The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » If you could only own (and use) one thing by Rick Maue... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Penduluminary
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Penduluminary
If you could only own (and use) one thing by Rick Maue...

What would it be and why?
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I perform several of Rick's effects from time to time. His Final Picture, with the four cups and the medallion, is the one I always have with me. It is an engaging first or second effect in my local preforming; people experience the one-out-of-four premise as plausible, and women find it "charming!"

George
Penduluminary
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Penduluminary
George... Thanks so much for sharing. Where can I find Final Picture? Which book / ebook?
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings,

A friend just mentioned this thread to me, so I wanted to check out the link above. That website is selling nothing but illegal, unauthorized copies of my material. (And, I guess the same goes for the material of other creators as well.) Please, do not support such thieves.

As for Final Picture, it is out of print, but we plan to make an announcement on September 1st regarding several re-releases as well as new items.

However, please don't support the thieves that steal from from creators.

Keep the change,
Rick
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
My mistake. Apologies. Quite agree.
Phasmologist
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2019, Rick Maue wrote:
Greetings,

A friend just mentioned this thread to me, so I wanted to check out the link above. That website is selling nothing but illegal, unauthorized copies of my material. (And, I guess the same goes for the material of other creators as well.) Please, do not support such thieves.

As for Final Picture, it is out of print, but we plan to make an announcement on September 1st regarding several re-releases as well as new items.

However, please don't support the thieves that steal from from creators.

Keep the change,
Rick

Glad you mentioned that. I would have never known and doubt many others other than the creator of the product would either. Sad that people try to do that.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2019, PROF BC wrote:
My mistake. Apologies. Quite agree.

No problem, my friend. However, it would be very nice if the link could be removed by one of the administrators. Smile
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Already done.
Phasmologist
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Just as a reminder, Final Picture is on volume 2 of Mr. Maue's L&L dvd set. You would have to put together the props yourself, but if you want the routine and method, that's an option without supporting dealers of unauthorized material. And the set of videos is well worth having for both the material and the thinking.

I wish there was a volume 3 with a séance, but we can't have everything. Maybe one day that's a product that might appear?

-Patrick
Penduluminary
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Penduluminary
Mr Woolery... thanks for the signpost.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I was at Rick’s for what what supposed to be a seance as a final goodbye to his Haunted Chamber. And then Docc Hilford was to perform a seance.
As it turned out Docc did an expanded red light Spiritualist seance complete with singing hymns, trumpets floating and whispering in your ear and the manifestation of a ghostly apparition. You had to be there. There’s no way I can see capturing THAT on film without Hollywood stepping in and using special FX to try and recreate those moments. Even then I don’t think it would succeed.

But man, what an experience!!!
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
JackStrauss
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of JackStrauss
Rick's Lie Detector routine, so incredibly simple, yet devastatingly powerful when performed correctly, has become my go-to "show us something" routine. The method is nothing. It goes back all the way to Discoverie of Witchcraft. But the presentation is just genius, a real lesson in how we ought to be approaching everything we do.
Penduluminary
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Penduluminary
EVILDAN... thanks for the highlight.

JackStrauss... Which of Rick's notes or dvds explains the Lie Detector routine?
OddFellow
View Profile
New user
Lewisburg, PA
37 Posts

Profile of OddFellow
I have used Rick's effects in seances off and on since the late 90's...and will be starting again now that I'm retired. The favorite one, and it always gets a gasp, is Demon Ring. Very powerful effect in the dark. Last time I did this, I used luminous paracord and it worked well. Rick's effects are simple, but very powerful. I am lucky to have his books and DVDs!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » If you could only own (and use) one thing by Rick Maue... (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL