The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » DMC Alphas & Hyper ESP Cards -- a happy coincidence (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Deckstacker
View Profile
New user
Cherry Valley, CA
68 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
Having recently purchased a deck of the DMC Alphas cards, I was attempting to figure out an effect to perform with them when the mailman subsequently delivered to me a deck of the Japanese ESP cards known as "Hyper ESP Cards." The downloadable English instructions for the ESP cards contain directions for performing a trick called "ESP Swindle," which is based, with credit given, on Paul Curry's "A Swindle of Sorts," published in "Paul Curry's Worlds Beyond."

In a flash of what passes for inspiration for me these days, it suddenly occurred to me that I could perform the same "swindle" with either of the above-mentioned decks. The method with the ESP cards calls for a 10-card stack arrangement of the five standard ESP symbols to match an illustration printed on the tuck box cover, so I thought of a 10-letter word that I could pre-stack using the Alphas letter cards (and maintain with a Hindu shuffle) to produce an "incredible" effect, namely, the 10-letter word I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E.

Notes:
1. I find it ironic that for neither effect described above is the included marking system used at all! This makes for great misdirection away from any suspected use of said markings.
2. I have not as yet purchased the 40-page "Passport to Alphas" booklet, although I probably will eventually, so any tips/pointers for other effects NOT contained therein would be appreciated, either in a reply here or via a PM.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » DMC Alphas & Hyper ESP Cards -- a happy coincidence (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL