there is no justifying buying a pirate copy, or that people have no entitlement to other peoples work - but that doesn't change the reality

If the author won't sell you a copy... well... at that point you can't even say that buying a pirate version is taking money away from the creator

I would love the pirate sites to not exist - but nobody has a solution that will work to stop them

I think limiting sales - will only help them, not that they need help at this stage
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1352 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2019, The Duster wrote:
I just think it's a shame to promote pirate sites

As anyone who wants a copy will have to buy one from one of the many chinese sites

You may say that they should just accept that they are sold out... but if the author makes no way to buy a legit copy - it's a lot harder to complain about pirate copies... as the author has created the demand by not selling anymore

I know it would be pirated anyway - it's just sad that from now on ONLY the people running the pirate sites will make money off of Timon's work

They don’t “have” to support pirate sites, they choose to be a thief! No one’s forcing them to support a thief and in my mind, people who buy things knowing they are stolen, are no better than thieves themselves. I understand people might be disappointed not to own the book but that is up to the writer and it doesn’t justify using pirate sites
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3122 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Duster is right and there is no justification in piracy but in reality it’s a fact of life . Main dealers and creators constantly use other people’s ideas and work often saying we were already thinking of that so it’s independent creativity etc ( that old chestnut ) .
Or they turn your idea down only to release it a year later with a name change and a minor deliberate unneeded slight order of procedure change . That’s also deception and wrong but it is the sad reality of life and the Internet Gaz 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Which Hand Method & Philosophy by Timon Krause - Mind FX (99 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL