The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ The Stranger (iPhone App) by Jonathan Levit (51 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19 [Next]
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3584 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2020, Kaliix wrote:
Convince yourself that you were wronged however you want. End of the day you had a choice to purchase it early and take the discount but also take on the risk. You choose to not take the risk and keep your money. No one forced you to make that decision. You have your own free will and exercised it so give it up man.

You are not paying any premium in the UK. There are exchange rates between pounds, euro's and dollars and the rate has never been 1.0, nor should it be, unless you one doesn't understand monetary policy.

What an absolute load of complete bollox. Letís not get into the fact that on release there was no guarantee of an international version. When it was released it was limited to North America. I am not even sure it was available in the UK App Store at that time. An international version was then promised but that was only just released just over a week ago so no we didnít have the option to buy it we were told the international version was coming soon and it came 8 months later. it was also at the very least implied that there would be a similar pre sale discount for the international version that there was for the US and Android version so not only was it perfectly reasonable for international users to wait for a version that actually worked properly in their country it was sensible considering this is not a cheap app.

You clearly donít understand monetary policy if you believe that $150 equates to £150. Apple apps generally cost the same in pounds as they do in dollars including this app. You are correct that the exchange rate has never been 1-1 and yet you seem to think that it isnít a premium to have to pay £150 for a $150 app.

Letís give you a brief lesson in monetary policy at current exchange rates $150 = £117 even if you add vat at 20% this only comes to £139. So at the barest minimum UK users are paying a premium of £11 or just under $15 but in real terms the price for the app in the U.K. is $192 vs $150 in the US and vs $99 that both US users and Android users paid when their versions were released.

I had absolutely no intention of continuing to debate this with people that have no skin in the game but I had to call BS on this post which was not only complete BS but was also completely unnecessary.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1539 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2020, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2020, Kaliix wrote:
Convince yourself that you were wronged however you want. End of the day you had a choice to purchase it early and take the discount but also take on the risk. You choose to not take the risk and keep your money. No one forced you to make that decision. You have your own free will and exercised it so give it up man.

You are not paying any premium in the UK. There are exchange rates between pounds, euro's and dollars and the rate has never been 1.0, nor should it be, unless you one doesn't understand monetary policy.

What an absolute load of complete bollox. Letís not get into the fact that on release there was no guarantee of an international version. When it was released it was limited to North America. I am not even sure it was available in the UK App Store at that time. An international version was then promised but that was only just released just over a week ago so no we didnít have the option to buy it we were told the international version was coming soon and it came 8 months later. it was also at the very least implied that there would be a similar pre sale discount for the international version that there was for the US and Android version so not only was it perfectly reasonable for international users to wait for a version that actually worked properly in their country it was sensible considering this is not a cheap app.

You clearly donít understand monetary policy if you believe that $150 equates to £150. Apple apps generally cost the same in pounds as they do in dollars including this app. You are correct that the exchange rate has never been 1-1 and yet you seem to think that it isnít a premium to have to pay £150 for a $150 app.

Letís give you a brief lesson in monetary policy at current exchange rates $150 = £117 even if you add vat at 20% this only comes to £139. So at the barest minimum UK users are paying a premium of £11 or just under $15 but in real terms the price for the app in the U.K. is $192 vs $150 in the US and vs $99 that both US users and Android users paid when their versions were released.

I had absolutely no intention of continuing to debate this with people that have no skin in the game but I had to call BS on this post which was not only complete BS but was also completely unnecessary.

Mark



Exactly
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of rasp
From chatting with UK friends and a few overseas European friends, I would think at the moment there is just short of £2500 worth of business waiting (at the discounted $99), none of whom will buy at the full rate because of the way they feel they have been treated waiting, in some cases over five months, for the international version. So, that's £2500 towards the cost of the work involved to make this app international........ What was the point. The majority registered to be notified by email about the release and did not receive anything.............. All that needed to happen, was to send an email (to those who registered) stating that the price would be reduced to $99 for the duration of the Blackpool convention and that the international version was imminent.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1539 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2020, rasp wrote:
From chatting with UK friends and a few overseas European friends, I would think at the moment there is just short of £2500 worth of business waiting (at the discounted $99), none of whom will buy at the full rate because of the way they feel they have been treated waiting, in some cases over five months, for the international version. So, that's £2500 towards the cost of the work involved to make this app international........ What was the point. The majority registered to be notified by email about the release and did not receive anything.............. All that needed to happen, was to send an email (to those who registered) stating that the price would be reduced to $99 for the duration of the Blackpool convention and that the international version was imminent.



Totally correct.
I did mention that as well.
Was waiting to be alerted about the UK version.
Wasn't too keen on buying an app not knowing what was going to happen, spent a lot of money on apps that have went south (Marty anyone)
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1527 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Your beef regarding App store pricing is with Apple. I don't claim to be an expert on the app store policies, but an article from 2017 makes clear that Apple is solely responsible for the conversion rate regarding dollars and pounds. The article also makes clear that Apple and only Apple is responsible for the exchange rate being 1 to 1. Your complaining about the policies here is misplaced as Apple most certainly doesn't read this forum and Mr. Levit appears to have nothing to do with the policy.

Nobody owes you anything. If you didn't like the terms given when the discount was offered, then don't purchase the product. You could have determined that the risk was worth it, given the reputation of Mr. Levit and the success of the American version. You chose otherwise. Deal with it.

You've posted ten times in this thread, complaining about things that are mostly Apples fault, or about a decision that you FREELY made and are now salty about. It's time to get over it and move on.

I wish I had taken the sale price when it was offered, but I didn't. This seems like a top-notch app. If it's as good as I think, I guess I'll have to spend the extra money. Live and learn...

Quote:
On Mar 3, 2020, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2020, Kaliix wrote:
Convince yourself that you were wronged however you want. End of the day you had a choice to purchase it early and take the discount but also take on the risk. You choose to not take the risk and keep your money. No one forced you to make that decision. You have your own free will and exercised it so give it up man.

You are not paying any premium in the UK. There are exchange rates between pounds, euro's and dollars and the rate has never been 1.0, nor should it be, unless you one doesn't understand monetary policy.

What an absolute load of complete bollox. Letís not get into the fact that on release there was no guarantee of an international version. When it was released it was limited to North America. I am not even sure it was available in the UK App Store at that time. An international version was then promised but that was only just released just over a week ago so no we didnít have the option to buy it we were told the international version was coming soon and it came 8 months later. it was also at the very least implied that there would be a similar pre sale discount for the international version that there was for the US and Android version so not only was it perfectly reasonable for international users to wait for a version that actually worked properly in their country it was sensible considering this is not a cheap app.

You clearly donít understand monetary policy if you believe that $150 equates to £150. Apple apps generally cost the same in pounds as they do in dollars including this app. You are correct that the exchange rate has never been 1-1 and yet you seem to think that it isnít a premium to have to pay £150 for a $150 app.

Letís give you a brief lesson in monetary policy at current exchange rates $150 = £117 even if you add vat at 20% this only comes to £139. So at the barest minimum UK users are paying a premium of £11 or just under $15 but in real terms the price for the app in the U.K. is $192 vs $150 in the US and vs $99 that both US users and Android users paid when their versions were released.

I had absolutely no intention of continuing to debate this with people that have no skin in the game but I had to call BS on this post which was not only complete BS but was also completely unnecessary.

Mark
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of rasp
Kaliix, forget about Apple for the moment. I would love to hear your thoughts regarding the points that I raised.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3584 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2020, Kaliix wrote:
Your beef regarding App store pricing is with Apple. I don't claim to be an expert on the app store policies, but an article from 2017 makes clear that Apple is solely responsible for the conversion rate regarding dollars and pounds. The article also makes clear that Apple and only Apple is responsible for the exchange rate being 1 to 1. Your complaining about the policies here is misplaced as Apple most certainly doesn't read this forum and Mr. Levit appears to have nothing to do with the policy.

Nobody owes you anything. If you didn't like the terms given when the discount was offered, then don't purchase the product. You could have determined that the risk was worth it, given the reputation of Mr. Levit and the success of the American version. You chose otherwise. Deal with it.

You've posted ten times in this thread, complaining about things that are mostly Apples fault, or about a decision that you FREELY made and are now salty about. It's time to get over it and move on.

I wish I had taken the sale price when it was offered, but I didn't. This seems like a top-notch app. If it's as good as I think, I guess I'll have to spend the extra money. Live and learn...

Quote:
On Mar 3, 2020, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2020, Kaliix wrote:
Convince yourself that you were wronged however you want. End of the day you had a choice to purchase it early and take the discount but also take on the risk. You choose to not take the risk and keep your money. No one forced you to make that decision. You have your own free will and exercised it so give it up man.

You are not paying any premium in the UK. There are exchange rates between pounds, euro's and dollars and the rate has never been 1.0, nor should it be, unless you one doesn't understand monetary policy.

What an absolute load of complete bollox. Letís not get into the fact that on release there was no guarantee of an international version. When it was released it was limited to North America. I am not even sure it was available in the UK App Store at that time. An international version was then promised but that was only just released just over a week ago so no we didnít have the option to buy it we were told the international version was coming soon and it came 8 months later. it was also at the very least implied that there would be a similar pre sale discount for the international version that there was for the US and Android version so not only was it perfectly reasonable for international users to wait for a version that actually worked properly in their country it was sensible considering this is not a cheap app.

You clearly donít understand monetary policy if you believe that $150 equates to £150. Apple apps generally cost the same in pounds as they do in dollars including this app. You are correct that the exchange rate has never been 1-1 and yet you seem to think that it isnít a premium to have to pay £150 for a $150 app.

Letís give you a brief lesson in monetary policy at current exchange rates $150 = £117 even if you add vat at 20% this only comes to £139. So at the barest minimum UK users are paying a premium of £11 or just under $15 but in real terms the price for the app in the U.K. is $192 vs $150 in the US and vs $99 that both US users and Android users paid when their versions were released.

I had absolutely no intention of continuing to debate this with people that have no skin in the game but I had to call BS on this post which was not only complete BS but was also completely unnecessary.

Mark


Actually I have posted multiple times in this thread responding to people that have major issues with reading comprehension. I stated up front that Apples pricing policies were not Jonathanís fault but they do mean that many international users are paying a premium regardless of whoís fault it is. Likewise I also stated that nobody is automatically entitled to the app and Jonathon is free to sell it to who he wishes and how he wishes. Jonathon had already responded and the matter was closed other than you trolling the thread when you donít have a dog in this hunt.

As I said before I have no wish to debate this with people with no skin in the game. Iíve called BS on your BS twice now any further responses can simply be taken as BS with no further need for me to point it out.

Thanks for playing.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1527 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
If you actually believed any of what you just wrote, you wouldn't have posted ten complaint posts, no wait now eleven, whining about how unfair this situation all is.

Apple isn't listening and doesn't care that you think their 1 to 1 exchange rate is unfair. Englands VAT is England's problem. The British government probably is listening but still doesn't care.

I have no dog in this fight, but neither do you. I just think you are complaining entirely too much when it is your own dang fault. Your call of BS is BS. See I can just proclaim things to be true too.

Mr. Levit's app appears awesome. For a working magician, it can easily be the highlight of the show. Let's talk more about that. I'd volunteer to be a person who is called. Magicians helping magicians, right!

Quote:
On Mar 3, 2020, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Actually I have posted multiple times in this thread responding to people that have major issues with reading comprehension. I stated up front that Apples pricing policies were not Jonathanís fault but they do mean that many international users are paying a premium regardless of whoís fault it is. Likewise I also stated that nobody is automatically entitled to the app and Jonathon is free to sell it to who he wishes and how he wishes. Jonathon had already responded and the matter was closed other than you trolling the thread when you donít have a dog in this hunt.

As I said before I have no wish to debate this with people with no skin in the game. Iíve called BS on your BS twice now any further responses can simply be taken as BS with no further need for me to point it out.

Thanks for playing.

Mark
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of rasp
Kaliix......... yet again you are fixating on the Apple issues, what about your thoughts on the points I raised?
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3584 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Iím not complaining at all and I donít see how it is my fault that US users were given a discount, Android were and international users were not. Thatís a simple fact. As an international iOS user I do indeed have a dog in this hunt whilst you do not but yet you feel the need to chime in saying ďIím alright Jack Iím in the US and I got my discount so tough luckĒ. Well Iím happy for you but if you donít have anything constructive to add then let the thread die.

Your input is neither required, productive or helpful particularly as you chose to chime in with your pointless and unproductive input long after the matter had been closed. The points had been made respectfully and logically, Jonathon had read them and responded politely and respectfully and the matter was closed and then you came in like a bull in a china shop spouting complete and utter BS and when BS was called on it rather than say ďYou are right, there is a significant difference in priceĒ you then chose to defend your BS by saying itís not Jonathonís fault ... well der I had already pointed that out in my first post.

Every single one of my posts since Jonathon responded to the points I and others had made have simply been responding to you mostly because it is entertaining to see you working yourself up when you have no dog in this fight nor any reason to reopen a debate that had long since been resolved by bother parties that did actually have a dog in this hunt. However you conveniently ignored Raspís posts which were the only new info in this thread. A thread that was conducted using reason and logic before you bulldozed into it after the debate was already over.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of jlevit
I'm going to ask that we allow this matter to be closed. I appreciate everyone's input and passion for this subject. It is clear that we are at an impasse. I respectfully ask that we can all come together and move forward. I apologize if there was discontent from some who felt the process has not been fair to them. I hear you. At this point, there is nothing that I can do and I need to continue to push forward, developing the app and continuing to enhance the features that are available within it. I am energized by the community that has been built around it and I want to continue to create a positive experience and environment for that community. I welcome new users into the community and for those that feel this is not right for them, I wish only my best to them and all. Sincerely. Again, my thanks for all that have contributed to this discussion. It hasn't always been kind to me, but again, I hear you.
With respect,
Jonathan
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
627 Posts

Profile of brehan
Hi Jonathan,

Can you tell me if this is going to be available for Android?

Thanks
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
502 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2020, brehan wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

Can you tell me if this is going to be available for Android?

Thanks


Yes. If you scroll back a few pages, lots of discussion on that. You can find more details here: https://thestrangerapp.com/Android/
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
115 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
So am I right in assuming in an international version or is this still pending?
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2020, Sreidy wrote:
So am I right in assuming in an international version or is this still pending?


The international version is the currently released version for iOS and these features will be a part of the 1.0 Android release.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2020, jlevit wrote:

The international version is the currently released version for iOS and these features will be a part of the 1.0 Android release.


Android... Mmmmmmmmmmm!
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Jonathon, any word yet on when the Android version might be ready? Last we heard was possibly late March.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1539 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Bit the bullet and purchased.
Waiting to be accepted into the UK Whatsapp group 👌🏻
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of Psy
Im waiting for the feature to be able to make your own recordings, to purchase this app
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1539 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2020, Psy wrote:
Im waiting for the feature to be able to make your own recordings, to purchase this app


I think you can already do that?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ The Stranger (iPhone App) by Jonathan Levit (51 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL