The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Which Hand Method & Philosophy by Timon Krause - Mind FX (76 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..14~15~16 [Next]
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Any issues performing in some places? does the chosen
place effects on the results?
anyone is 100% after some practise?
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of markhitton
No clothing restriction?
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
385 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Where can I order the extra pack? I already have the book I really don't see the pack on MindFX.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1335 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2019, markhitton wrote:
No clothing restriction?

No clothing restrictions. You could perform with no clothes on....In fact I may well do just that at the next wedding I do.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Is this routine from this book? If not, where is this routine published? Thanks.

https://youtu.be/hIqfm-F01YQ
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6715 Posts

Profile of bowers
My book arrived today can't wait to dig in.
Todd
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3817 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
The method imo from reading the book is honestly secondary to all of the other information in the book which mainly deals with structure of a routine and a effect. So the Which Hand is in actuality a case study of the theory in action.

This is however not to say that the method isn’t incredible as it is phenomenal and for anybody wishing to learn a which hand method and does not have a pet one they will never stop using, Which Hand by Timon imho is the best method. I’ve been using Timon’s method and my goal with using the method is that I do not need to carry an expensive device around and for impromptu situations, I am now afforded the freedom to use an object which is laying about in the environment to perform which hand with rather than having to carry a special object for the purpose. There is most certainly a greater freedom to perform which hand completely impromptu now but have a level of cleanliness which verbal methods do not provide (since those require the audience and spectator to keep track of far more things in play than Timon’s method requires).
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1021 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
It would be great if there was a FB group for book owners.
TomB
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of TomB
Is this better than sixth sense by Hugo Shelley?
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3342 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2019, TomB wrote:

It all depends on how you define better.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1335 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2019, TomB wrote:

Impossible to say in my opinion. I guess the way I would think about this is it turns you in to a human coin detector and like a gadget things can go wrong. Benefits of electronic devices are I that they remove a little bit of the risk the spectator does something out the ordinary because if they put coin in hand, the device should be able to pick it up. The downside with electronics is they can and do go wrong and if you do not have the device you cannot do the trick.

with this, whilst with practice the method is as close to 100% as you can get, there is always the risk the audience member does something completely counterintuitive and it ruins the results. However, without going in to it in depth, it would be quite difficult for a spectator to do this if you follow guidance given. Additionally, you have the benefit that you do not need anything with you beyond a coin and if like me, you are an amateur, you don't have a ton of money tied up in a gadget which does not see the light of day often. The other benefit is with this method, you do not need to touch or come close to their hand with your hand or arm.

I guess if you don't mind having the money tied up in a gadget and you are happy to put in some practice, you could use this to identify which hand and then use SS3 or flux to validate that, as a really belt and braces approach.

So I think the answer is both are fairly close to 100% but there are pros and cons. I don't want the money tied up in a gadget, because when I perform it is usually quite ad hoc, so for me this works well, but there are clearly some benefits to SS3 type gadgets.
bretti_bln
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of bretti_bln
Wonderfully written book and now that the book is no longer available, I recommend to buy at least the accessory package and watch the available videos of Timon.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Is really possible do it without the coin? as kieron johnson says if I remember well?
bretti_bln
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of bretti_bln
Yes, I think so - there are some suggestions in the book (pp. 104, 105) and for a good magician (not me) it is possible to find a nice presentation on it and maybe you should be prepared for a smart way out.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Thanks Brett
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Just so that everyones aware (as I have had several messages about this), the accessory packs are only being made available to those who own the book. I did list them up a few days back but people who didn’t own the book were attempting to order and since the accessory packs do not come with any written instructions this would be money wasted for them. To save customer disappointment and having to process a large volume of refunds I have taken them off the site and will be offering them to owners direct Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1021 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Here comes another round of complaining.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2142 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Hope my book and accessory pack arrive soon. I too have missed the boat on purchases like this in the past, but buying quickly on limited run items such as this are risk free. If I dislike it, it can easily be sold. That being said I do not foresee selling this.
Pay it forward
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5525 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2019, magicmind wrote:

Hope my book and accessory pack arrive soon. I too have missed the boat on purchases like this in the past, but buying quickly on limited run items such as this are risk free. If I dislike it, it can easily be sold. That being said I do not foresee selling this.

. . . and at times at a good premium. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1315 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Extremely excited - my book and accessories pack arrived today. Won't have time to dig in to it until this weekend, but there is one thing I know for sure...

Christmas time at the Murray household must be challenging -- this guy sure knows how to securely wrap a box!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Which Hand Method & Philosophy by Timon Krause - Mind FX (76 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL