The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Limited Gift: PSYCHOPATH (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh

"Normal is an illusion. What is 'normal' to the spider is chaos to the fly."

Wolves in sheep's clothing. Some are benign. Others, well...

Remember, Gacy was a clown.

Here we have 99.9% presentation and .01% method. It starts with your participant making a very simple (and seemingly innocent) choice. As the presentation progresses, things begin to slowly start taking a decidedly dark and ominous direction and the person soon realizes they're caught in a deadly web... from which, there is absolutely no turning back.

Only a moment of simple pure luck saves them from a truly horrible fate in the end.

This performance piece is a strong psychological thriller. You may play it light-hearted or deadly serious - or somewhere in between. In all cases, the tension is very real; it simply depends on how much you want to dial it up or down. I've actually had people literally sweating with this piece. The relief which comes at the routine's conclusion can be felt by all. But the participant will always be wondering in their back of head "Was he actually being serious? What if it'd gone the other way... would he have actually carried out what he said he was going to? He would've had to..." The internal questions they'll have are many. One thing's certain; they'll never forget it. It can be performed by a mentalist or magician equally well and for formal or informal use, close-up, or platform show - doesn't matter. No special props are needed either and you can easily carry it with you everyday if desired, but it isn't impromptu.

The good news, however, is that an alternate presentation which flips the thing around and reverses the roles is also included. It is still a great deal of fun - and very entertaining, but not nearly as intense. I suspect that many will chicken out and do this presentation. Smile

Naturally, I like intense. Of course, the more believable your acting skills, the stronger this piece plays out.

I've thought long and hard about whether I wanted to share this routine. It plays devilishly well and you get a ton of mileage out of something so very simple. When you see what's going on, you're likely going to have a really good laugh at the simplicity of it all and then immediately start thinking of other ways you can use the concept.

I'm just finishing up the last bits of work on the manuscript and it should finally be ready for this weekend. If you want a copy - you know what to do. However, I am only sending out a very scant few of these. (Probably less than a dozen. It depends on how I feel when the weekend comes.) I'll post again on this thread once it's ready.

Have an awesome day.
I'm frequently hit with enlightening in the middle of a brain storm.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4221 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I'm guessing it has nothing to do with this then?

Click here to view attached image.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
No idea at all what that's supposed to mean. I'm so confused.

However, if you mean that it doesn't involve 'bikes' - as in the playing cards, then you're correct. It uses absolutely no cards of any kind whatsoever.
TonyBrand
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago, IL
480 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
Hi Sudo,

I love the sound of this. Unfortunately, it looks like your inbox is full.

Definitely look forward to having a look!

Best,
Tony
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1808 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Sounds phenomenal. Perhaps after you send those lucky few out, 'Someone' would be able to share a performance of this over Skype?
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4221 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
It's a sign for a "cycle path." Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Bwahaha. Nicely done Philemon. I *knew* there was something I was missing. Smile

@Wravyn: This effect is impossible to perform over skype. It absolutely requires you to be physically present. Even if it were possible, it would lose a lot of it's punch because it's menace just wouldn't translate over skype. You'll understand when you see it.

In the meantime, I've finalized the cover art for this. Now, to finish this manuscript and the other new thing I'll also be sharing... Hoshi's Pateo Lantern.

Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1808 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Sudo, I’m am not surprised that this would not be something one could share via a camera. I think I would have been a little disappointed if it could... so far, each and every piece you have graciously shared have been an interactive experience and when sharing one of your routines with someone, it is a magical experience for me also.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2069 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Sudo,

Just saw this at it looks intriguing...

Regards, Steve
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1405 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Hi Sudo.

I would love a copy but unfortunately your email is full.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
736 Posts

Profile of roblane
Hi Sudo,
I too would love to give this a go, but inbox full as previously mentioned
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
tiptophat
View Profile
Loyal user
Wesley
242 Posts

Profile of tiptophat
I have tried numerous time to send pm but says 60 limit has been reached......This looks very interesting!!!
Mark Timon
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
Please do not send me a copy, not in the mood of begging for it.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1569 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
With an attitude like that, you don't deserve a copy. Like a spoilt brat because you want it, now, now, now!
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
714 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
I’ll patiently wait for the announcement that it is ready before I try to clog up the PM box after how gracious Sudo was to share Hoshi’s Star with me. If this is anywhere even near as well thought out and structured as that routine then patience is easy.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Update: Not sure if any of you has seen any of the recent developments with me here on the Café, but in light of the situation I'm leaving for a while. Maybe even permanently - I really don't know right now. I will email Psychopath to some of you who have PM'd me for it during that time, but it will still be a few days away. My mind is exhausted right now.

I apologize for the delays and thank those of you who are gracious in your patience and understanding. Thank-you.

@Mark Timon: Ridiculous. You've not even Pm'd me with a request for this and here you are; implying that people need to beg to get something from me. That has never been the case. It's people like you that make this place unbearable for me sometimes.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1808 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Sudo, one must do what they feel is right for them. I do thank you for all you have shared with me.

With respect,
Wravyn
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Thank-you Wrayvn.

You know you're always welcome. It's people like you, like Illusioneer, like innercirclewannabe, (and a good number of others) that I write for. The Café is certainly a mixed bag, but you guys are genuinely among the very nicest people here. I appreciate the support and acceptance I receive from all of you.

In the midst of explaining why the material in this volume wouldn't be suitable over skype earlier in this thread, I didn't make it clear that I was still ok with skyping with you. You have my email.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
618 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Hi Sudo,

I’m late in the party maybe but if possible i.d be glad to receive this stuff from you 😀

Here’s my email if you’re ok
Qkeli@yahoo.fr

Thanks.
Keli
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
714 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Sudo, I’ve sent an email but if you’re still around to read this I’m sending all the best energy your way, brother. This place is full of ignorance mostly, but there are still a few good ones left like yourself. It’d be a shame to lose that. But you need to do what’s best for you right now and know you’ll have a delighted audience if you choose to return. <3
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Limited Gift: PSYCHOPATH (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL